Moonblades Without a Moon 07/16/2020 09:16 PM CDT
I've recently picked my moon mage back up and I'm having a grand time with it. The one serious flaw I keep coming back to is not having any way to use a moonblade when all the moons are down. This happens fairly frequently and it is super disappointing to either not hunt or revert to normal weapons.

Moonblades have tons of guild flavor and some very cool features like being able to use it as camb or store spells but they're crazy under-utilized due to this fatal availability flaw. Perhaps the blades could be a cyclic? Pull power from other heavenly bodies as the mage learns them? Store crazy amounts of mana? Sacrifice the mana storage for moonless maintenance? Lesser weapon stats when no moons would make sense also. I imagine the coding might be crazy on them but it would be fantabulous amazeballs if it could be updated. We have this conversation at least once a month on the various chat channels I'm a part of so I know it's not just me hoping for an update.

Thanks!
Re: Moonblades Without a Moon 07/17/2020 01:48 AM CDT
You may not be aware that you can refresh moonblades using a different moon than it was created with. This lets you keep a moonblade indefinitely unless all 3 moons are simultaneously down for more than 40 minutes which is relatively rare.
Re: Moonblades Without a Moon 07/17/2020 05:23 PM CDT
That's a nice thought but it happens fairly often. I logged in this evening and there were no moons. Admittedly it was only about 20 minutes but it does happen consistently. A capped moonblade may last 40 minutes but it takes a while to get there. At circle 100 I can only cast at 80 mana for 30 minutes.
Re: Moonblades Without a Moon 07/28/2020 07:41 PM CDT
A Grazhir Moonblade would be nice.