summoning/controlling undead 07/26/2010 01:22 AM CDT
although the initial "event" here occured in plat, it has ramifications for all instances, if it is something that Necromancer PCs will be capable of. Not necessarily within the Philosophy however.

during the lyras event there my character was told by one of the philosopher NPCs
to try to wrest control over a plague wraith <i was told i would be able to do this by becoming either extremely angry or extremely afraid> and then get it to attack one of Lyras's Arisen.<command it like one would a zombie>

Was this something that was just tailored for that event, or, will this be an ability that necromancer PCs will somehow become capable of? <i failed to do so, after the initial time it happened - it deemed me "unworthy" or something.- possibly because my character did everything she could think of to avoid being labeled perverse - including turning myself into the inquisition - the Red Buzzard Dungeon is every bit as "creepy" as our guild though - <the first time it happened before i knew what it was, it "took" my eyes somehow,giving me bleeding eyeballs, and my "pain" made the plague wraith appear. I ran. >

additionally,- I had been <involuntarily> labeled "perverse" at the time.- I think this is something more along those lines than something that would be approved by the philosophy, due to their relectance to tamper with things that are already undead.

The powers to control something like that seem to me to be along the line with Perverse.

Basicly, is this ability somehow planned for the Perverse Necromancers<taking control of an existing Undead critter, rather than one of our own creation>.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.