Test Changes 03/30/2016 11:13 PM CDT
So, this is a big change and I wish I were able to put more serious time into testing it. I did the best that I could tonight in the ~70 minutes of nighttime I had in Test, and I was NOT able to compare to Prime because of the daytime issue. Please keep that in mind.

Relevant skills/stats:
Attunement 1025, TM 623, Debil 530
Int 59, Wis 59, Disc 69

Mind Shout
This change is amazing, just what I was hoping for. Good effect, no fuss, and teaches well! A+.

Mental Blast
Seems great, mana level looks good.

Mana Usage
Everyday PVE mana usage seemed fine. I decided to push my limits of mana usage to see what I could pull off in clutch situations like PVP or invasions. I put up SLS at 24 mana (my Discern level), cast Spider, with Moonlight Manipulation at 16.

I started off testing with NO buffs to Attunement. No Deep Attunement, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, AUS, or Shadowling. In this state, I was able to keep up JUST SLS for ~13 minutes. I didn't test with adding in TM spells, but I suspect these would have depleted me rather quickly when layered on top. This part needs more testing.

With Deep Attunement, AUS, and Shadowling all up, I regenned faster than I was using. I pushed it at this point and added in some casts of TKS and MB. If I stuck to min prep TKS (25), it looked like I could keep going for a pretty long while, but upping to 50 mana casts, it seemed like I might run out in ~8 min.

I dropped AUS just to see what would happen -- so just Deep Attunement and Shadowling. This made me drop attunement noticeably faster.

Overall, the mana management felt doable for me personally, a fairly highly-skilled caster, though maybe a little on the difficult side. I guess I would like to be able to eke out a couple more minutes without having to stack on buffs -- but it was okay. I do expect buffs to be meaningful. I think I'd just like something like ~10 minutes without buffs and ~15-20 with, at my skill level. That would give me enough time to put up a good fight if caught unprepared, and feel like a supreme wizard if prepared. Then again, perhaps I could just lower the mana a little.

I would strongly recommend looking at lower level folks. Are they going to feel like they HAVE to stack all the Attunement buffs and have 1000+ skill in order to hold out for a decent time? Also, I would be very careful about mana levels of any future cyclics. If you introduce the "shadowy hellscape" cyclic and I have to keep it going at 40+ mana per pulse, that will probably make a significant difference.

- Navesi