Entry 09/02/2010 08:28 AM CDT
How far away from the guild have you successfully used entry for?
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 09:24 AM CDT
A little north of Dirge.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 10:55 AM CDT
>> A little north of Dirge.

Uh... really?
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 11:27 AM CDT
>>Uh... really?

Yep.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 01:45 PM CDT
One of the things I have wanted to do was to find all the rooms that Entry works in, it was mentioned somewhere that there are ~20.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 01:49 PM CDT
I hope Entry works for our other cult halls with multiple entry and exit points like our main hall.

>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 02:24 PM CDT
>>One of the things I have wanted to do was to find all the rooms that Entry works in, it was mentioned somewhere that there are ~20.

There are way more than 20 rooms that entry works in. It works in pretty much any non-justice-zone location on the NTR. up until a little past Dirge.

Unless you're talking about non-Crossing-guild destination rooms.

Re: Entry 09/02/2010 02:26 PM CDT
>>I hope Entry works for our other cult halls with multiple entry and exit points like our main hall.

It'll be required to enter them at all, if I remember correctly.
Re: Entry 09/02/2010 11:54 PM CDT
wow. now THAT is useful information. :-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Entry 09/03/2010 01:12 PM CDT
Just tried entry to make sure.

PERFORM ENTRY works up until the North Roads Caravansary. My bet is that it doesn't work in that specific room because it is a justice room. Once you go one north beyond it, you're "officially" in Riverhaven (things appraise in Lirum), and it becomes too far away, northwise.

Re: Entry 09/07/2010 10:27 AM CDT
what about south? does the river block us? and the same question west? is province wide entry?
Re: Entry 09/07/2010 11:03 AM CDT
within the province further south than dirge, one cannot find entry from within the leucro/viper area, nor from within sorrow's reach, not the goblin/hogs area, nor from within arthe dale. Nor Mycangelde or the favor area <no surprise there!>. Although I did find some bibbleberries and free tea in Arthe Dale! Yum!

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Entry 09/07/2010 11:29 AM CDT
My guess is that entry works according to "zone."

The entire Kronar-Appraisal NTR is one zone, as is the area outside of the north gate.

The system probably checks to see if you're in a justice zone (in which case it won't work at all), and then if you're in a zone that is linked to the guild.

It would be nice if the "outside the west gate" zone linked up to the guild, but it won't make or break anything for me. I think it's reasonable that outside the east gate is a bit too far off the beaten path, though, since that's urban and there are no paths to hack past, etc.

Re: Entry 09/08/2010 09:48 AM CDT
It doesn't work in the cemetary...
Re: Entry 09/08/2010 09:57 AM CDT
it doesn't work from the "fake" guild either.

There is some very nice mana in there though.

Re: Entry 09/08/2010 10:12 AM CDT
if you look at the geogrophy of the zoluren province, and note things mentioned in areas like fences bordering the west side of this... or fences surrounding an area with only one gate that allows for coming and going, the places perform entry does and doesn't work make sense.
>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: Entry 09/08/2010 10:20 AM CDT
Sorry for double post, but on the mention of places with good mana...

I recall only finding one place so far with "shining" streams. Lambent is what I see for the most part when it comes to "real good" spots. I can prepare at 69 but strain at 70 in the high lambent areas.

While still being vague so as not to garner unwanted attention, anyone care to mention a general vacinity or two they have found to be beneficial to the arcane tapper?

I supose it could also be because I havent reached the percieve skill yet that allows me to recognize with the finest scaling the power available.

>ask rangu about hair
>
Re: Entry 09/08/2010 10:39 AM CDT
>>It doesn't work in the cemetary...

That probably means the cemetery is its own "zone" more than anything.

>>if you look at the geogrophy of the zoluren province, and note things mentioned in areas like fences bordering the west side of this... or fences surrounding an area with only one gate that allows for coming and going, the places perform entry does and doesn't work make sense.

Not to knock the GMs any, but I think you're thinking too hard about it.

>>While still being vague so as not to garner unwanted attention, anyone care to mention a general vacinity or two they have found to be beneficial to the arcane tapper?

Each zone I've hunted in so far had at least one really good (glowing/lambent) Arcane energy room. The best room for guild-based magic training is the platform at the top of the housing. The second best seems to be the room with the bucket.

Re: Entry 09/08/2010 10:49 AM CDT
Ironically, there is very good mana in the building where the clerics rezz.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Entry 09/08/2010 11:37 PM CDT
wm tower west, theres one room in leucros i've found with very nice mana, i haven't been able to get into the genii area yet to look around there, there's a couple rooms in crocs with good mana, there's one room in the crossing cemetary outside the mauseleum, there's a room or two in the necropolis on aesry with good mana, there's very nice mana in the first room of the "fake" guild, there's a room or two in the crossing temple <i don't recommend exploring in there for obvious reasons>, there's a couple rooms in the crossing sewers, i haven't explored enough of mer'kresh or m'riss to know of "good rooms" there, i've found some very nice arcane mana in rooms that are also good for WM in undershard. hodierna's solace south of crossing has a room with nice mana. I've also found some very nice necromantic mana in germish'din. there's also good mana in a couple of the rooms by the necro critters by the salt lakes in muspar'i.