sorcery corruption 05/20/2013 11:01 AM CDT
are there any plans to reset sorcery corruption when the spell preview ends. I accidentally cast one.
Re: sorcery corruption 05/21/2013 01:58 AM CDT
Maybe, though I'm not sure what form it would take. I don't like a full fledged amnesty but anything else might be hard to implement.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: sorcery corruption 05/21/2013 07:09 AM CDT
While I don't have a horse in this race, is full amnesty once, and once only, such a terrible system right now?

We are at a critical flux, where players have every spell open, rather than having to seek out specific corruptive ones. An entirely new system (corruption) was introduced, and needed to be tested, or players just wanted to test it since there was no current player consensus.

I believe the penalty for minimal tain is nonexistent, but still present, so I see why you'd be loathe to allow amnesty once, just as a precedent, but I'm of the mind it might be justified once.

Pants.
Re: sorcery corruption 05/29/2013 12:51 AM CDT
I think it should be done once too. I mean what happens if someone wanted to cast TS but accidentally typed TV but didn't notice they did the wrong letter. Since everyone knows every spell, I see that as an honest mistake...

Instead of say after the preview, when then someone will have to take the conscious effort to find a scroll, study it, and then cast. So if that person "accidentally" casts TV after the preview, it was their fault in the first place for taking the effort to learn the spell.

So I see an amnesty should be allowed once the preview is over. Maybe just to be safe, you can tie it to only those with the most minimal corruption status. So anyone with excessive corruption wouldn't be applicable to the amnesty.

-Crystal Soul Killashandrea

Don't mess with a "killa".
Re: sorcery corruption 05/29/2013 11:47 AM CDT
I'd be inclined to think that TS is unintentional rather than TV.

-Artificer Nilassa

You notice Kssarh trying to remain hidden while speaking.
You hear the voice of Kssarh say, "Slackers."
Re: sorcery corruption 05/29/2013 01:29 PM CDT
I just had a thought re: resetting corruption. In reality, if corruption is reset it won't really take all that long for any real sorcerer to acquire it again. IF you were going to reset corruption I imagine a blanket reset vs selecting those with minimal corruption or with only a few casts or whatever are probably going to have pretty similar results. The notable exception, being, that some people who want to use teleologic spells might night be able to find the right scrolls in a timely fashion, but that is a separate issue.
Re: sorcery corruption 07/29/2013 10:49 PM CDT
Reset divine outrage too!

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.