precognitive soldier 06/18/2011 08:22 PM CDT
anyone got precognitive soldier? requirements?
Re: precognitive soldier 06/19/2011 09:30 AM CDT
600 weapon for sure.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/19/2011 11:24 AM CDT
Is there a formula by where we can figure out just how many hours it would take a weapons tert to get 600 in a weapon?
Re: precognitive soldier 06/19/2011 07:40 PM CDT
>>Is there a formula by where we can figure out just how many hours it would take a weapons tert to get 600 in a weapon?

None that I'm aware of :P

However, if you track how long it takes to gain 10 ranks you can probably get a fairly accurate projection of how long it might take you to gain 100 additional ranks, assuming your initial skill value is over 100. Predicting past 100 ranks over your initial value is real iffy because of how EXP absorbing tapers off the higher your skill.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: precognitive soldier 06/20/2011 12:26 AM CDT
Keep in mind that Precognitive Soldier is the second highest combat title available to a Moon Mage (And notably tamer than Y'Shai Aspirant). It is meant to be a difficult feat.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: precognitive soldier 06/22/2011 05:53 PM CDT
>>However, if you track how long it takes to gain 10 ranks you can probably get a fairly accurate projection of how long it might take you to gain 100 additional ranks, assuming your initial skill value is over 100. Predicting past 100 ranks over your initial value is real iffy because of how EXP absorbing tapers off the higher your skill.

I've occasionally thought of writing a genie plugin that would track this information so I could derive all the experience formulas. The main thing stopping me is that I'm afraid that once I know how many hours it takes to make any given skill gain, I'll desperately want to quit the game.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/22/2011 06:04 PM CDT
<<once I know how many hours it takes to make any given skill gain, I'll desperately want to quit the game.>>

heh.

War is Peace, Truth is Lies. -george orwell
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 12:32 PM CDT
Just figure out how much hard xp you gain per pulse, and extrapolate from there. I'm not sure if field xp is displayed by rounding to the nearest integer, so you might need multiple pulses to get a more accurate read out, but:
My Moonmage (so magic prime):

Power Perceive: 494 06.11% captivated (26/34)
Power Perceive: 494 07.16% fascinated (25/34)

So I gain roughly 1.05% hard xp per pulse around this skill range, and pulses are every 200s, I'm looking at approximately 5.25 hrs per rank per magic skill. So, yeah, about 4 ranks every 5 hrs.

Considering I need ~490 ranks of magic for 100th, I'm looking at about 25d of solid xp drain before hitting that mark, unless I also keep targeting moving.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 03:23 PM CDT
"unless I also keep targeting moving."

Why on earth wouldn't you keep targeted moving?

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 03:40 PM CDT
Because sometimes I find myself in places where people aren't teaching it? And I certainly can't train it in combat.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 04:57 PM CDT
... /facepalm
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 05:47 PM CDT
Tip:

Evasion 100.00% Mind Lock
TM: 500.00% Clear

Not a good situation. Avoid it if possible.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 06:16 PM CDT
"Because sometimes I find myself in places where people aren't teaching it? And I certainly can't train it in combat."

Oh. You're bad at this. Understood.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 07:35 PM CDT
Yeah, evidently being a magic primary and armor/weapon tert means I'm doing something wrong when TM climbs above combats.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 07:54 PM CDT
<<Yeah, evidently being a magic primary and armor/weapon tert means I'm doing something wrong when TM climbs above combats.

Correct.

-Evran

Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 07:55 PM CDT
Out pacing your evasion to the point where you can't train TM? Yeah. You did something wrong.

-Serc

Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:00 PM CDT
I suppose I should elaborate.

Your TM being above your other combats is fine, and perfectly normal.

Your TM being so far above your other combats that you are unable to learn all of them from the same creature is not. It is an incredibly inefficient way to spend time training, as it means you would have had to listen to countless hours of TM classes instead of just going into combat, learning it and multiple other skills just as quickly.

I should note that Evran is in the same boat, so this isn't me picking on you. Mid 100s in evasion, mid 200s in TM, all other combats lower than 100. Even that relatively small disparity makes me want to kick myself in the pants for training as poorly as I did.

-Evran

Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:06 PM CDT
Post your TM:combat average. I don't think I've ever met a moon mage who trained TM in combat past the 200s or so
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:07 PM CDT
I would seriously consider taking some time to train your defenses so that you aren't a glass cannon.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:21 PM CDT
<<Post your TM:combat average. I don't think I've ever met a moon mage who trained TM in combat past the 200s or so

LOL What?!

TM:combat average = 908:706

I hunt juvie armadillo's, all day long and I rarely ever die to them. There are quite a few of us that are heavy combat MM's. Traim, Asrion, Aaoskar, Nilassa, Vahlissa, just to name a few (sorry if I botched any names). There's quite a mid level MM's that are combat oriented as well, Lasciel is just one of them.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:28 PM CDT
Impressive, I'll have to push combat more. I'm currently sitting at 180's and 270 tm.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:30 PM CDT
Ahhhh these sort of skill splits remind me of one or two of the TF only titles.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:31 PM CDT
That's not too bad of a gap, you should be able to easily narrow it within a month or so.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/23/2011 08:40 PM CDT
"Post your TM:combat average. I don't think I've ever met a moon mage who trained TM in combat past the 200s or so"

I train both weapons and TM in super celpezes.

-Serc

Re: precognitive soldier 06/24/2011 01:25 PM CDT
>There are quite a few of us that are heavy combat MM's. Traim, Asrion, Aaoskar, Nilassa, Vahlissa, just to name a few

Sadly, for now I'm more whatever is the opposite of a glass cannon.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/24/2011 04:09 PM CDT
>Sadly, for now I'm more whatever is the opposite of a glass cannon.

Main battle tank?

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: precognitive soldier 06/24/2011 05:08 PM CDT
I took a hefty break from combats while I pushed magic, but seeing as that evasion is one of my top survivals I may pay more attention to killing stuff.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/24/2011 08:42 PM CDT
At least I have a good feeling that the only thing keeping me from having Precognitive Soldier is TM, so hopefully I'll be able to nail down that req.
Re: precognitive soldier 06/27/2011 11:45 PM CDT
> I don't think I've ever met a moon mage who trained TM in combat past the 200s or so

That's what happens when you meet Moon Mages at the War Mage guild.

IV
Re: precognitive soldier 06/28/2011 12:06 AM CDT
<<That's what happens when you meet Moon Mages at the War Mage guild.

A+

-Evran