Is this bug abuse (100th ability)? 05/31/2012 01:54 AM CDT
So there are some places where entering the ways does not put you at the shard you might expect. Is it bug abuse to take advantage of those places to get yourself to a particular shard quickly?
Re: Is this bug abuse (100th ability)? 05/31/2012 06:32 AM CDT
I'm going to go ahead and say "maybe".

Due the gradation of how we measure distances you get some little funkiness from here to there, but if you're finding rooms that go to far afield of where you expect, or "These three particular rooms go to a different shard compared to the rest of this hunting area" please bring that to our attention so we can investigate. Maybe it's intended, maybe it's not.

I'm not going to set a hard and fast rule, but the first case -- Generally that's fine. The second case "Hey I found this one room in Crossing that takes me to M'Riss" is not so fine.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Is this bug abuse (100th ability)? 05/31/2012 06:41 AM CDT
Well, the question was prompted by noticing that Promado village goes to Mintais. Which is plausible, depending on how exactly things are laid out.