Astrologist or Astrologer? 04/17/2018 02:35 AM CDT
Something I've wondered about is while we have the title Astronomer, for some reason we have Astrologist instead of Astrologer. Both are correct, but from the quick reading I did online it seems Astrologer is much preferred by people who engage in it RL.

I don't want to take away Astrologist from players who like it, so maybe Astrologer could be made a higher title? Titles like Merchant Queen/King and Assassin Queen/King sound impressive. Maybe we could do a similar format for Astrologer or Astrology? I've always thought that each guild should have titles based on their guild-only skill that scale all the way to the cap. In that case, I'm not quite sure what could be done with Merchant/Assassin Queen/King since they don't do that but definitely sound like they should.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Astrologist or Astrologer? 04/20/2018 09:28 PM CDT
I definitely like the idea of adding titles based off of our guild only skill. I like the idea of Astrologer being added, but neither Astrologist or Astrologer compare to the awesomeness of Merchant King or Assassin queen. I'm not sure what we would need to spice up the titles associated with astrology, but i agree we need to.
Re: Astrologist or Astrologer? 04/21/2018 05:28 AM CDT
They would definitely need to be spruced up a bit.

I cross-posted my earlier post in the Abilities, Skills and Magic folder with this added thought:

>>Since we have Novice through Legend already, perhaps we could give each guild two guild-only skill titles--one at 1500 ranks and a final one at 1750.

This could lead to all guilds using the same two words for their guild-only skills at those ranks, although it is hard to imagine something better than Queen/King. Empress/Emperor or Goddess/God come to mind but might be considered a bit much. I remember Talian had Lunar God under his forum avatar. I do like Backstabbing Queen though. It just has a certain Mean Girls ring to it. Borrowing from Lord of Lyrics, Lord/Lady of <insert guild-only skill here> is a little underwhelming but might work. Or possibly the Queen/King thing can be reversed: Queen of Backstabbing, King of Theurgy for example. But they feel a little recycled.

As for Moon Mages, I went back and reread Caelumia's treatise on beginning Astrology, and these two words jumped out at me. Attaching them to the word Astrologer, we get a couple of possibilities:

1500 - Heavenly Astrologer
1750 - Divine Astrologer (in the sense of divination)

Those two words wouldn't really lend themselves to other guild-only skills though. Such diverse skills as Scouting, Empathy, Trading, Expertise, Backstab, etc would take some thought.

Other possible attachable words:

Cosmic
Zodiac
Planet, Moon, Star
Prime
Magnus

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.