Spell Prep Messaging 03/17/2015 04:53 AM CDT
So I've been gone for a while now (pre 3.0) and have recently returned. I've come to grips with most of the changes but I still cant seem to find a way to change my spell prep message. Before the change I had the Black eyes one and I would like to get it back (or another one). I was never a fan of the default message. I have learned the alt prep feat and the illusion prep feat (just removed it due to the new change) and I still cant seem to find a way to change it. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Truu
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/17/2015 08:40 AM CDT
I think this is what you want: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Prepare_command

-PREPARE <spell name> <amount>
-PREPARE /LIST - Lists out all available messaging you can use. You can have up to three special preps, not counting your default.
-PREPARE /SHIFT - Toggles through your available messaging.
-PREPARE /DEFAULT - Toggles 'off' or 'on' your default prep messaging.
-PREPARE /CLEAR - Clears your currently set messaging. Note that you can not erase your default settings. Using this will ERASE your chosen special prep message.
-PREPARE /HIDE - Allows you to try and hide your preparing messaging from others.
-PREPARE /HELP - Displays the syntax and usage of the PREPARE command.

Note: The forward slash(/) is required where used above.
Amount represents the number of mana streams you will devote to the spell when you CAST it. This number is augmented by any mana you have harnessed, or stored in cambrinth items that are focused prior to casting.

Though it's been a while since I've changed my spell prep messaging and I'm not able to test it PREP /SHIFT at the moment.

Nikpack
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/17/2015 10:44 PM CDT
Yeah I tried this and the problem is that all of the old spell preps I had seem to have been deleted. Now I cant find where to get new ones since the update and the addition of magical feats.

-Truu
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/17/2015 10:49 PM CDT
Throne City has some for purchase. Asking your sect representative about prep will teach you your sect one. Others are purchased at fests.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/18/2015 01:02 AM CDT
Thanks for the help. Here is the problem I am having now. I have my sect spell prep but it will not let me engage it. If i try prepare /shift it says I only have one so I cannot shift. If I try turning off my default by prepare /default then it does say that my sect one is now activated but when I try to prep a spell I get this message....

You don't know enough about the technique behind spell mnemonics to use a silent preparation.

when this happens I cannot cast ANY spells..... I just get this message

-Truu
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/18/2015 01:13 AM CDT
> You don't know enough about the technique behind spell mnemonics to use a silent preparation.

You need the Silent Preparation feat.
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/18/2015 01:34 AM CDT
I see. Missed that one I guess. Great, now I gotta find a way to train up my stealth skill..... cuz that make sense as a requirement for using an alt spell prep. I need another 15 levels for that 100 requirement. Just wondering do all alt preps require this or just the sect ones?

Thank you guys for all the help.

-Truu
Re: Spell Prep Messaging 03/18/2015 04:54 AM CDT
> Just wondering do all alt preps require this or just the sect ones?

Just the ones that are silent. A silent prep gives a stealth benefit: you can prep from hiding without messaging the room. That's why there's another feat requirement and a stealth requirement.