Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Flare Cantrip 04/27/2012 04:54 PM CDT
"Getting expansed has nothing to do with how much concentration you have."

I was addressing all three ways of getting yourself killed. Random (redheaded bastard), incinerated (concentration. only one that never happens anymore), grey expanse (PP for direction/paying attention to reshaping messages)

"it's just baffling that someone who went through that would consider a trip to Ratha these days to take a long time."

I didn't mean specifically a long time. I consider risk of death/loss of xp to have a time value. Both, to me, put it "out of the way".

I realize this has become tangential though, as I defend my view of "stupidly out of the way." which was hardly important to the point of the cantrip taking forever to get because of a large random factor.

Back on topic. Advice:
Write a script. Run .script while trolling the conflicts folder. Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Flare Cantrip 04/27/2012 07:56 PM CDT
Fortunately Flare (not to mention Face) is not actually required and you can have a long successful career as a Moon Mage without obtaining it if you think it is too out of the way.

If I remember correctly, having the first two cantrips in distant and dangerous locations was partly for the amusement of the GMs in seeing who would go through all the trouble of getting them.

-Artificer Nilassa
Re: Flare Cantrip 04/27/2012 08:01 PM CDT
I approve of random acts of cruelty in Moon Mage design.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Flare Cantrip 04/27/2012 10:44 PM CDT

>>If I remember correctly, having the first two cantrips in distant and dangerous locations was partly for the amusement of the GMs in seeing who would go through all the trouble of getting them.

Good o' Rigby quests

If its any consolation gating the face cantrip at level, with the changes to RF, and without any outside aid is probably a clear sign of determination on the mages part. Though I did it back in the skellie rib throwing days, I did become very good friends with a moon mage who took up the journey at the same time I did. Dragging his body through that particular desert was interesting to say the least.

I'm still extremely thankful for the bard who helped me open the front door to the mansion and the way to the shard for the AP quest.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Flare Cantrip 05/01/2012 10:21 PM CDT
>>I approve of random acts of cruelty in Moon Mage design.

You approve of random acts of cruelty on any guild, tell the truth!
Re: Flare Cantrip 05/01/2012 10:35 PM CDT
No, we're only randomly cruel to some guilds. You know, moon mages, necromancers... really it's just those two.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Flare Cantrip 05/01/2012 10:36 PM CDT
Heh, I remember one of you once suggesting giving a spell to Warrior Mages in exchange for a bloody mess. Maybe it was incinerate, blowing themselves up or something.
Re: Flare Cantrip 05/01/2012 10:42 PM CDT
> Heh, I remember one of you once suggesting giving a spell to Warrior Mages in exchange for a bloody mess. Maybe it was incinerate, blowing themselves up or something.

Isn't that the current plan? Blackfire will be fiendishly powerful in 3.0, but also a guaranteed self-kill.
Re: Flare Cantrip 05/01/2012 10:48 PM CDT
>>Isn't that the current plan? Blackfire will be fiendishly powerful in 3.0, but also a guaranteed self-kill.

Yup.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page