Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 03/30/2016 08:10 AM CDT
Love the change to Mind Shout, its how I envisioned the spell. I also appreciate the nerve damage stacking, though, I hadn't tested it out due to not having another person around. One thing I was wondering is if we were going to get an armor piercing spell, or heavy TM? I thought I remembered from somewhere that TKS may become heavy TM but now I can't remember where I seen it.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 03/30/2016 10:47 AM CDT
<<Sovereign Destiny: Updated to remove invoked Shadowlings, Read the Ripples, Braun’s Conjecture, Destiny Cipher and observational pools.

That really has some bite now. I assume it removes a percentage of observation pools based on success, or is it an all or nothing deal?

<<Moonblade: May now be refreshed with mismatched moons at reduced effectiveness. Refreshing moonblades can now rebuild EMMO nodes.

Sweet bejeebus, I love you!
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 03/30/2016 10:58 AM CDT
>One thing I was wondering is if we were going to get an armor piercing spell, or heavy TM?

>Partial Displacement: Converted to armor piercing template. Increased to 2 slots.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 03/30/2016 11:00 AM CDT
>Partial Displacement: Converted to armor piercing template. Increased to 2 slots.

Oh, derp... It was early when I commented...
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 03/30/2016 11:45 AM CDT
TKS may become Heavy TM. Might not. I've got quite a few planned changes I'm not doing at this time just because I'm frantically trying to keep the scope of this project down. (Look at Warrior Mages for what happens when projects overlap unintentionally.)

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/01/2016 10:42 AM CDT
Sorry, not really a moon mage question...

>Mental Blast: Reduced to 3 slots. Dropped items now use the at feet slot. Nerve damage now stacks.

Cool. Does that apply to Warrior Mages' Tingle as well?
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/01/2016 10:48 AM CDT
The Easter Egg with DO has a typo:

Your flick your wrist,

Should be "You flick your wrist,"

Side note if Shadow Web ever gets off the ground you should do something similar.

~Tezirite Renzar Lorrani

"Power is merely a stepping stone to more power."
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/01/2016 10:58 PM CDT
>>TKS may become Heavy TM. Might not. I've got quite a few planned changes I'm not doing at this time just because I'm frantically trying to keep the scope of this project down. (Look at Warrior Mages for what happens when projects overlap unintentionally.)

What is Heavy TM?

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/01/2016 11:03 PM CDT
>>What is Heavy TM?

TM spells that do more than normal but have a cooldown. Blood Burst and some WM TM spell are turning into heavy TM.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/02/2016 09:58 AM CDT
I hope TKS does become heavy TM, I've always seen it as something that ought to work that way. And it would give TKT a reason to continue to be used after getting TKS.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/04/2016 03:43 PM CDT
I'd like to just see a new spell be our heavy TM if were getting one.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/16/2016 09:13 AM CDT
So, do we have a heavy TM spell in the works at the moment? Or is this not something that's gonna see the release date or shortly after?
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/16/2016 10:34 AM CDT
At this time Moon Mages are not planned to have a Heavy TM spell for the release of 3.2.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/18/2016 01:33 PM CDT
>>I hope TKS does become heavy TM, I've always seen it as something that ought to work that way. And it would give TKT a reason to continue to be used after getting TKS.

i would really rather we choose a different spell to become the heavy TM. i don't want my one and only AoE TM spell to have a cool down. Rather we make TKT become heavy TM since there are other options or single target spells that can be utilized.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/18/2016 06:42 PM CDT
<<i would really rather we choose a different spell to become the heavy TM. i don't want my one and only AoE TM spell to have a cool down. Rather we make TKT become heavy TM since there are other options or single target spells that can be utilized.

The last stated... plan? idea? that the GMs (Raesh only?) had for this was that TKS was going to become a single target heavy TM spell. Shadow Web would become the AoE damage spell that replaced it, with some added effect to the spell. E.g. damage + immobilize or something. Presumably, there's not a heavy TM planned for Moon Mages in 3.2 because Shadow Web is coming well after that update, and changing TKS now would leave us with no AoE damage ability.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/18/2016 07:07 PM CDT
>>Shadow Web would become the AoE damage spell that replaced it, with some added effect to the spell. E.g. damage + immobilize or something.

Can't wait til shadow web and CRS return. Without a charged, delayed or pulsing TM to use were left with our only flavor being TKS and Burn in the TM department. I'd like to see a TM spell in the book that was exciting and fun to use by being unique in some way, something besides basic TM with different messages and damage types to set them apart.

Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/18/2016 07:20 PM CDT
<<Without a charged, delayed or pulsing TM to use were left with our only flavor being TKS and Burn in the TM department.

SLS.
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 04/18/2016 08:48 PM CDT
>>SLS.

I forget about it because the night only requirement prevents it from seeing use when I need it.

Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 07/19/2016 12:22 AM CDT
The google doc mentions a change to Shift Moonbeam:

"Shift Moonbeam: Changed to utility skill for determining maximum shift distance when locating the target. Revamped distance calculations for directional shifting to conform to recent updates to teleportation spells."

1) What recent changes took place regarding teleportation spells?

2) Was the difficulty pushed up or down? (I'm hoping down!)
Re: [TEST] Moon Mage Spells 07/19/2016 12:59 AM CDT
<<1) What recent changes took place regarding teleportation spells?

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/thread/1770655?get_newest=true

<<2) Was the difficulty pushed up or down?

The same as the changes to other spells in the link. I.e. It's not so black and white as either up or down. Depending on where you fall it could be either.

You could also literally go test it to see the difference compared to what you get in prime right now.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators