More Destiny Cipher 07/03/2020 12:47 AM CDT
I remember that the bones I bought at HE many years ago took 1200-1500 predictions to cap. That was without Destiny Cipher, which I don't think had been released at the time. January of this year I posted that capping my bowl from HE had taken far fewer predictions than my bones, but I didn't post any details. I wanted to finish working all six tools first so I could give a complete picture of what it took to cap them. Here's what I found:

Without Destiny Cipher

Bones extensive use. 1000+

With Destiny Cipher

Bowl heavy use. 250-499
Mirror great use. 500-999
Charts great use. 500-999
Prism heavy use. 250-499
Tokka heavy use. 250-499

The remaining five tools are likely all clustered around the 500ish mark, perhaps either a little below or above. That's at least half, if not closer to a third, of what my bones took. That’s a spectacular improvement.

I've gone from still being suspicious of the old Destiny Cipher bug to being a total believer in the spell.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: More Destiny Cipher 07/15/2020 08:40 AM CDT
I'm working on a fest prism, currently with 372 predictions; 88 'serenity' results, 18 'cracked' results and looking like this:

>get prism
You get a crystalline dragon tear prism suspended from a moonsilver chain from inside your leather backpack.
>anal prism
You turn your prism about, carefully evaluating the craftsmanship.

The refraction of the prism is comparable to moonstone.
The prism is very well-balanced.
The interior has several major inclusions.
The planes of the prism are well-cut.
The prism is somewhat new.
It appears to have seen heavy use.
The overall craftsmanship is spectacular and the prism should prove extremely resistant to damage.

Recognizing the investiture as your own, you cautiously probe the prism with your prophetic talent.

Seven vertices are bound to probability.
A soft thrum of life fills the prism.
It resembles your prophetic composition.
It is almost certain not to cause unintentional internal inversion.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Each of the physical properties has been downgraded once. Using DC, AUS, IOTS (cha/wis boost) and astrolabe for luck (+1). Of interest is that on four occasions I got both 'serenity' and 'cracked' results on the same prediction, had "star plucked from the heavens" three times and 'serenity' and "star...heavens" twice. Also haven't (knocks on wood) had a 'void' result.

Sooooooo much nicer than the one I had from a guildfest that suffered 60ish 'cracked' results but only capped one aspect.

Gopburpop