Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 09/04/2018 01:01 PM CDT
>Lastly, Sever Thread has not been forgotten but its changes have not been finalized yet. Let us know what you'd like to see for that spell!

My thoughts on this may be ill-informed as I haven't had much experience with it in 3.0. I seem to remember that before you can succeed with Sever Thread you pretty much have to completely outclass someone in stats, and post 3.0 with Debilitation skill in the mix I imagine its only harder, such that one'd ask why not just MB for immediate effect?

Since Sever Thread requires an additional step but at much greater risk (and possibly long-lasting penalties) I'd like to see the requirements for winning the stat contest lessened. So here are some of my suggestions:

1) Make the stat contest substantially easier to succeed.
2) Add a minimum timer, say 30 seconds, before you can trigger the sever. Reduced with higher Teleologic corruption, perhaps?
3) Free Seer's sense/locate to the one you're connected to if it isn't already the case (not convenient for me to test/verify right now), or something similar.
4) Longer duration the greater level of Teleologic corruption you have?
Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 09/04/2018 01:48 PM CDT
We don't have to keep Sever Thread as a disabler. I'm fond of the long-distance aspect, though, if we can make it useful in some way.

>>Make the stat contest substantially easier to succeed.

There haven't been any spell-specific weighted contests in a long time. SeT should be just as easy to succeed as MB.

GM Grejuva
Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 11/09/2018 05:47 AM CST
I think the long distance aspect is pointless. Make it work like pain enhancer but with the flavor being their good luck being severed maybe.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 11/09/2018 08:12 AM CST
Or instead of pain enhancer it could become a spirit damager tm

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 11/09/2018 11:44 AM CST
>>Or instead of pain enhancer it could become a spirit damager tm

That's the direction we have in mind.

GM Grejuva
Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 11/09/2018 03:19 PM CST
This is a very interesting change in direction for teleologic sorcery. I think, to this point, it has been a relatively easy decision as to whether one should use teleologic sorcery. I would wager that 99% of moon mages don't use it. I'm glad that we're re-examining it and possibly taking it in a different direction.
Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 11/22/2018 06:48 PM CST
>>That's the direction we have in mind.

That sounds amazing. Perhaps instead of the long distance feature, it could still be pre-cast to give held uses. Sort of like it works now combined with Blufmor Garaen, but doing spirit/cold damage.

Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 12/20/2018 06:00 PM CST

imho I LOVE spells with long distance stuff. keep sever thread with long distance bits please!
Re: Teleologic Sorcery Updates 12/23/2018 05:53 AM CST
>>imho I LOVE spells with long distance stuff. keep sever thread with long distance bits please!

IMHO we need a Teleo TM spell a lot more than an esoteric spell that most will not find use for which is what the spell currently is. I personally think it would benefit more members of the guild as a spirit TM especially if it were pre cast and had charges.

Perhaps a middle ground would be that it was pre cast on the target at which point you could invoke it for a set duration of time even if the target had fled away. This would give you the option to use it in a clutch moment during a battle and also keep the flavor of being able to affect targets that are not in the same room as you.