Mimic death 11/08/2010 02:59 PM CST
Although once proposed for thieves, and similar to a bardic ability <bluff death>, I feel this is something that a necromancer, as familiar with corpses and death as one becomes, would be fitting for this guild.

Basically, it would give any PC in your room the same messaging you get when someone is struck down, and any critters would stop attacking you - treat you as if you were dead. <although this could have painful consequential effects for those critters that tear off a leg or something after death like snow goblins>.

You basically would imitate rigor mortis, there would be a RT involved, and there would be a small quest to obtain this ability, I'm thinking at around 30th circle or so <when you gain the title "necromancer" - although you can't put it up for fear of societies reprecussions>.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Mimic death 11/08/2010 03:05 PM CST
<<and exactly like a bardic ability <bluff death>,

FTFY.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Mimic death 11/08/2010 03:13 PM CST
I'm all for Necromancers actually getting something to Circle for aside from spell slots they can collect for fun and "new" slips. This could even be a skillcheck of thanatology and discipline vs. perception and intelligence or something along those lines.
Re: Mimic death 11/08/2010 03:33 PM CST
>>Basically, it would give any PC in your room the same messaging you get when someone is struck down, and any critters would stop attacking you - treat you as if you were dead. <although this could have painful consequential effects for those critters that tear off a leg or something after death like snow goblins>.

Isn't this called DEPART DEATH?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Mimic death 11/08/2010 03:40 PM CST
Minus the dying part.
Re: Mimic death 11/08/2010 06:25 PM CST
I like the idea, maybe would be better as a spell so it wouldnt upset bards as much? I don't see it as a problem though to be just an ability. Makes sense and also could see them better at it then bards, esp. if it was spell form. Maybe make ya cut your hand first for blood or such.
Re: Mimic death 11/13/2010 05:49 PM CST
>>Isn't this called DEPART DEATH?

I take it this is a fancy way of saying "No".
Re: Mimic death 11/13/2010 08:10 PM CST
I think if you slap a clerical ability to nullify it , this and anything else a cleric can pounce though , is sellable

...ah ha.... and so we Can control the Eu without you!