Ways Quest 04/30/2011 10:23 AM CDT
Is it possible to do this quest alone if you are not a Skra?
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 10:27 AM CDT
As far as I know, it is not possible unless you are an S'kra. Otherwise you will need to get a moonmage to gate you in.
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 10:29 AM CDT
Wait I can just use my quest item in the ways no matter how I get inside?
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 11:03 AM CDT
I meant that you would need an S'kra to get you inside OR a moonmage who can astral travel would have to astral travel to the shard in leth deriel and open up a gate to you so that you could begin the quest.
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 11:17 AM CDT
You can get to it if you have a ton of climbing. 400ish effective ranks or so I think. Not many do it this way obviously.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 09:22 PM CDT
<<You can get to it if you have a ton of climbing. 400ish effective ranks or so I think. Not many do it this way obviously.

Yeah, there's a method to get inside the germ hunting area that requires a lot of climbing, but to just be clear, there is another thing inside that is specifically a part of the quest and needs either someone else or a s'kra.

Nikpack
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 09:52 PM CDT
Yeah i did the whole quest/puzzle thing to get inside the area but was disappointed to find no way past that one part. I never even thought of having someone else go through the Ways to that shard and just open a gate for me.
Re: Ways Quest 04/30/2011 11:33 PM CDT
There's also a way for the other person to open the thing the skr'a opens. It's a puzzle, so I won't reveal it, but think Scooby Doo/secret in a mansion or castle.

Nikpack
Re: Ways Quest 05/01/2011 02:09 AM CDT
I could have sworn there was a way to climb directly into the western room of the shard area from inside the manor. I'm not thinking about the climb in germish, which is more a backdoor into the manor than it is a way into germish.

-Evran

The first slayer of Malik, may he not rest in peace.
Re: Ways Quest 05/01/2011 08:33 AM CDT
The only two ways I know to get inside where the shard is kept is to bring a s'kra with you, if your not one yourself, or have someone open it from the inside.

There are various ways to get from germishdin to the manor, but the shard isn't located in the manor.

If theres some other secret then I don't know it.
As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Ways Quest 05/01/2011 10:25 AM CDT
Why is this thing in such an inaccessible place? I wish it was at least possible to find your way there without having to beg a Skra or someone else to travel inside and open up.
Re: Ways Quest 05/01/2011 11:10 AM CDT
One could speculate on reasons.

First, and likely most importantly, it is located there for very solid Lore reasons that predate the use of the Astral Plane as a travel device.

Secondly, it's a quest. Quests are designed to require some effort and discovery.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose