Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 01:18 AM CST
Just thought I would throw out this idea again to see if we could get titles based off of who we get our circles from. So maybe 15 consecutive circles, you can get disciple of lomtaum.....but maybe let anyone choose any of the disciple titles after 150th circle. that way we are covering the people with whom it is nearly impossible to circle with. I say this since I've gotten every circle through Lomtaum.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 09:38 AM CST
I really like this.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 09:41 AM CST
I would like this also. But, I'd like to be able to circle from Tiv again, as he was always my moon mage's mentor.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:04 AM CST

>>Just thought I would throw out this idea again to see if we could get titles based off of who we get our circles from. So maybe 15 consecutive circles, you can get disciple of lomtaum.....but maybe let anyone choose any of the disciple titles after 150th circle. that way we are covering the people with whom it is nearly impossible to circle with. I say this since I've gotten every circle through Lomtaum.

If there isn't a system in place to track who you have circled with then I imagine it wouldn't be terribly hard to do. Not only is it great for adding another layer of character development its just a neat original idea in general that I'd like to see developed and explored. Perhaps not only titles could be guild leader specific but perhaps also the spells they teach as well. This will add more value in getting out and exploring the guilds many varied locals and encourage travel, something our guild is undoubtedly good at.

>>I would like this also. But, I'd like to be able to circle from Tiv again, as he was always my moon mage's mentor.

This.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:22 AM CST
Nothing tracks this information and adding it would be slightly less trivial than you think (Read; It would involve the support of on site staff.)

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:40 AM CST
well, maybe put it on the very bottom of your already overloaded list of future possibilities? maybe just the titles and add some requirements.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:42 AM CST
with emphasis on the very bottom of the list. you're already doing so much and we appreciate all of it.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:46 AM CST
As much as I loath the title system it wouldn't be hard to add some additional titles along these lines, possibly with thematic requirements instead of who you've circled with. That wouldn't need on site involvement. Is that something people would be interested in?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 11:57 AM CST
I think it would actually be even cooler to have a guildleader disciple title that reflects being good at something that guildleader cares about. I might want a couple tiers in that case, though even just two tiers means like tweleve titles.

Is it possible to add a new title category? Or make it an affition title? (Of Kssarh's observatory, of Gylwyn's spire)

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 12:02 PM CST
Yes, I like this idea and would be interested in titles like these!
Aluriaz
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 12:16 PM CST
i like the idea because it gives more background for your character and it also helps further emphasize how splintered the moonmage guild is/was.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 01:15 PM CST
>>I think it would actually be even cooler to have a guildleader disciple title that reflects being good at something that guildleader cares about.

Disciple of Kssarh: 400 Heavy Thrown (for tossing people out the window), under 40 Charisma.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 08:24 PM CST
>>Disciple of Kssarh: 400 Heavy Thrown (for tossing people out the window)

Pfft. TKT.

- Navesi
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 08:30 PM CST
He only opens the window with telekinesis. The actual throw he does the way the gods intended.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 10:01 PM CST
I'd require an additional somatic component of a gwethsmasher. lol

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/24/2016 10:19 PM CST

>>As much as I loath the title system it wouldn't be hard to add some additional titles along these lines, possibly with thematic requirements instead of who you've circled with. That wouldn't need on site involvement. Is that something people would be interested in?

Very. Just coming up with the requirements for each disciple is intriguing.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/27/2016 12:00 PM CST

I like this too. Titles based on guild leader would be great.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 02/27/2016 06:14 PM CST

Very cool idea.
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 03/15/2016 01:55 AM CDT
Guildleader and associated skill for title acquisition.

Kssarh Target Magic
Lomtaun Small Edged
Tiv Brawling
Mortom Enchanting, Arcana
Gylwyn Charisma
Cherulisa Utility
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 03/15/2016 02:11 AM CDT
Cherulisa might be better suited for Outdoorsman and Skinning.

Charisma is nice for Gylwyn, but she could maybe take Stealth as well. It's hard to think of appropriate skills for a woman that has successfully tricked a bunch of pompous men into thinking she's little better than a pretty face.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 04/04/2016 04:45 PM CDT

>>It's hard to think of appropriate skills for a woman that has successfully tricked a bunch of pompous men into thinking she's little better than a pretty face.

I didn't think that took anything more than a friendly smile.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Disciple of Lomtaum 03/23/2018 12:50 PM CDT
I know this is an old post, but this would still be awesome (and apologies for spelling Lomtaun wrong 2 years ago.