A Guildfest Prediction... 08/09/2019 03:49 PM CDT
In preparation for Guildfest, our first new release has arrived! Tokka decks and divination bowls will work once again!

The next time you interact with one of these prediction tools in game, existing Tokka decks and divination bowls will convert to the new system.

As you know from them not working for so long, the old and new systems were incompatible. As a result, all converted tools in game will have their qualities set as if they were purchased from a standard sect shop. The tools sold at The Essential Sects Shop or future festival shops will have slightly enhanced physical qualities should you choose to purchase one there.

If you run into any issues BUG ITEM is the best way to report them!

My thanks goes out to GM Javac and GM Zadraes for their help with QC'ing.

-GM Ynami
Re: A Guildfest Prediction... 08/09/2019 06:13 PM CDT

Great news for moon mages! Thanks for the surprise.
Re: A Guildfest Prediction... 08/09/2019 07:25 PM CDT
This is spectacular news, and I am grateful to anyone who played a part. Thank you all.

>The tools sold at The Essential Sects Shop or future festival shops will have slightly enhanced physical qualities should you choose to purchase one there.

I do have a question. Could you expand on "slightly enhanced"? I think the ones in the Essential Sects Shop would fit that description, but the ones in Future Is Now from HE are significantly better. They've not been sold for many years now, but will they again? Perhaps at the upcoming HE?

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: A Guildfest Prediction... 08/10/2019 10:09 PM CDT
"Slightly enhanced" indicates their physical qualities are better than a standard prediction tool--enough that you'll be able to see a difference on ANALYZE. This would be the best way to compare what is being sold to a similar tool from any other source.

I'm also certain there will be other sources of prediction tools, but do not have any details to share at this time.

-GM Ynami
Re: A Guildfest Prediction... 08/11/2019 12:29 AM CDT
http://i.imgur.com/WKiNp5o.gif

Thank you! I love them!
Guildfest prediction 08/09/2019 10:44 PM CDT
I haven't even played with these yet, but thank you very much for putting them back in. I'm already running for coin to make sure I collect what I can get.

That said, on the conversion, is there any way to reach out about certain old tokka sets that were far and away better than sect shop and see if conversion can be a bit better? I have an old set of clockwork tokka cards untouched in my vault that's about 5 years old, and exceptionally expensive and limited at the time...it'd be cool if they converted to a bit better than sect shop default. If not, happy trade just to have them usable again, so thanks!

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Guildfest prediction 08/10/2019 12:51 AM CDT
Also, I couldn’t get the deck I bought to actually deal. Old “align skill, shuffle deck, cut deck, deal deck {3-6}” won’t work. It just says to deal deck 3-6 over and over. Tried to assist but figured I’d post too in case I’m just dumb on new syntax.

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Guildfest prediction 08/10/2019 02:16 AM CDT
I haven't had any issues with mine. You have to SHUFFLE DECK, CUT DECK, then DEAL DECK #. The first time you use it, you don't need to shuffle it. Did you INVOKE it first to bond it to yourself?

> align lore
You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on a random lore skill.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R> shuffle my deck
You cautiously spread the deck out before you, sliding the cards around and thoroughly mixing them before carefully collecting them into a pile again.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> cut deck
You cut the deck for yourself, removing roughly half the cards and placing the remainder on top of them.
> deal deck 6

You prepare to deal from your Tokka deck.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Envisioning the layout of the Scryer's Arch in your mind, you briefly rest your hand over the place where each position in the spread will lie.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>

etc..
Re: Guildfest prediction 08/10/2019 10:58 PM CDT
I will share that all prediction tools in the old system had the exact same physical qualities. Essentially, all existing tools converting to the same physical qualities is intended.

"Better" tools were simply better bonded with their Moon Mage. Due to tool breakage, tools sold in sect shops would break before they reached the bond level of other tools from special sources that started with a higher bond. Now in the new system where prediction tools do not break, that difference can be overcome with time invested.

Both the physical qualities, and any bond with its Moon Mage, are handled in the conversion.

-GM Ynami