Refractive Field 04/26/2011 10:10 AM CDT
I finally got refractive field and it's kind of amusing. I do better if I just hide. Not that I'm complaining, I got the spell because i like the concept of the spell, but it is amusing to say the least. It is the ultimate invisibility as long as no one is looking.
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 10:23 AM CDT
>>It is the ultimate invisibility as long as no one is looking.

I don't think you realize the application of this spell.

Consider for a moment that the spell allows you to...

1) Pass between rooms without roundtime.
2) Enter and exit rooms without any messaging(only Thieves with their passive spot ability up may see). This is without a skill check. This is very useful because the moment you are spotted, you can run away and the person that saw you will not know where you ran to.
3) Will reform itself should someone manage to spot and POINT you out of invisibility.
4) SEARCH and perform other verbs while in a hidden status.

In the current world where first strike and stealth are king, this spell is the most ideal for PvP situations. It was a night and day difference prior to my having access to this spell.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 10:44 AM CDT
>>Enter and exit rooms without any messaging(only Thieves with their passive spot ability up may see). This is without a skill check. This is very useful because the moment you are spotted, you can run away and the person that saw you will not know where you ran to.

This I had not considered. This could prove useful for reconnaissance and for first strike surprise opportunities.
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 02:21 PM CDT
RF is #winning.
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 02:39 PM CDT
Invisibility in DR is not meant to provide you with an exceptional boost in your Hiding skill. Conceptually, even an invisible person will leave obvious tells if he is terrible at sneaking around -- foot prints in the mud, disrupting the bushes as he pushes through, unfortunate odors and so on.

As Leilond pointed out, the point of invisibility is dramatically increased mobility. It's the possibility of being "in stealth" while running full stop up a road. Being supernatural powers, invisibility also "reforms" after being pointed out to simulate that while it's possible to track an invisible person that has been brought to your attention, the act does not actually stop the target from being invisible.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 07:44 PM CDT
"Invisibility in DR is not meant to provide you with an exceptional boost in your Hiding skill."

Last word I recall hearing from the GM side of things is that RF should be capable of providing what was described as a sizable boost.

Has this been fiddled with to provide less of a boost or is it just a changed/different point of view on how significant the boost is?

Regardless of the answer to my question, for the original Poster:

The hiding boost, whatever it may be, is a % of your effective ranks in hiding, based on the amount of mana you are holding.

Shadows and CJ's should also improve the amount of gain you see from RF, since the buff is a % of your effective ranks.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Refractive Field 04/26/2011 11:35 PM CDT
>>Last word I recall hearing from the GM side of things is that RF should be capable of providing what was described as a sizable boost.

It can provide a sizable boost.

What I'm referring to as exceptional is when people complain that it should be impossible to be spotted with an invisibility power up "because you're invisible."

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 07:20 AM CDT
Please to be providing Stalking vs Perception contest for passing between rooms unnoticed?

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 11:00 AM CDT
>Please to be providing Stalking vs Perception contest for passing between rooms unnoticed?

Yes, please take away the main benefit of this ability.

We don't have enough hiding and stalking buffs as is, especially terrible ones.

-Reverend Gidien

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 11:42 AM CDT
>>Yes, please take away the main benefit of this ability.

Nah, the benefit would still be there for the people that trained up their Hiding/Stalking ranks at level to their combats :)

Sucks for the people with only 2 ranks in Stalking though.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 11:52 AM CDT
>>>>Yes, please take away the main benefit of this ability.

>>Nah, the benefit would still be there for the people that trained up their Hiding/Stalking ranks at level to their combats :)

>>Sucks for the people with only 2 ranks in Stalking though.

I think the point is moot anyway since Hiding and Stalking is going to be one skill in 3.0-- but I guess at that point would you be arguing that it contest Stealth on a move? What would be the point of invisibility then, just moving with no RT while hiding and periodic re-hiding with a possible slight bonus? I guess that would still be a pretty significant thing though.
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 11:58 AM CDT
>>...but I guess at that point would you be arguing that it contest Stealth on a move? What would be the point of invisibility then, just moving with no RT while hiding and periodic re-hiding with a possible slight bonus? I guess that would still be a pretty significant thing though.

Precisely. The fact that passing between rooms while invisible ignores skill checks is the main crux of the issue.

In Combat/Magic 3.0, if I have 1000 Perception and someone who is invisible has 200 Stealth, why shouldn't I be able to see them come waltzing into my room? Also, why shouldn't I be able to see them leave my room, and see which direction they leave?

In the present system, even if I have 2000 Perception I will never ever see someone invisible enter my room, and I will never see them leave my room and I will never know which direction they left, even if they have 10 ranks in Hiding and Stalking. That is a glaring problem in my opinion.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 12:02 PM CDT
Also I should note, even if I SEARCH and spot them in invisibility, until I POINT them out of invisibility they will still be classified as "Invisible" and the game will not message if they enter or leave the room nor will it message which direction they leave the room. Ignoring skill checks != good.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 12:21 PM CDT
>>Conceptually, even an invisible person will leave obvious tells if he is terrible at sneaking around -- foot prints in the mud, disrupting the bushes as he pushes through, unfortunate odors and so on.
>>-Armifier

>>In the present system, even if I have 2000 Perception I will never ever see someone invisible enter my room, and I will never see them leave my room and I will never know which direction they left, even if they have 10 ranks in Hiding and Stalking. That is a glaring problem in my opinion.

Considering the concept seems to back up the skill check, I really don't see why it wasn't like that to begin with. Since invisibility would still give a bonus to stealth anyway and allow movement without any RT... invisibility would still have a purpose. I don't see why a player with no stalking can be as clumsy as they want and not attract attention to themselves. It's kind of like noticing why did that branch move? or why are there footsteps appearing out of nowhere?
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:07 PM CDT
"Please to be providing Stalking vs Perception contest for passing between rooms unnoticed?"

No. That would be stupid.

"Considering the concept seems to back up the skill check, I really don't see why it wasn't like that to begin with. Since invisibility would still give a bonus to stealth anyway and allow movement without any RT... invisibility would still have a purpose."

Invisibility doesn't bonus stealth skills. A number of spells or abilities associated with invisibility ALSO provide a stealth bonus but that is not a function of the state. Polo cloaks, Eclipse rings, ect do not bonus hiding or stalking in any way.

-Serc

""It's a hell of a thing, killing some text. Take away all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's got, and all the numbers and letters and punctuation it's ever gonna have." -- Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven."-- Bahb.
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:24 PM CDT
>>Invisibility doesn't bonus stealth skills. A number of spells or abilities associated with invisibility ALSO provide a stealth bonus but that is not a function of the state. Polo cloaks, Eclipse rings, ect do not bonus hiding or stalking in any way.

>>-Serc

That seems even worse to me considering it's getting around a skill check AND having to spend a spell slot. Since you get to bypass perception while moving in hiding with no roundtime off an item anybody could get.
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:35 PM CDT
"Please to be providing Stalking vs Perception contest for passing between rooms unnoticed?"
No. That would be stupid.

I hope you were just being sarcastic, but in the case that you weren't I have to ask, why would that be stupid?

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:46 PM CDT
"I hope you were just being sarcastic, but in the case that you weren't I have to ask, why would that be stupid?"

I wasn't. That is a stupid idea. Either ask for invisibility to be removed entirely or leave it as it is.

DR doesn't need to add to the list of ability's that are entirely pointless and invisibility functioning only as a 1-3 sec RT deduction isn't worthwhile.

I don't care which happens, but don't stick me with a spent spell slot on something stupid.

-Serc

Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:51 PM CDT
>I hope you were just being sarcastic, but in the case that you weren't I have to ask, why would that be stupid?

1. Thieves can move room to room without RT already, and this grants a perception check. This would effectivly ruin invis for Thieves.

2. It was stated that the main benefit of invis is moving from room to room at full tilt with no check, changing that will mean post 3.0 it will be a crappy hide/stalk buff with little benefit.

3. Stealth is already taking some major hits in the combat departmnt without nerfing one of the best escape and/or first strike abilities there is.

4. With all due respect here Leilond, I think people are a bit tired of this crusade against stealth you seem to be on.

-Reverend Gidien

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 02:54 PM CDT
>>invisibility functioning only as a 1-3 sec RT deduction isn't worthwhile.

Well if you compare it to when you first start out, it's a 5-6 second roundtime for a new character, which means a free item can make up for what if were a weapon would be about a dozen points of strength and agility to make up that kind of time.

>>but don't stick me with a spent spell slot on something stupid.

You're getting a bonus to skill with the spell so that justifies the slot. Just because the ring/cloak has a "fluff" effect when your hiding skill reaches the.. 140 ranks? it takes to get it down to 2 seconds, doesn't affect the usefulness of the spell.
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 03:14 PM CDT
>>Serc

So, basically you wouldn't use the ability just because someone with more Perception ranks than you have Hiding/Stalking ranks would be able to see you. Because of this, the spell would no longer be worth a spell slot to you. This is your justification of calling something "stupid". I can understand that.

Personally, I would totally still use the spell because I know my Stealth ranks are high enough that I would be able to get around people without them noticing me anyway. But, that's just me.

>>1. Thieves can move room to room without RT already, and this grants a perception check. This would effectivly ruin invis for Thieves.

The 0 RT sneak between rooms only applies inside of towns and must be done from a hidden status. I am under the assumption that a Thief's invisibility would let them pass between rooms outside of towns with 0 RT. Also, invisibility grants the user the ability to perform many maneuvers that would otherwise bump said user out of the hidden status, such as SEARCHing(You cannot SEARCH while remaining hidden but you can SEARCh while remaining invisible).

>>2. It was stated that the main benefit of invis is moving from room to room at full tilt with no check, changing that will mean post 3.0 it will be a crappy hide/stalk buff with little benefit.

False. I will re-quote Armifer: "Invisibility in DR is not meant to provide you with an exceptional boost in your Hiding skill. Conceptually, even an invisible person will leave obvious tells if he is terrible at sneaking around -- foot prints in the mud, disrupting the bushes as he pushes through, unfortunate odors and so on."

In other words, Harry Potter even with his cloak of invisibility must make an effort to not draw attention to himself by breathing heavily, bumping objects and/or otherwise not being stealthy. Invisibility merely allows him to move freely without drawing immediate notice.

>>3. Stealth is already taking some major hits in the combat departmnt without nerfing one of the best escape and/or first strike abilities there is.

I'm... sorry? But there's really no good reason why an ability should be able to flat out ignore what should be a skill check. This is a global philosophy and isn't just applicable to stealth.

>>4. With all due respect here Leilond, I think people are a bit tired of this crusade against stealth you seem to be on.

I call out imbalances to systems where I see them, nothing more. Not once have I heard you say that negating a skill check is not fair. All I have heard is "Stop trying to nerf my ability!" which is an understandable knee-jerk reaction; however, I would ask that you try to consider this from an overall balance perspective. Who wouldn't use an ability that negated all skill checks? And who are the ones who are screwed because they cannot utilize said ability?

What is the problem with having to have actual skill in order to get past someone's Perception?

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 03:30 PM CDT
Just two aspects that jumped out at me, having no particular horse in this race:

>>So, basically you wouldn't use the ability just because someone with more Perception ranks than you have Hiding/Stalking ranks would be able to see you

To be realistic about it, as a Moon Mage, he wouldn't use the ability if it was just a stealth buff, because if that's all it were, it wouldn't exist under the magic 3.0 paradigm. Shadows is already a stealth buff for MMs, it would make RF completely redundant, along with several abilities/spells for Thieves and Rangers.

>>And who are the ones who are screwed because they cannot utilize said ability?

Nobody, really. Anybody except Barbarians can use invis rings, and even Barbarians can use invis cloaks, so it's not an ability that anybody is locked out of. If everybody has access to it, it does possess some degree of balance.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 03:43 PM CDT
"You're getting a bonus to skill with the spell so that justifies the slot."

You're getting a bonus that has been scaled to take into account that the primary purpose of invisibility is not to bonus stealth.

Turning any guild's invisibility ability into a hiding buff is also redundant for every single guild that has one.

So no, a slot is not justified.

">>invisibility functioning only as a 1-3 sec RT deduction isn't worthwhile."

"Well if you compare it to when you first start out, it's a 5-6 second roundtime for a new character"

Which scales down to min RT with well under 200 ranks. 140ish if you're correct. That is not a significant span and is certainly not justification for an ability.

Also, Invisibility is organically available to four guilds, Moonmages, Rangers, Thieves and Necros.

I know for sure that Rangers and Thieves and I'm fairly sure Necros, can already stalk with no RT. So for three guilds invisibility would be absolutely nothing and for one guild it would save them 2 seconds of sneak RT. To even have invisibility at that point would be ridiculous.

-Serc

Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 03:50 PM CDT
>>To be realistic about it, as a Moon Mage, he wouldn't use the ability if it was just a stealth buff, because if that's all it were, it wouldn't exist under the magic 3.0 paradigm. Shadows is already a stealth buff for MMs, it would make RF completely redundant, along with several abilities/spells for Thieves and Rangers.

To be fair, it would be redundant if all it did was provide a Stealth bonus.

However, that isn't what makes Invisibility so special. Invisibility gives you the potential to instantly act on an opponent that doesn't see you from entering into the room. It also potentially allows you the flexibility to perform various actions unhindered while remaining unseen, which is much more than the mundane Stealth system allows.

Whether or not all of these benefits is worth a spell slot to someone is totally up to that individual; however I will still state that automatically bypassing skill checks is a bad precedent to let exist in a skill based game. Just like I am satisfied with the GM's judgement to nerf the Vocals contest within Screams, I hope they will make good judgement when considering how Invisibility works in the new system.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 03:55 PM CDT
>>I know for sure that Rangers and Thieves and I'm fairly sure Necros, can already stalk with no RT. So for three guilds invisibility would be absolutely nothing and for one guild it would save them 2 seconds of sneak RT. To even have invisibility at that point would be ridiculous.

You should read all of the posts. I'll quote the bit of information that everyone seems to gloss over.

The 0 RT sneak between rooms only applies inside of towns [for Thieves, and outside of towns for Rangers] and must be done from a hidden status. I am under the assumption that a [Thief or Ranger's] invisibility would let them pass between rooms [both inside and out of towns] with 0 RT. Also, invisibility grants the user the ability to perform many maneuvers that would otherwise bump said user out of the hidden status, such as SEARCHing(You cannot SEARCH while remaining hidden but you can SEARCH while remaining invisible).

Also, Invisibility automatically refreshes itself so it acts as a pulsing auto-hide, also requiring 0 RT. This auto-hide even happens when you're immobile, stunned or unconscious. That is yet another benefit to Invisibility over plain hiding which is quite substantial and has saved my life many times.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:01 PM CDT
">>Serc

So, basically you wouldn't use the ability just because someone with more Perception ranks than you have Hiding/Stalking ranks would be able to see you. Because of this, the spell would no longer be worth a spell slot to you. This is your justification of calling something "stupid". I can understand that."

No, I called it stupid because at the point you would have it the ability just needs to go away. It wouldn't do enough to be worth while.

"Personally, I would totally still use the spell because I know my Stealth ranks are high enough that I would be able to get around people without them noticing me anyway. But, that's just me."

Is this an insinuation that my argument is sour grapes over not having trained stealth and is therefor just whining?

Hiding: 542 98%
Stalking: 540 60%

In a general setting in most provinces, I can hide from and sneak past most people. I still think your idea is stupid.

-Serc

Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:04 PM CDT
What I don't get is why you want a passive ability to spot people moving around while invisible based on your perception.

If you're that concerned about it you can find them by actively looking with search and then pointing. You <b>should<b> have to actively use those ranks.

AND

You have Eye of Kertigen that can pulse and pull people out of inviso/hiding.

It's the pot calling the kettle black. You want perception ranks to do everything without having to do anything, yet we want invisibility to allow stealthy movements without insane ranks.

I understand it's important to make those hard earned ranks worthwhile, but playability and enjoyment really do need to stay at the forefront. Unfortunately I think that's an issue GMs and players both have forgotten.

-Coralin

Cierzen whispers to your group, "I'm stone sober and the dragon isn't pink so I kind of think this is real."
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:12 PM CDT
"You should read all of the posts. I'll quote the bit of information that everyone seems to gloss over."

I don't refresh the thread while I am composing a post. You posted that after the post I was replying to.

"The 0 RT sneak between rooms only applies inside of towns [for Thieves, and outside of towns for Rangers"

and in those other areas it's 1 second. Lets not play up the value of 1 second.

"Also, Invisibility automatically refreshes itself so it acts as a pulsing auto-hide, also requiring 0 RT. This auto-hide even happens when you're immobile, stunned or unconscious."

No it doesn't. Invisibility is what you get from a ring or a polo cloak.

Guild spells or abilities compliment that invisible status in different ways to different degrees and those are the particulars of a spell or ability.

-Serc

Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:14 PM CDT
>The 0 RT sneak between rooms only applies inside of towns and must be done from a hidden status.

That doesn't negate what I said, and to be fair I use invis about 90% of the time in town to avoid guards and people who are looking for me. So yes, Thieves can do this already as I said and it ould make the ability rather useless. The need to use invis out of town rarely comes up, mostly in spars etc.

>False. I will re-quote Armifer

As will I, only I will quote the part that you left out.

>As Leilond (I honestly find it funny that you left this out) pointed out, the point of invisibility is dramatically increased mobility. It's the possibility of being "in stealth" while running full stop up a road. Being supernatural powers, invisibility also "reforms" after being pointed out to simulate that while it's possible to track an invisible person that has been brought to your attention, the act does not actually stop the target from being invisible.

Meaning the point is exatly what I said it was.

>I'm... sorry? But there's really no good reason why an ability should be able to flat out ignore what should be a skill check. This is a global philosophy and isn't just applicable to stealth.

If this were globl, applied to ALL abilities I would agree. However that is not not the case.

>I call out imbalances to systems where I see them, nothing more

Over and over and over again? We get it, you want invis nerfed and you have been asking for it for a few weeks now every chance you get. I (along with a few others) strongly disagree with you and we are going to be just as vocal in the abilities defense as you are in regards to it's demise.

>What is the problem with having to have actual skill in order to get past someone's Perception?

It has been said that post 3.0 perception will gain bonuses (or stealth negatives) for multiple search attempts, taking the "actual skill" and throwing it right the window.

-Reverend Gidien

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:18 PM CDT
>>What I don't get is why you want a passive ability to spot people moving around while invisible based on your perception.

Fair enough, you see the situation from the opposite side of the fence. That's actually a good way to look at it. That actually reminds me of the way the current RETREAT mechanics work. Let's use some examples to solidify our philosophies.

We'll start off with your idea of how invisibility should work. No one should be able to use their Perception ranks to spot someone in Invisibility unless they use the SEARCH verb.

So, I SEARCH and see a person in invisibility. After my 3 seconds of Roundtime are up, I try to POINT at that person so as to cancel his or her invisibility status. But nothing happens. Why? They have already fled from the room, and I now have no idea where they have gone because they are invisible.

So, now I must wander around aimlessly from room to room SEARCHing to find them, which yields 3 seconds of RT per room. This is compound by the fact that at any point during any of this roundtime they can instantly run into my room, ATTACK me, and then rinse repeat the situation. I hope you can see how this is a no-win situation on the part of the person doing the searching.

How then would you go about balancing this system?

I will leave you to answer that question and will now provide a simile using the current RETREAT mechanics which are going to be corrected with Combat 3.0.

Let's say I only use a melee weapon. I begin to advance on someone who uses a bow, and the moment I begin to advance on them they leave the room. I run from room to room looking to find them so I can begin advancing on them again, but the moment I do so they leave the room.

I repeat this process again and FINALLY manage to get to pole range on them, but because there is practically no skill check(it is negligible) to prevent them from retreating on me, they instantly retreat and vacate the room. I am unable to act on them in any way and all because there are no skill checks in place.

I trust you can draw the parallel :)

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:25 PM CDT
But there are ways around your retreat problem.

Scream at them, use a MB rune, snap a TM spell to stun and then advance. It's your fault you only train a melee weapon, just like it would be someone's fault for not training stalking or hiding or whatever.

It wouldn't be so horrible if searching pulled someone out of invisibility, but it should be a toggle. You can set it to either just search and leave them be or you can set it, based on your perception ranks, to pull them out when you search. The more ranks you have the more people you could potential pull out of hiding/inviso.

-Coralin

Cierzen whispers to your group, "I'm stone sober and the dragon isn't pink so I kind of think this is real."
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:29 PM CDT
I think it's worth keeping in mind that invisible doesn't mean "no one can see you ever" and it's more like what Predator can use.

So the untrained eye might not notice, but a trained eye would. Of course, a more developed Predator-invisibility might surpass that trained eye, unless a more trained eye came along.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:35 PM CDT
I'd almost rather have perception provide a huge boost to your defenses if someone uses a stealth attack against you.

Like you'd hear them knock their bow or draw their sword kinda deal and then that would cause you to be more on guard. It would only be reflective when they strike of course.

Oh how about we think of abilities or new things that would guard against all these things you dislike about invisibility.

Like a bardic enchantment that mimics sonar. Every so often it'll pulse and draw out mana or fatigue or something and give you a heads up. If you notice something you can pull them from hiding/inviso. You want it to pulse more it'll cost more mana or fatigue.

I guess I'm trying to say that we should look for balanced alternatives to spotting people rather than removing/hurting an already meager ability.

And while retreat has it's flaws it has to be the way it is. It isn't fair that a circle 10 character would be insta-dead because a 150th bard managed to type advance before they typed west.

-Coralin

Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 04:48 PM CDT
I appreciate you at least coming up with some alternatives to the current system Coralin :)

I really like your SEARCH/AUTO POINT idea.

__
~Leilond
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 05:14 PM CDT
Two things and I am done with this horse.

1. HUNT should have a shorter RT, allow stalking of those who are invis (it might already do this, I'm honestly not sure at the moment), and allow you to stalk down people who have moved out of the range. This woud greatly help the situation and allow the use of a check.

2. IMO every guild should have a spell or ability that will pull people from invis/hiding and it either pulses or makes invis/hiding harder/imposible for a period of time.

-Reverend Gidien

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 07:19 PM CDT
Khri silence is still ridiculously strong without the skill-check bypass.
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 07:59 PM CDT
First of all I just want to say that the last 30 posts in this thread belong in the stealth folder, not Moon Mages.

Secondly, invisibility really doesn't need yet another nerf so that's it's only useful to people who script combat 24/7. RF is already useless in invasions or hunting areas where high perception critters will just point you out constantly the nanosecond you walk into a room unless you DO have those high stealth ranks.

~ Pansophist Kougen

"Tell me thy company, and I'll tell thee what thou art." - Miguel de Cervantes
Re: Refractive Field 04/27/2011 11:03 PM CDT
At best, there was a slight off-topic wavering here. You guys are keeping it on the right side of borderline civility, but I wouldn't test that boundary too much further. I will not have too much of an issue with debates as long as they don't roll downhill.

Zairyche
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have questions or comments, please email me at (Mod-Zairyche@play.net) or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at (DR-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).
Re: Refractive Field 04/28/2011 08:39 AM CDT
>>At best, there was a slight off-topic wavering here. You guys are keeping it on the right side of borderline civility, but I wouldn't test that boundary too much further. I will not have too much of an issue with debates as long as they don't roll downhill.

Don't you know us moon mages always travel the edge.

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton