Re: Renown scrolls 03/14/2013 07:56 AM CDT
Thanks!

-Artificer Nilassa

You notice Kssarh trying to remain hidden while speaking.
You hear the voice of Kssarh say, "Slackers."
Re: Renown scrolls 03/14/2013 08:31 AM CDT
Oh this is awesome. thanks raesh
Re: Renown scrolls 03/14/2013 08:42 AM CDT
Just for fun (while leaving a little mystery), here are the categories:

figuring out which end of the telescope is which
outstanding achievement in the field of excellence
the art of artifice
the pursuit of martial perfection
the study of all things
the study of things to come
understanding the way of the land and sky

-Artificer Nilassa

Re: Renown scrolls 03/14/2013 02:15 PM CDT
#Raesh is #win

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Renown scrolls 03/15/2013 12:48 PM CDT
Prediction counter

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: Renown scrolls 03/15/2013 12:51 PM CDT
So....

Astrology
Circle
Magical Devices
Weapon ranks / Defense / TM?
Total Ranks?
Prediction counter
Dunno?

Wolfegard quietly says, "I got hitched in a tree."
Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Wolfegard's pockets and carefully grab a gold wedding band.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: Renown scrolls 03/15/2013 05:34 PM CDT
Fun stuff! Thanks!
Aluriaz
Re: Renown scrolls 03/15/2013 05:44 PM CDT
if i were to guess, i would guess that the study of all things referred to scholarship.
Re: Renown scrolls 03/21/2013 01:37 AM CDT
So... what do all of our scrolls measure? For example, I have no idea what "understanding the ways of land and sky" means.

Empaths got an announcement like this:
>Now that X3 is safely out of the gate, I have released the final two renown scrolls that I mentioned in the initial Empath renown scroll release. One is in Haven (defensive combat) and one is in Ratha (magic).

Can we please get more detailed information also?

Thanks!
Aluriaz
Re: Renown scrolls 03/26/2013 11:18 PM CDT
So... anyone have a clue what "Understanding the ways of land and sky" means yet?

Thanks,
Aluriaz
Re: Renown scrolls 03/27/2013 01:14 AM CDT
Betting survival.
Re: Renown scrolls 03/27/2013 07:45 AM CDT
I don't think the "sky" part quite fits with Survival.

-Artificer Nilassa

Re: Renown scrolls 03/27/2013 02:35 PM CDT
>I don't think the "sky" part quite fits with Survival.

Perception.

You're going to get a bad reputation if you go around pinching every spectral reaper you see.
Re: Renown scrolls 03/27/2013 08:55 PM CDT
Hmmm... total survival ranks, or only particular skills in the skillset? Hmmm... well, I dunno. Okay, thanks!
Aluriaz
Re: Renown scrolls 04/03/2013 05:12 PM CDT
Figuring out which end of the telescope is which <> Astrology.

-Artificer Nilassa

Re: Renown scrolls 07/18/2015 01:13 AM CDT
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/391

>>I've added Renown Scrolls to each of the guilds, plus a bonus one in Throne City for Moon Mages.

>>I'll leave what they measure as an exercise for the reader at this time.

>>Thanks to Melete for the quick QC.

>>-Raesh

Some players are more confident about what some of the moon mage scrolls mean, but others still disagree on a few. The way the release post was phrased it sounds like at some point we would be given the exact information on what skills or stats each scroll tracks. It's been well over two years now. I was wondering if that was enough time?
Re: Renown scrolls 07/18/2015 02:46 PM CDT
And on a related note, will we ever get the volcano guild scroll back?

- Navesi
Re: Renown scrolls 07/18/2015 03:00 PM CDT
>>And on a related note, will we ever get the volcano guild scroll back?

Hmm. It's likely.

That's going to be more of an event driven decision than anything else. The good news for Moon Mage events is that one of our newly cleared GMs is very excited about getting them started up again.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Renown scrolls 07/20/2015 01:16 AM CDT
Crossing = Perception, Scholar, Astro
Riverhaven = Total Lore
Throne City = Circle
Shard = Arcana, Enchanting
Taisgath = Predictions (some of you are frightening...)
Trabe Plateau = Total Survival

Tiv was an assortment of combat skills but... alas.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Renown scrolls 07/20/2015 01:34 AM CDT
Thank you, Raesh.

I knew this one wasn't pure Astrology and was one of the main reasons I asked:

>Crossing = Perception, Scholar, Astro
Re: Renown scrolls 07/21/2015 12:40 PM CDT
Thanks for finally letting us know, Raesh! These things have been confusing!
Aluriaz

PS I have a feeling the Taisgath scroll isn't tracking predictions made with tools. I could be wrong, but it would help explain why I'm so far down the list every time I check. Just about all of my predictions since January of 2013 until June of 2015 were done working up bonds with tools.
Re: Renown scrolls 07/21/2015 01:12 PM CDT
>>Just about all of my predictions since January of 2013 until June of 2015 were done working up bonds with tools.

This use true under the old system. It is not under the new system (Visions and tools are not separate systems anymore).

I peaked at the numbers the other day and some of the people at the top were staggering. I suspect they're doing a lot of small pool predictions.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Renown scrolls 07/21/2015 02:02 PM CDT
Ahhh, okies! Good to know for sure predictions using tools are counting for the reknown scroll. Thanks again!
Aluriaz
Re: Renown scrolls 07/21/2015 06:37 PM CDT
>I peaked at the numbers the other day and some of the people at the top were staggering.

I hope there's rollover protection for the top people :)
Re: Renown scrolls 07/22/2015 06:34 PM CDT
Would really like to see Tiv's scroll show back up, armor/weapons.
Re: Renown scrolls 08/12/2015 07:41 AM CDT
>I suspect they're doing a lot of small pool predictions.

It is from what I've seen. It's become THE quickest way to lock up your astrology. They don't care of they get stunned or not. Just mass predict, over and over.
Re: Renown scrolls 08/12/2015 08:08 PM CDT

>> It is from what I've seen. It's become THE quickest way to lock up your astrology. They don't care of they get stunned or not. Just mass predict, over and over.

It's not the quickest per say. It's the fastest from zero, but once you have some exp, and/or full pools, full mind pools teach just as much, if not more, then small pools. If you count the RT from only predicting once versus 30ish times, and eliminating the many predict analyzes, full pools come out quite nicely in terms of time spent. Also, full pools give a substantially larger chance to bond with your tools.

Also, there is no stun on tool predictions.

If you log out of the game full with a full prediction pool, then when you login and predict, that eliminates the acceleration bonus of small mind pools. I would say full prediction pools are 100% the way to go, just most people haven't quite figured it out yet since its a big change from 2.0.

I should also point out it gets easier as you unlock more celestial bodies which give better pool sizes on observe.
Re: Renown scrolls 08/14/2015 04:54 AM CDT
>I would say full prediction pools are 100% the way to go, just most people haven't quite figured it out yet since its a big change from 2.0.

In my own experiences, I'm able to lock my Astrology with two Predictions. But I only PREDICT or use a tool when all my pools are full. The drawback I incur is the time it takes between full pools.

My observations of those performing small pool predictions was only based on what I saw from quite a few in our guild. It's wrong to assume, but I figured they must know what they're doing...so many using the same technique.

I always figured I was practicing the hard way. I do hope what you say is true.