The Albino Lion. Chadatru/Rutilor, Tenemlor, or both? 09/03/2018 01:45 AM CDT

>You see a massive chunk of marble shot with spiraling veins of silvery, mirror-like material. A chain tethering a mighty albino lion is affixed to the marble. The lion bears the scars of countless battles, and though it is old, missing a chunk of ear, and paces with a limp, its flanks ripple with muscle and its claws dig into the soft dirt. The lion gnaws at the dark metal chain, but cannot so much as dent the links. Suddenly, billowing shadow gathers and coalesces into a thing with too many eyes and an unhinged jaw bearing row upon row of jagged fangs. The thing howls a challenge as it advances upon the lion, and the lion gives a low roar. As the thing leaps in attack, claw and tooth meet shadow and maw. When the battle is finished, blood and smoke soak into the dirt, and the thing evaporates into ash. The lion limps over to the marble chunk where it lays on the ground wearily as it begins licking fresh wounds, rattling the chain, and the vision fades.

>You see a grove of twelve enormous trees, growing in a semi-circle. Their branches reach high into the sky, the stars themselves twinkling within their embrace, bearing leaves of every color you can fathom. A lumberjack approaches, bearing a simple but sharp axe. From behind one of the trees, an ancient and scarred albino lion charges, issuing a deep and resonating growl that causes the very air to vibrate. The lumberjack swings his axe wildly, burying it in the lion's chest, but not before the lion rakes its claws across the lumberjack's face, spraying his blood upon the ground.
Blood dripping from his face, the lumberjack savagely twists the axe free, and with a grimace, spits on the corpse of the lion. Swearing under his breath, the lumberjack turns and leaves the grove. The body of the lion decays rapidly, and far above, radiant blossoms bloom over the tree branches.

I noticed these interesting predictions come out in the past couple days and I attempted to read into.

If we consider the 12 Trees standing as representative of 12 of the Immortals, we can consider the Lion as an aspect of Chadatru. His light aspect is Rutilor, know as "the defender of the gods." Of a religious standpoint one might consider that it is only man who truly has the power to destroy the gods as his faith and belief help fuel them? So said, man has the power to destroy the gods, but the pious keep faith alive even at grave injury, including death. Thus dieing in service of the immortals is rejoiced, as they will quickly revive the bodies of those who have their favor. More so, defense of the immortals is necessary so that their blessings can be given to those who would fight against Necromancery.

From the Prydaen standpoint, Tenemlor, who is a part of the Eu-Demriss-Tenemlor Triquetra, is a White Prydaen known as the ruler of the Afterlife and Guardian of the Blessed, defending the dead from necromancers and others who would disturb their rest. The Eu part IS the embodiment of Nature or the natural world, which can also be represented as the natural order of things. An attack on the immortals would cause an imbalance in Nature and thus Eu-Tenemlor-Demriss would try to defend the natural balance. While in the Triquetra it is mentioned that Tenemlor has taken the form of a White Tiger, it wouldn't be impossible to imagine taking the form of a White Lion (cuz cats).

We can also consider that it is representative of BOTH of them defending the natural order of things. With this thought, I could imagine it being both Chadatru and Tenemlor being chained to this service of keeping balance, as they are chained to the massive chunk of marble with silvery mirror-like veins (which makes me think of the marble censors Clerics use and Silversteel which often finds itself in permanently blessed weaponry). As Chadatru is representative of Paladins and Tenemlor naturally defends against Necromancers, it is natural that it/them/they would be the frontline dieties against the assault of dark forces wreathed in shadows, with the too-many-eyes monster representing a great force or number of people who support or give power to this dark entity.

I am reminded of this Paladin affiliated vision

>Your vision wavers briefly, and for a moment you find yourself in an endless sea of blackness. Not far away, a single man clad in gleaming plate armor fights desperately against hordes of twisted humanoids.
As the vision fades, you hear a desperate voice call out, "Are there none who remember? I cannot continue this battle alone!"

This vision makes me focus on how the Lion attempts to break the chain but has no power to do so, for to leave the post would be to allow the darkness and shadows to overcome, so to be trapped their as the guardian is its fate, even though it suffers with every battle.

Immortals can fight against and help mortals fight against the affects of Necromancy as their power is divine, however mans betrayal is an affront to the Natural order of things, ergo the weakness of mortals is a more powerful threat than necromancy by itself, as it is man who chooses to either pray to the gods or defile their will.

That's my thoughts on it.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.