telekinesis 04/11/2010 03:41 PM CDT
I would really like to see an exploration of our powers of telekinesis. TKT and TKS rock, but it would be fun if our mind-over-matter powers showed up in more mundane ways as well. Here's an idea I had for a fun cantrip:

Telekinetic Manipulation
Chant the cantrip, then gesture. For a short duration afterwards (based on concentration, maybe?) , certain physical actions undergo a change in messaging to make it appear that the moon mage is manipulating objects with his/her mind.

Example:
"Moonmage drops his stem in a bucket of viscous gloop." could become "a stem leaps out of Moonmage's hand and flies through the air, settling in a bucket of viscous gloop."

I figure GET, PUT, WEAR, REMOVE (maybe OPEN and CLOSE) would be decent verbs for change in messaging. Really I'd like to be able to chant it and telekinetically garb myself for battle. That would be fun, and make me feel impressive. Also, getting food and drinks off of free carts. That way we can keep drinking long after we're too drunk to move (which is important for my fledgling little gypsy).

I have no idea what kind of coding nightmare it would take to set this up, but it would be a cool fluffy cantrip. It should definitely be a generic one, though, in my mind.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
Re: telekinesis 04/11/2010 04:20 PM CDT
I love this idea. Anything allowing us a nice bit of fluffy telekinesis would be cool.

As far as practical spells to add to TKT and TKS, I could see us getting a spell called something like "Telekinetic Boost." It would let us add the strength of our mind (telekinesis) to the strength of our body, the idea being that we are telekinetically enhancing things that require mundane strength. Maybe it would even specifically aid things like Climbing and Swimming, and open up more "heavy lifting" type fluff telekinesis. Not necessarily that useful, but I'd definitely get it.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: telekinesis 04/11/2010 06:48 PM CDT
I thought about a spell like that, too. It could also cause attacking and heavy actions to sap concentration instead of fatigue. Ultimately I decided that there was far too much that another telekinesis spell COULD do, so I just decided to go with the fluffy cantrip idea.
Re: telekinesis 04/11/2010 07:08 PM CDT
Perhaps a useful addition would be to allow us to "throw" deaders through a moongate.
Re: telekinesis 04/12/2010 12:41 PM CDT
>> Perhaps a useful addition would be to allow us to "throw" deaders through a moongate.

Or anyone else for that matter.

I DEMAND JUSTICE
alternatively, if there must be injustice, let it be in my favor
Re: telekinesis 04/12/2010 01:00 PM CDT
I support anything that will increase the relative strength of my weak little gnome. Thumbs up.

-Dihm
Re: telekinesis 04/12/2010 03:03 PM CDT
> > Perhaps a useful addition would be to allow us to "throw"
> > deaders through a moongate.

> Or anyone else for that matter.

While the prevalence of whiners makes it highly unlikely that solo tossing folks through a moongate will ever be implemented under any mechanic, I will definitely add my voice to those saying it would be a nifty thing to be able to do.
Re: telekinesis 04/12/2010 06:59 PM CDT
I've always loved the "Psychic Manipulation" feel of our spells. Mark me down as signatory.