Do all Divination Tools not work? 04/11/2017 07:47 AM CDT
Okay, so I'm fairly new....forgive me if these are stupid questions, but I have been unable to find answers thus far.

I recently chose the Fortune's Path as my Sect and purchased a Tokka Deck. Unfortunately, when I try to interact with it, I get this message:

"[This type of prediction tool has been disabled for the 3.0 conversion. Apologies for the inconvenience, it will function once the update is complete.]"

Are Divination Tools disabled for all sects?

Is utilizing a Divination Tool worth the effort? Do they teach well?

Obviously, I can't change sects....so I guess I'm hoping these tools don't work for any of the sects, instead of the one I have chosen.

Missah
Re: Do all Divination Tools not work? 04/11/2017 11:49 AM CDT
Have you read the Prediction page on elanthipedia?

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Prediction

>Are Divination Tools disabled for all sects?

Charts, mirrors, bones, prisms have all been updated for 3.0 and usable by any sect. Divination bowls and tokka cards (decks) haven't been updated for 3.0 yet. It's an exhaustive process to write the messaging for tools; especially in the case of tokka cards so it might be years before we see tokka working again. Short answer, you can use any other divination tool (just not bowls or cards), no matter what sect you belong to. And yes it sucks because if 3.x tokka end up even half as cool as 2.0 tokka they'll still be the coolest tool of them all.

There's also a ritual spell called Destiny Cipher that'll alleviate the sect/tool penalty but it's not necessary to utilize any of the divination tools.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Destiny_Cipher

>Is utilizing a Divination Tool worth the effort? Do they teach well?

You won't gain any more experience from making predictions using a tool than making predictions via visions (tool-less). However using a tool allows you to avoid the bat munching your skill and emptying your prediction pools.

For accuracy in predictions you need a strong bond with your divination tool which takes time and effort (and only making full pool predictions when using your divination tool) but in general, use a tool.
Re: Do all Divination Tools not work? 04/11/2017 06:36 PM CDT
Thank you so much for the information.

I sure have a lot to learn.

Missah
Re: Do all Divination Tools not work? 04/13/2017 12:54 AM CDT
I think we're all down for sharing knowledge and introducing new moon mages to the system. Heck, I haven't even learned how to astral travel yet or enchanting -- simply out of laziness / lack of a mentor (though I could try harder)

Hssanh