Future Is Now 05/26/2018 09:55 PM CDT
I was planning on eventually getting one of the festie mirrors, so I went to read about them on Elanthipedia. Has it really been 4 years since the top-quality divination tools have been for sale at Future Is Now during HE? I've been in and out of the game, so I guess I lost track of time.

It looks like the sect shop tools are a little better than the worst quality, but has anyone been able to cap one? The posts indicating Destiny Cipher might not be working are worrisome, especially without access to the best tools.

If anyone would be willing to share, I was wondering when was the last time anyone capped a non-festie tool? What quality tool was it?

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Future Is Now 05/26/2018 11:31 PM CDT
The most recent tools released were Su Helmas end loot, and are said to be better than the 5k tools from Future is Now.
Re: Future Is Now 05/27/2018 12:59 AM CDT
Yes, it's really been that long. As I figure it, the shop belonged to Raesh, and one year his shops mysteriously disappeared from HE, possibly due to some kind of maintenance thing? Now that he's gone the chances of them coming back are even slimmer I'm afraid. :(

I have heard of people capping the nomlas tools, which still float around some. I generally raffle one off at my yearly raffle and I have a few left in the stockpile. I highly doubt you will cap a sect tool.

There are also occasionally high quality tools offered at auctions.

Not the best news, I know. I'm sorry. :(

- Navesi
Re: Future Is Now 05/27/2018 01:45 AM CDT
>The most recent tools released were Su Helmas end loot, and are said to be better than the 5k tools from Future is Now.

Thank you for that, but I'm curious about how easily always-available tools can be capped. If the only cappable tools are from a fest shop discontinued years ago or a pay quest nearly two years ago (unless I'm misreading it), then that's not good. I'm still hoping someone has some good results with that tools that are readily available.

This Destiny Cipher thing does look like a problem though. I went back and reread the posts on this. ILLIENA noted that Raesh expected mundane tools to be viable:

>Consider that Raesh said it should be relatively certain to cap a store-bought tool with all precautions, and the advantage of higher-end tools would be doing it faster and with less need to take all precautions, and we both used higher-end mirrors, I also feel like something's wrong here.

>When I capped my nomlas bones, I didn't have any trouble, and this was before the release of DC. I wonder if DC has a sign error and is hurting rather than helping.

I also capped my 5K bones fairly easily without Destiny Cipher, and when I was finished my bones still had good quality:

>analyze bones
You turn your bones about, carefully evaluating the craftsmanship.

The Krr-tich is fairly well-balanced. (7/10)
The Sek-rith is balanced. (6/10)
The symbols on the Moon Sphere are muddied though the weighting of the bone is fair. (5/10)
The lacquer smoothly and evenly coats the Sun Disk, which is adequately balanced. (7/10)

I don't remember when I started working them. It might have been before I capped Astrology, but Raesh always said tool condition, pool fullness, and charisma were what affected bonding, so I don't think Astrology has anything to do with it. My charisma was probably around 70-80ish at the time, but Raesh said charisma was a minor factor, so a Moon Mage doesn't need to be high circle to cap a tool.

The results we're seeing do seem to indicate Destiny Cipher needs to be debugged. I was going to choose it to test out a lower quality mirror, but there doesn't seem to be much point to that now.

~ Vanxa

Re: Future Is Now 05/27/2018 01:47 AM CDT
>I highly doubt you will cap a sect tool.

>Not the best news, I know. I'm sorry. :(

I have to agree with you.

So for what it's worth, since cappable tools are so hard to come by we can safely say that for most Moon Mages, capping a sect tool is pretty much dead.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

~ Vanxa

Re: Future Is Now 05/27/2018 04:52 PM CDT
I want to see how a current sect shop tool compares to some old warcat bones I worked years ago. If anyone would be able to get me a sect shop mirror, I'd be happy to reimburse you. No, I don't expect to cap it :)

Elathipedia says it looks like this:

polished obsidian mirror with a carved ebony frame resembling writhing shadows

~ Vanxa

Re: Future Is Now 05/27/2018 07:36 PM CDT
Thank you again for the mirror, Malhath.

~ Vanxa

Re: Future Is Now 05/28/2018 10:16 PM CDT
I have had more problems capping a mirror than the other tools. In fact, I failed with the best mirror in the game. However, I was using destiny cipher with that tool. So I am now trying with another top end mirror without destiny cipher.