Prediction Strength 02/15/2017 02:43 PM CST
Heyo,

Now that sphere of influences are no longer in the game, predictions lose a bit of their advantage since bypassing SOI no longer matters.
If any spell can hit 20% cap on any skill/stat, and a prediction can also hit 20% cap, (but takes a massive commitment), does this seem right?

Has anyone considered buffing predictions back to 30% global cap?

Thanks!
Re: Prediction Strength 02/15/2017 04:00 PM CST
Prediction is still the only ability in the game that can buff any skill. Unless I'm mistaken, you're getting much more potent buffs at lower levels.

Aside from those reasons, it's not mechanically possible. A 30% buff to a capped skill would result in overflow errors, which is why we have the global cap in the first place. It's not global if there are exceptions.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Prediction Strength 02/15/2017 08:02 PM CST
I know a lot of people don't think our predictions are good, but I really believe that the prediction system is one of the best abilities in the game now that they added read the ripples and destiny cypher. Of course, this is dependent upon you getting a capped tool OR throwing your tools away and just using destiny cypher.
Re: Prediction Strength 02/15/2017 08:40 PM CST
>>I know a lot of people don't think our predictions are good, but I really believe that the prediction system is one of the best abilities in the game

I concur. There's literally no other guild skill that does more -- but even if every guild skill were fully fleshed out, I still think predictions would be solidly at or near the top. The ability to instantly buff any skill, up to 5 if you do them from the different categories, is pretty amazing. You can even get up to 6 if you get a luckstone.

>>now that they added read the ripples and destiny cypher.

Yes, these are amazing. Don't forget about ALIGN TRANSMOGRIFY, which is a wonderful late-game addition to your power.

- Navesi
Re: Prediction Strength 02/16/2017 12:12 AM CST
I've long been a defender of the thought that the prediction system is way more powerful than many people give it credit for... and that was before many of the updates and buffs it's gotten.

-Raesh

"Sometimes, I worry that I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am..." - Mistborn
Re: Prediction Strength 02/16/2017 12:22 AM CST
Frankly, at the upper cap Predictions are probably too powerful and could use a hearty nerfing, especially when you compare it to stuff like Bardic lore. Even "decent" other guild abilities like Expertise or Theurgy don't compare.
Re: Prediction Strength 02/21/2017 11:49 AM CST
I definitely see what you guys are saying. Read the Ripples is a new spell I haven't gotten to play around with and it looks pretty fantastic. (Although more reason to not use teleo makes me a sad panda.) I've just always found that if i needed a prediction, I had a spell that already covered that skill. (Especially with sorcery.) Or there was a secondary skill you needed, e.g. evasion+shield, or evasion+parry.

But it sounds like I need to give the new systems a spin.

Thanks for the info!
Re: Prediction Strength 02/21/2017 04:57 PM CST
>>I've just always found that if i needed a prediction, I had a spell that already covered that skill.

Sorcery helps, but even then you can only get two spells (well, unless you're going crazy with Unleash). I often use predictions for various lower weapons, Parry, Shield, TM, and when I was trying for the Grazhir shards I'd use it for Scholarship and Arcana. I could see myself using it for crafting someday too. The versatility is unbeatable.

- Navesi