Prev_page Previous 1
Titles 04/17/2009 04:56 PM CDT
Moonlit - Already suggested, one I'd personally go for
Moonshine - (couldn't resist)
Planeswalker - be able to enter The Ways from any location (I'd go for it, but it'd be years before I could get it)
Veil Piercer - All Perception spells, Shadewatch Mirror

Tool titles
Horoscopist - Already mentioned, 500 Celestial Chart predictions (if that's trackable)
Cleromancer-250 Bones predictions
Hydromancer-750 Bowl predictions
Crystallomancer - X Prism predictions
Catoptromancer - X Mirror predictions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divination
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_divination

Go hog wild. :)
Re: Titles 04/17/2009 05:04 PM CDT
<<Tool titles>>

I like this idea; however, if I recall, we have been told in the past that tools do not count for the overall prediction counter precisely because each tool has it's own individual counter (which is destroyed when that tool is destroyed). That is why we must perform mass vision-predictions to obtain prediction titles. We are the tool in that case, and we don't get destroyed. It would be nice if that changed, if all tool predictions could count to our overall total, and your suggestions would be more feasible.

If such a change doesn't occur, I suggest that the highest prediction-dependent title be "Big Tool".

Malzard
Re: Titles 04/17/2009 05:08 PM CDT
shadow mage - 400 hiding, TV, darkness

mindflayer - MB, 500 TM

any TM titles above fate reaver and below y'shai would be awesome

-Strk
Re: Titles 04/17/2009 05:11 PM CDT
>any TM titles above fate reaver and below y'shai would be awesome
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 05:04 PM CDT
Psychotic
Learned all spells under the Psychic spellbok.
Created Rogue Moongates X number of times.
At least 1 active warrants for Hooliganism and/or Endangering the public.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 05:05 PM CDT
>> Created Rogue Moongates X number of times.

The title you are looking for here is "Stupid."

Rev. Reene

You hear the voice of Tachid exclaim, "Furries aren't supposed to be living!"
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 09:08 PM CDT
>>any TM titles above fate reaver and below y'shai would be awesome

Also some combat oriented ones would be nice. Based off of Weapons, Evasion, with magics or something.

Battle Mage
Blade of Yavash (some blade ranks, Burn, and CoL)
Sitting Duck (500 TM and only 100 evasion) Joking! ...well not really.
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 10:25 PM CDT
>Sitting Duck (500 TM and only 100 evasion) Joking! ...well not really.

tezerite imo

-Strk
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 11:15 PM CDT
Son of Stolas? Heh.

-Coralin
Re: Titles 04/18/2009 11:16 PM CDT
Please don't ever, ever suggest that he might have reproduced again.

Rev. Reene

You hear the voice of Tachid exclaim, "Furries aren't supposed to be living!"
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 12:16 AM CDT
I'm less specific on actual titles that I would like to see, and more interested in having a portion of our titles be based off combat/TM skill.

But I like the warmage equivalent of a lot of their titles:

Lunar Wizard,
Lunar Mage,
Lunar Terror, etc...

I'd actually like to get the title Wizard as well. I don't think Wizard should be isolated to only be warmies. Rangers get Forest Wizard for example.
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 12:18 AM CDT
I also think we should have access to the Oracle title. It'd require a certain number of favors. Like 25+.

-Coralin
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 12:51 AM CDT
>Lunar Wizard,
>Lunar Mage,
>Lunar Terror, etc...

I sincerely hope we do not go down the "Arcane Blah" path.

If we want Wizard, just make a duplicate with Moonie requirements. We have 3 versions of Cavalier anyway.

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 01:23 AM CDT
>>I sincerely hope we do not go down the "Arcane Blah" path.

Why not? We should have guild parity.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 10:21 AM CDT
<<>>I sincerely hope we do not go down the "Arcane Blah" path.>>

<<Why not? We should have guild parity.>>

For me, it has nothing to do with guild parity; it's just incredibly boring to have the exact same titles rehashed with Arcane or Lunar thrown in front.
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 11:03 AM CDT
>>For me, it has nothing to do with guild parity; it's just incredibly boring to have the exact same titles rehashed with Arcane or Lunar thrown in front.

You just ruined my entire new titles concept.
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 01:10 PM CDT
>>For me, it has nothing to do with guild parity; it's just incredibly boring to have the exact same titles rehashed with Arcane or Lunar thrown in front.

It doesn't affect you; it throws a bone to title chasers; it lets people playact their preferred stereotype; it highlights the gross similarities between guilds; it makes it obvious that guild identity is a stupid concept.

Who cares about your boredom?

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 01:22 PM CDT
"It doesn't affect you; it throws a bone to title chasers; it lets people playact their preferred stereotype; it highlights the gross similarities between guilds; it makes it obvious that guild identity is a stupid concept.

Who cares about your boredom?"

Try looking at it like this.

Moonmages will get say, 20 titles worth title development. The GM could quickly rip through the list and tack mystic or lunar to the front of a bunch of titles that are already out there then point to that list as compleated development on titles when more or asked for.

Or we could get 20 titles worth of development that don't suck.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 01:47 PM CDT
Yes, when you look at our development as a quota that Bursaal has to meet, then sure.

And then you look at the reality, where Bursaal and Oolan are volunteers who are actually interested in giving us cool titles that we want, and you realize they might actually want to offer something more than meeting a quota.

Don't get me wrong.

I hate the idea of Lunar this and Mystic that. I already stated why, above, which you quoted. But there's an obvious demand for them, and if it supports my futile crusade against the guild system, so much the better.

---
"Close your eyes -
Re: Titles 04/19/2009 05:57 PM CDT
"And then you look at the reality, where Bursaal and Oolan are volunteers who are actually interested in giving us cool titles that we want, and you realize they might actually want to offer something more than meeting a quota."

There is no obligatory quota.

However, after a batch release of titles you can bet that development on titles isn't going to stay anywhere near the top of any sort of priority list.

So yes, what we get will most likely be it for a while. I would prefer the new ones not to suck.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Titles... 06/22/2009 06:33 PM CDT
Were those new titles ever added in? I recall there was a bunch that had been kicking around for a few years waiting for Solomon to put them in a spreadsheet or something? Unclear.

Also does anyone have/know where there is a mildly accurate list of the other titles added in the last batch since they don't seem to be updated on Elanthipedia and the titles page on the official site hasn't been updated since the Clinton years.
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:07 PM CDT
No new titles, it makes me cry.
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:11 PM CDT
So to the other part of the question...

Any recall which new ones were added and what the reqs were? I recall there being a few super duper extra hard ones I expect never to see but thought there might be a few more in there to go for. Harbinger is so far off...
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:26 PM CDT
Titles System in general makes me sad. :(

Overreaction aside: It's dissapointing to not have any known titles that fit my Moon Mage character.

Most people have titles that they look forward to and I suggest that having cool or fun titles to shoot for gives them more incentive to play the game.

Given the skills that I like to train and have chosen to train, I don't have any new titles to look forward to at all.

I have a Ranger friend that asks me from time to time what cool Moon Mage titles I have now. I keep showing her the same list of titles each time she asks and her response is always "wow, that's it?"

~Nitish

>open my sack
It would be a shame to disturb the silence of this place for that.
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:29 PM CDT
<<No new titles, it makes me cry.>>

Yz.

<<Any recall which new ones were added and what the reqs were? I recall there being a few super duper extra hard ones I expect never to see but thought there might be a few more in there to go for. Harbinger is so far off...>>

I think Elanthipedia's info is pretty up to date on moon mage titles. Last I heard someone in TF had picked up Y'Shai Aspirant around 800 weapon/armor. I'd love to know the (likely insane) reqs for Alda Pelan and Alda Remoren. I hate ??? titles, it's like having unknown circle requirements.

--Traim--
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:29 PM CDT
What are you looking for, for example?
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:35 PM CDT
It appears Elanthipedia may be updated and just poorly organized. Hmm.

::adds to his list of things to update::
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:39 PM CDT
Anyone in TF figure out what Alda Pelan and Alda Remoren require yet?

Also clearly some of those Elanthipedia titles don't have full reqs (Artificer and Goldcap for example are suppose to be the same format of reqs as Y'shai but just different skills and they aren't on Elanthipedia).

... also sorry for shotgun posting. I blame the lack of caffeine.
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 05:41 PM CDT
>What are you looking for, for example?

If this was for me, go back through the older posts. I have, and others have a bunch of suggestions that are still accessible (starts on Page 1 of the titles section).

I also suggested something not too long ago when I started playing again.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=24&topic=21&message=878

~Nitish

>open my sack
Re: Titles... 06/24/2009 11:22 PM CDT
If thats what your going for, then you want the Y'shai titles.

Though there is not much in that area before that.

Were moon mages not lunar paladins. Don't expect much stuff with armor reqs.

"The demons said Humans are responsible for their own actions, but their thoughts were dictated to them from above. Is that really fair?"
-KUF:COD
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:07 AM CDT
>>If thats what your going for, then you want the Y'shai titles.

I really have no interest in the Y'shai titles.

I disagree with having such a high weapon requirement, but it doesn't bother me that they exist.

800 Tertiary Weapon is not something that I would like to focus on.

800 Tertiary Armor will happen in time if you train Evasion.

>>Were moon mages not lunar paladins.

When GMs decide it's a good idea for Moon Mages to have combat spells and the justification is that they need to be able to survive, it seems silly to say that we won't have Armor, Evasion, and TM titles.

My idea of Moon Mage survival is Armor, Evasion, and TM.

I also think it's silly that a few titles can't be thrown in for those who choose to interpret the guild in a slightly different way.

Why is it a problem to have Moon Mage Armor, Evasion, TM titles?

>>Don't expect much

I don't, but it's still dissapointing.

~Nitish

>open my sack
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:12 AM CDT
Because armor is tert for us.

There are lots of NON guild titles for combat skills if you want to use them.

That's like asking why traders don't have magic titles, or why don't barbarians have as Savage Reader title with 500 scholar as a req.
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:19 AM CDT
I wish 500 scholarship was a req for something :(

Rev. Reene

Szrael says to you, "He's quite a friend. I've never seen anyone remove their pants with such alacrity."
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:28 AM CDT
I thought it was?

eh, I got all the scholarship titles over 5 years ago anyways. I think o.O

"The demons said Humans are responsible for their own actions, but their thoughts were dictated to them from above. Is that really fair?"
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:29 AM CDT
double post :x

Judge
At least 500 ranks in Scholarship
At least 500 ranks in Teaching
At least ? points in Charisma
At least ? in Discipline
At least ? points in Wisdom

Diplomat
At least 600 ranks in Scholarship
At least 600 ranks in Teaching
At least 45 points in Charisma

Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:33 AM CDT
I meant Moon Mage titles but...

Well, I'm nearly there on the teaching for Judge.

Rev. Reene

Szrael says to you, "He's quite a friend. I've never seen anyone remove their pants with such alacrity."
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:48 AM CDT
Judge Caelumia...

hmmm
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:55 AM CDT
>I wish 500 scholarship was a req for something :(

Fierce Listener

Listens With A Fist

Flat Bottom

~Nitish

>open my sack
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 12:56 AM CDT
>>There are lots of NON guild titles for combat skills if you want to use them.

None that area meaningful when it comes to describing my character.

>>That's like asking why traders don't have magic titles, or why don't barbarians have as Savage Reader title with 500 scholar as a req.

It's not like that at all.

Traders have no reason to learn magic. Barbarians have no reason to learn scholarship.

Moon Mages have a reason to learn armor and that's survival. When the armor changes go live it sounds like armor will be a lot more important than it is now for surviving.

~Nitish

>open my sack
Re: Titles... 06/25/2009 01:00 AM CDT
>> Listens With A Fist

bahahahaha

GIVE US THIS

Rev. Reene

Prev_page Previous 1