Bugs In My Bowl 08/15/2019 11:31 PM CDT
I'm still learning about bowls, so it's all new to me, but I see a couple of issues:

1) The light color doesn't reflect the true polarity of the prediction. It seems random.

2) Regardless of what skill the tool affects, it will show the sigils of the Phoenix and the Wolverine. Is it possible that bowls cannot reference the old CJ list any longer and are defaulting to the first skill in the overall list - Shield Ability? Or perhaps the skill combinations several years ago might be causing an issue?

I'm using the Xibar-blue banded sandstone bowl painted with six towers.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/16/2019 01:53 AM CDT
<<1) The light color doesn't reflect the true polarity of the prediction. It seems random.

There was always variation in the light color but they could be categorized into 2 groups since polarity is binary: various white or blue tones for positive bonuses and red or orange tones for negative ones. Are you seeing something happening such as red light for a bonus? The colors have matched up for me so far out of the handful of predictions I've done with the updated bowl I have. That said, the color of the light is also linked to the sigils since it used to be that some cj needed 3 sigils but the prediction always gave 2 and the color told you if one of the sigils was doubled. E.g. a white Wren and Xibar was appraisal (W+X), a white Wren and blue Xibar was trading (W+X+X) and a blue Wren and white Xibar was strings (W+W+X). I can see the light color being messed up because of the constellations being messed up too.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/16/2019 02:01 AM CDT
<but the prediction always gave 2 and the color told you if one of the sigils was doubled.

Sorry, sometimes it gave three, but when it gave 2 you had to double-check the color. It's been a while since I've had to interpret bowls frequently!
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/16/2019 07:10 PM CDT
Ynami has been rewriting the bowl page on elanthipedia, so it looks like way that the old way bowls used to work is changing.

Having said that, yes, the polarity is sometime wrong - red on bonuses and white on curses. I've only seen those two colors though and none of the old red-orange and whatnot. At this point we cannot be sure the tertiary colors are still around.

Another thing, I remember several years ago when people posted that Destiny Cipher was broken and was working in reverse, making bonding less likely and (I think) damage more likely. Then people began posting about it being fixed, although I don't remember where the post about that was.

I was doing one bowl now without DC and one with, and the one with had noticeably worse progress. Each of the four damage attributes were dinged down a category in the first dozen predictions with one bonding increase. Are we certain that DC was ever actually fixed? I might have just had a run of bad luck, but until further notice I'm going to avoid DC.

The problem I'm getting with sigils is that regardless of skill set or skill prediction on, it always shows the Phoenix and the Wolverine, yet every skill so far has been non-shield.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/17/2019 10:09 AM CDT
There was an issue that's been fixed with the showing of different sigils. In terms of polarity, I haven't been able to find any cases where bonus/curse are showing incorrectly, so if you do run across them, could you share more details around the alignment, the prediction messaging, the final result from EXP MODS, and the predict analyze?

-GM Ynami
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/17/2019 03:05 PM CDT
Concerning Destiny Cipher,
In the past, I completely ruined a top of the line divination tool before people knew about the destiny cipher bug. Since that bug was fixed, I capped 2 additional tools. At this time, I think destiny cipher is working as intended. However, I say that with caution because bugs seem to have a way of resurrecting themselves.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/17/2019 03:30 PM CDT
>There was an issue that's been fixed with the showing of different sigils.

Quick work, thank you.

>In terms of polarity, I haven't been able to find any cases where bonus/curse are showing incorrectly, so if you do run across them, could you share more details around the alignment, the prediction messaging, the final result from EXP MODS, and the predict analyze?

I was using EXP MODS but not predict analyze, so I'll need to collect some new data.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/17/2019 03:52 PM CDT
<<Concerning Destiny Cipher,
<<In the past, I completely ruined a top of the line divination tool before people knew about the destiny cipher bug. Since that bug was fixed, I capped 2 additional tools. At this time, I think destiny cipher is working as intended. However, I say that with caution because bugs seem to have a way of resurrecting themselves.

Here's my anecdote with a tool purchased at the current fest. After roughly 50-99 or so predictions (I didn't keep track and am basing this off of elanthipedia's number tied to the usage message on my tool) using only full prediction pools with DC cast at 440 mana I have already had enough bonding events (at least 9 of them) to push two of the bonds into the second stage. It does appear to be working as intended, since if the bug is back in and making it more difficult to cap a tool then I've been extremely lucky.

s> get charts

You get some Katamba-black celestial charts detailed in gold ink from inside your wolfskin backpack.
s> anal my charts
You turn your charts about, carefully evaluating the craftsmanship.

The "Zodiac Map" is marred by several minor creases.
The "Anomalous Discourse" is marred by several minor creases.
The "Diagram of Configurations" is an unspectacular example of its kind.
The "Table of Astrological Algorithms" is an unspectacular example of its kind.
The charts are rather new.
They appear to have seen use. This is 50-99 predictions according to elanthipedia
The overall craftsmanship is average.

Recognizing the investiture as your own, you cautiously probe the charts with your prophetic talent.

You are completely inexperienced with the "Zodiac Map." No bonds
You are inexperienced with the "Anomalous Discourse." 4-7 bonds
You are quite inexperienced with the "Diagram of Configurations." 1-3 bonds
You are inexperienced with the "Table of Astrological Algorithms." 4-7 bonds
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 08/17/2019 04:13 PM CDT
Thanks for sharing those data, LCAMP2, that is very helpful.

Instinctively I still don't trust Destiny Cipher, but with other players saying they believe it to be working as intended, I'll try it again and see what happens.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/09/2019 12:10 AM CDT
LCAMP2, I was curious if you've still not seen any examples of the bonuses and curses with bowls being wrong. Or has anyone else run across this?

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/09/2019 12:36 AM CDT
I haven't been using my bowl so I don't have any other experience than before, sorry. That said, here is a prediction I just did with it and it was incorrect. Everything with it looks right, except the color of the light which should have been blue. Either the prediction was turned and it didn't message the turning at all, or it just outright didn't message properly as a bonus.

> predict state lore
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over lore.

s> align lore
You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on a random lore skill.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

s> gaze my bowl

You gaze into the bowl, your hand moving around its lip until it completes a full circle.
The unity of your mind sharpens the focus of your prophetic talent as you channel it through the bowl.
You dip your fingers gently into the gelid water and raise them above the bowl.
The ripples remain for a short while, then gently subside into stillness.
As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the red light of the Wren and the Ox as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

> pred anal

You close your eyes, mentally seeking the threads of fate. A handful of images flutter in and out of view and you pick out the following:

A solid aquamarine tome that disappears and is replaced by a catapult. It hangs in the air a moment before fading from sight. A Gnome man stands in the background, watching.

> exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:

+10 Engineering
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/09/2019 08:34 PM CDT
Thanks for posting that; it's the sort of thing I've also been seeing.

In the beginning, it was maybe 1 error out of 5 predictions, but it increased until finally I had a consecutive 15 predictions where 11 of them had an error. My guess is that EXP MODS tells the true story, but I'll wait until all the kinks are worked out before I really dive in to see how everything works.

I've not seen a blue light yet, most have been red or white with a small number of blue-white and red-orange:

>As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the blue-white light of the Wren and the white light of Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

>As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the red-orange light of the Wren and the red light of Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

Also, there's the occasional triple carving:

>As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the red light of the Phoenix, the Lion, and the Dolphin as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/10/2019 02:28 AM CDT
<<>As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the blue-white light of the Wren and the white light of Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

<<>As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the red-orange light of the Wren and the red light of Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.

<<I've not seen a blue light yet

Sorry, yes that's correct and my mistake earlier. Blue will never occur on its own.

Blue-white and red-orange only come up when it's a triple sigil constellation where 2 of the sigils are the same and the blue-white specifically indicates the constellation sigil counts twice. In your examples above, the sigil combination is a triple that is Wren + Wren + Katamba. Your phoenix, lion and dolphin is a 3 sigil skill that is made up of 3 different sigils.

Here are the color and their meanings:

White - positive prediction and the sigil is counted once when determining which skill was affected.
Blue-white - positive prediction and sigil is counted twice when determining which skill was affected.
Red - negative prediction and sigil is counted once when determining which skill was affected.
Red-orange - negative prediction and sigil is counted twice when determining which skill was affected.

<<My guess is that EXP MODS tells the true story

This is correct. Predict analyze is also correct. You would have to compare either of those (ideally both) to test if the prediction messaging was correct or not.

<<Most have been red or white with a small number of blue-white and red-orange:

This taken on its own is expected depending on which skills you are predicting with single most sigil combinations don't have 2 of the same sigils in them. That you're seeing all of them shows that you're at least getting all types of results.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/10/2019 08:12 PM CDT
Thank you for confirming all that. Your posts have been very helpful.

I just did 4 predictions, and they were all correct, so maybe it's been fixed.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/10/2019 08:25 PM CDT
I just had a bad one, so I spoke too soon.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/23/2019 11:45 AM CDT
The issue with sometimes seeing red light on a bonus should now be fixed in the Prime, Platinum, and Fallen instances.

- Ynami
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/24/2019 09:53 PM CDT
Thanks for getting that done, Ynami. I was only able to do a few predictions, but the bonus/curse does seem to be working properly.

I had only one irregularity. I had a couple of these with my bowl a while back also. It's where the prediction doesn't cause any change in the current skill information. In this case, I got a bonus on Skinning, yet the Exp Mods remained the same. The Predict Analyze read the same in both cases as well. Is it possible that Skinning got the exact +93 result twice in a row so the net change from averaging was zero?

R> [tool]: get sandstone bowl from my haversack

You get a Xibar-blue banded sandstone bowl painted with six towers from inside your leather haversack.
>

[tool]: align Survival
You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on a random survival skill.
R>

[tool]: exp mods

--84 Crossbow
+93 Skinning

>

[tool]: gaze my sandstone bowl
You gaze into the bowl, your hand moving around its lip until it completes a full circle.
The unity of your mind sharpens the focus of your prophetic talent as you channel it through the bowl.
You dip your fingers gingerly into the scalding water and raise them above the bowl.
As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the white light of the Phoenix and the Ram as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.
R>

[tool]: exp mods

--84 Crossbow
+93 Skinning

>

[tool]: analyze my sandstone bowl
You turn your bowl about, carefully evaluating the craftsmanship.

The stone is rather nonporous.
The interior of the bowl has several cracks and chips.
The six major sigils fade in and out.
The inner rim takes a while before beginning to darken.
The bowl is somewhat new.
It appears to have seen heavy use.
The overall craftsmanship is below average and the bowl should prove slightly susceptible to damage.

Recognizing the investiture as your own, you cautiously probe the bowl with your prophetic talent.

Your connection with the bowl manifests itself as a vision of a vessel.
Your mind's eye sees that vessel's water level is less than half full.
The surface of the water undulates within the vessel.
The liquid within the vessel is chalky like whey.
The water is sandy.
R> [tool]: put my sandstone bowl in my haversack

You put your bowl in your leather haversack.
>

[tool]: predict analyze
Your masterful awareness brings the webs of fate to life as a dynamic overlay on reality. A few images materialize before your mind's eye and you pick out the following:

A luminous crimson moonblade that transforms into a crossbow. It lingers in your mind long after the form has finally scattered. An Elven woman stands somewhere beyond your sight. You can't quite make out who it is.

A vivid aquamarine tree that disappears and is replaced by a bear hide. It lingers in your mind long after the form has finally scattered. An Elven woman stands somewhere beyond your sight. You can't quite make out who it is.

Roundtime: 7 sec.

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/24/2019 10:40 PM CDT
There's a message for when you already have a prediction on a given skill. For all of the previously working tools it is "The threads of prophecy respond sluggishly to your efforts, as if already strained" so I assume it would be the same for bowls and decks. I don't see any sort of similar message in your prediction which makes me think it just didn't do anything and you're still just seeing the first prediction in your analyze.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 12:02 AM CDT
>>There's a message for when you already have a prediction on a given skill. For all of the previously working tools it is "The threads of prophecy respond sluggishly to your efforts, as if already strained"

I use bones, and I don't recall seeing this message. For what it's worth I've also deliberately predicted on the same skill plenty of times -- though I do it to try to reverse the damage of a curse. The system then adds my new bonus to whatever the cursed amount is. I believe I might have once or twice gone on to predict a third time on the same skill in order to increase the bonus (as it usually goes back to ~0 on the second prediction), but this is difficult given the limited pools so I may be misremembering and certainly haven't done it in a while.

Are you saying that when you try to bonus an already bonused skill, it gets blocked? Are you certain about this? It just doesn't jive with what I feel like I've seen personally. Not impossible, but surprising that I would have never noticed something like that.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 04:49 PM CDT
<<Are you saying that when you try to bonus an already bonused skill, it gets blocked?

No, I'm not. I'm saying that's the messaging for when it gets averaged. It has been in place for years for all 4 tools.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Divination_bones#Special_messages
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Divination_mirror#Special_messages
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Divination_prism#Special_messages
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Divination_charts#Special_messages

I'm also saying that it looks like it is not working as intended with bowls if Vanxa isn't getting the message. It's certainly possible her second prediction was exactly the same amount so the averaging wasn't apparent in EXP MODS, but even if that was the case it should have messaged that line about averaging them.

Given your post saying you never see it on bones it's possible it is broken on bones and other tools as well. I'm currently seeing if I can get the message or not, so I'll report back. If it's not working on any tool it's possible something unrelated broke it like maybe the recent buff stacking changes or even just the release of the new tools.
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 05:29 PM CDT
Okay, some quick testing with a throw-away chart and prism with minimum strength predictions and it looks like at least for charts and prisms the message is there and averaging correctly but the message has changed. I'm in the process of obtaining a throw-away bowl, mirror and bones as well to see what they do. Possibly a deck too if I feel industrious enough to head out to Taisgath.

> review chart

You carefully review your charts with a focus on your own fate.

Comparing the "Zodiac Map" with your own recent observations you note a major anomaly within the constellation of the Magpie (Def1).
Consulting the "Anomalous Discourse" you discover that this occurrence holds sway over your ability to skin game.
Referencing the "Diagram of Configurations" you determine that Morleena is the dominant influence. (Curse)
With the aid of the "Table of Astrological Algorithms" you conclude this event will hold sway for one anlas and fourteen roisaen.

> exp mods

--10 Skinning

> review chart

You carefully review your charts with a focus on your own fate.
These strands of prophecy are already taut and resist your further ministrations.

Comparing the "Zodiac Map" with your own recent observations you note a trivial anomaly within the constellation of the Phoenix (Mag1 Lor2).
Consulting the "Anomalous Discourse" you discover that this occurrence holds sway over your ability to skin game.
Referencing the "Diagram of Configurations" you determine that Yoakena is the dominant influence. (Bonus)
With the aid of the "Table of Astrological Algorithms" you conclude this event will hold sway for nine roisaen.

> exp mods

+1 Skinning

> raise prism

You deliberately expel the outside world from your thoughts, leaving your mental landscape empty of all but you and the prism.
You carefully slip the prism from its chain before lofting the prism on telekinetic currents.

You focus the light of the heavens on the prism, bathing it in a brilliant beam of sunlight before setting it spinning with an additional touch of telekinesis.
The prism slowly somersaults in place, tumbling about randomly. The motion scatters broad rainbows about the area.
You seek the pattern within the refracted light and find two nested circles, one twice the diameter of the other, which intersect at the furthest point from you.
The prism slowly settles back into your hand and you deftly reaffix its chain.

> exp mods

+22 Lunar Magic

>raise prism
You deliberately expel the outside world from your thoughts, leaving your mental landscape empty of all but you and the prism.
You carefully slip the prism from its chain before lofting the prism on telekinetic currents.
These strands of prophecy are already taut and resist your further ministrations.

You focus the light of the heavens on the prism, bathing it in a brilliant beam of sunlight before setting it spinning with an additional touch of telekinesis.
The prism settles into a lazy, lopsided rotation. The motion scatters diffuse rainbows about the area.
You seek the pattern within the refracted light and find two nested circles, one twice the diameter of the other, which intersect at the closest point from you.
The prism emits a sharp crack which echoes through the air for several long moments before fading.
The prism slowly settles back into your hand and you deftly reaffix its chain.

> exp mods

+6 Lunar Magic
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 05:43 PM CDT
Ah, I see. Well, looks like maybe I just never noticed because I just checked with bones and did get the message.

You cast your bones before you.

The Krr-tich tumbles end-over-end before coming to a rest pointing directly towards you.
The Sek-rith bounces several times and lands pointing directly towards you.
The Moon Sphere falls to the ground with a dull Thud, comes to a stop with the top face depicting a maul.
The Sun Disk lands white side up.
You gather your bones back up.

Of note I was at +119 both times, which does tend to happen when I hit a capped prediction each time. So that may be why the double +93 -- but LCAMP2 is right that there should be that message.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 07:32 PM CDT
Okay, it looks like Destiny Cipher is the culprit but it appears it is just a messaging bug with the averaging effect still working correctly. I've bugged this in game.

Here are my tests with a mirror, bones and deck. I'm not able to get a throw-away bowl since their sale hasn't been turned back on at Krrish's Bones which I've bugged in game and assisted about to have it looked at.

Tests 1 and 2 below:
The averaging and messaging worked correctly with both of these and were done without any spells in place. For the mirror one, I already had the prediction prior to logging in today so I don't have the initial prediction message for it, but the messaging and averaging worked fine.

Test 3 below:
I noticed at this point that on Vanxa's prediction she was using Destiny Cipher, so I did a quick test with that spell up... and it appears to be the culprit. I did 2 bonuses in a row on Augmentation and got the exact same results Vanxa was getting where there is no averaging messaging and the bonus doesn't change.

Test 4 below:
I then tried for a bonus+curse combo to see if the averaging would work correctly with DC up. It averaged correctly but did not message that it averaged.

Test 5 below:
Since my 2 predictions from test 3 above were so close in strength, I wasn't sure if they were averaging correctly when both bonuses or not. I got a bit lucky and had a critical success prediction which gave me a much stronger bonus, so I was able to get a bonus and combine it with a different bonus relatively easily and it averaged correctly.

Test 6 below:
Since I wasn't able to get a bowl, I went and got a deck and the messaging and averaging works with them without DC up. I'm assuming bowls work fine, but I'm not willing to do a throw away prediction on my main bowl and getting a full pool twice in a relatively short time isn't easy.

Test 1

> exp mods

+10 Engineering (prediction from before I logged in to test this)

> gaze mirror

You gaze deeply into your mirror, opening yourself to the probability that trembles within it.
Fragments of the future ripple across the surface as time races forward. Slowly, they coalesce into a singular reflection.

You see yourself in surroundings very much like your own, however, they are grey, listless, and utterly devoid of possibility.
You crank furiously at a crossbow but end up snapping the prod under the excess strain.
Judging by the heavens above this prophecy will come to pass by late Peri'el's Watch.
A blast of heat emanates from the surface of the mirror as the glass appears to momentarily bubble and liquefy.

> exp mods

--1 Engineering

Test 2

> roll bone

The Krr-tich bounces twice and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith bounces once and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere bounces once before comes to a stop with the top face depicting a spellbook.
The Sun Disk lands black side up.

> exp mods

--10 Lunar Magic

> roll bone

The Krr-tich bounces three times and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith stands on end for a moment before falling over, pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting a spellbook.

> exp mods

+1 Lunar Magic

Test 3

> roll bone

The unity of your mind sharpens the focus of your prophetic talent as you channel it through the bones.

The Krr-tich bounces several times and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith stands on end for a moment before falling over, pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere rolls a few inches away before comes to a stop with the top face depicting an imposing figure.

> exp mods

+10 Augmentation

> roll bones

The unity of your mind sharpens the focus of your prophetic talent as you channel it through the bones.

The Krr-tich bounces once and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith rolls a few inches away pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere falls to the ground with a dull Thud, comes to a stop with the top face depicting an imposing figure.

> exp mods

+10 Augmentation

Test 4

> roll bone

The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting an anvil.
You feel the planar boundary weaken as the flow of probability increases through the Moon Sphere.

> exp mods

+10 Forging

> roll bone

The Krr-tich stands on end for a moment before falling over, pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith bounces twice and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting an anvil.
A small chip flew from the Krr-tich as it impacted.

> exp mods

--1 Forging

Test 5

> roll bone

The planar boundary shudders as a wave of probability gushes wildly through your bones.

The Krr-tich stands on end for a moment before falling over, pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith bounces once and lands pointing off to one side.
The Moon Sphere bounces once before comes to a stop with the top face depicting two crossed swords.
You feel the planar boundary weaken as the flow of probability increases through the Krr-tich.

> exp mods

+19 Parry Ability

> roll bone

The Krr-tich bounces once and lands pointing directly away from you.
The Sek-rith bounces once and lands pointing away from you.
The Moon Sphere rolls a few inches away before comes to a stop with the top face depicting two crossed swords.

> exp mods

+4 Parry Ability

> roll bone

The Sek-rith tumbles end-over-end before coming to a rest pointing directly away from you.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting two crossed swords.

> exp mods

+7 Parry Ability

Test 6

> deal deck 3

You prepare to deal from your Tokka deck.
Envisioning the layout of the Lunar Circle in your mind, you briefly rest your hand over the place where each position in the spread will lie.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

R>
You turn over the first card without hesitation, dealing the Victorious Moneylender as the Thread.
R>
You pull the next card from your deck with complete confidence, revealing the Keep as the Path.
R>
You strongly turn over the last card, dealing the Artificer as the Terminus.
The Artificer brightens for a moment, as if somehow lit from behind.
You collect the cards and slide them cautiously back into your Tokka deck.

> exp mods

+17 Arcana

> deal deck 3

You prepare to deal from your Tokka deck.
Envisioning the layout of the Lunar Circle in your mind, you briefly rest your hand over the place where each position in the spread will lie.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

R>
You smoothly draw the first card from your deck, playing the Vulture(Def2 Sur2) as the Thread, but it is inverted!
R>
You strongly turn over the next card, revealing the Living Statue as the Path.
R>
You draw the last card, playing the Artificer as the Terminus.
The Artificer darkens for a moment, as though a shadow had passed over it.
You collect the cards and slide them cautiously back into your Tokka deck.

> exp mods

>

+3 Arcana
Re: Bugs In My Bowl 09/25/2019 07:51 PM CDT
> Okay, it looks like Destiny Cipher is the culprit

That was excellent work, LCAMP2, thank you for that. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I haven't fully trusted Destiny Cipher for a long time. Hopefully that will change.

Having said that, I really am delighted that bowls were released and the first two bugs I found (polarity light and static sigils) squished. This third bug is the only other one I'm aware of, so from here on out everything should be smooth sailing :)

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 01/12/2020 10:36 PM CST
It looks like there's another bug lurking in all our bowls. Lunar Magic and Sorcery seem to be sharing Owl and Katamba as their sigils. I restructured the skill and sigil tables under divination bowls on epedia, but I'll hold off on adding additional information until I can go over my prediction results more closely.

+86 Brigandine
+69 Heavy Thrown
--99 Melee Mastery
--135 Athletics
--183 Perception

> [tool]: gaze my starstone bowl
You dip your fingers slowly into the steamy water and raise them above the bowl.
As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the white light of the Owl and Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.
R>
R> [tool]: exp mods

+86 Brigandine
+69 Heavy Thrown
--99 Melee Mastery
+266 Lunar Magic
--135 Athletics
--183 Perception

+76 Large Edged
+77 Small Blunt
+107 Evasion
+189 Perception

> [tool]: gaze my starstone bowl
You dip your fingers gingerly into the steamy water and raise them above the bowl.
The ripples form their complex pattern for some time before finally leaving the water as still as it began.
As you gaze into the water, it becomes illuminated by the red light of the Owl and Katamba as their carvings glow steadily along the bowl's edge.
R>
R>
R> [tool]: exp mods

+76 Large Edged
+77 Small Blunt
--155 Sorcery
+107 Evasion
+189 Perception

~ Vanxa

Re: Bugs In My Bowl 01/26/2020 07:40 PM CST
This post is for anyone interested in working a divination tool. Aaoskar and others told us the old Destiny Cipher bug had been squashed, so even though I was still a little bit suspicious of the spell, I went ahead and used it anyway while working my bowl from HE. But they were right. It took far fewer predictions to cap my bowl than had my bones. For bonding likelihood purposes, the spell is spectacular. Thanks again, Raesh, and whatever current GMs lended a hand.

However, I did find some run-on phrases in the second sentence of double bondings. A couple of examples:

>The shadows along the inner rim of the starstone bowl bubble and stew, as the bowl assaults the planar boundary. As the event subsides, the level of water has risen within fewer debris appear in the water.

>The shadows along the inner rim of the starstone bowl bubble and stew, as the bowl assaults the planar boundary. As the event subsides, the water's motion has subdued fewer debris appear in the water.

NOTE: I never got anything higher than a double bonding, so I can't speak to more complex results. Also, the bonding messages have other grammatical issues, but the only one worth mentioning is that fewer should be less.

~ Vanxa