DC not working 09/26/2017 05:08 PM CDT
I recently decided to bond up a mirror, so that I wouldn't be taking the wrong-sect penalty that comes with my bones. TL;DR is that I don't see any evidence that DC is helping.

When I was bonding my bones, I had ~60 Charisma and ~1000 Astro. Now I have 67 Charisma and ~1100 Astro, so that should only help. When I was bonding my bones, I didn't have DC. Now I make every prediction with a capped DC up. Every prediction is made with a full pool.

The bones and mirror are both nomlas tools from the HE event a few years ago, so they should be comparable in starting physical qualities. Here's the initial analyze of each.

Mirror:
The glass is exceptionally clear.
The surface of the mirror is flat and unscratched.
The mirror's frame has good integrity.
The reflective coating is smoothly spread across the glass, resulting in a limpid image.
The mirror is brand new.
It appears to have never seen use.
The overall craftsmanship is very good and the mirror should prove resistant to damage.

Bones:
The Krr-tich is well-balanced.
The Sek-rith is well-balanced.
The symbols on the Moon Sphere are well detailed and the weighting of the bone is fair.
The lacquer smoothly and evenly coats the Sun Disk, which is well-balanced.
The bones are brand new.
They appear to have never seen use.
The overall craftsmanship is very good and the bones should prove resistant to damage.

Here I've compared the first 1000 predictions made with each tool:
Bones Mirror
Improvements:107102
Damages:6769

Number of predictions to fully bond
Bones: 1532
Mirror: 1638 and I'm still not there.
Re: DC not working 10/01/2017 08:19 PM CDT
I admit that I don't see DC doing much, however, I will also say that working my divination mirror seems to be much harder than all my other divination tools. I have been working with a heptagonal khor'vela and goldwood mirror and I just bought a second one because I'm not sure if I will be able to cap it.
Re: DC not working 10/02/2017 01:03 AM CDT
> I have been working with a heptagonal khor'vela and goldwood mirror and I just bought a second one because I'm not sure if I will be able to cap it.

Hmm, maybe it's just a mirror bug. At 2000+ predictions, I'm only 1 bond away from capping, but all my physical properties are bottomed out. I don't think I'll ever get that last one.