Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/18/2019 01:32 PM CST
With Enchanting finally given a date to hit DRT, what does this spell for Moon Mage Enchanting?

Will it just be an additional set of mechanics/enchants that rely on the Enchanting ability and continue as is?
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/18/2019 05:04 PM CST
Somehow I missed this announcement. Could you tell me what folder it's in?

> With Enchanting finally given a date to hit DRT, what does this spell for Moon Mage Enchanting?

I believe it will go away in its present form, but some of the enchantments are slated to carry over into new Enchanting.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/18/2019 05:13 PM CST
It hasnt been announced officially yet, so I'd suggest mildly that we all wait until it been officially posted (wink)
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/18/2019 05:14 PM CST
>> Somehow I missed this announcement. Could you tell me what folder it's in?

You haven't missed anything on the forums. Lyneya mentioned this (and a few other nuggets) on Discord last Thursday, with a promise to follow-up with an actual post sometime this week.

- I
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/18/2019 05:18 PM CST
Still good news. Thank you two for the replies.

~ Vanxa

Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/21/2019 08:18 PM CST
I spoke with Kodius regarding this, and here's where we stand with MM Enchanting in the brave new world.

Moon Mage specific enchanting will be turned off when general enchanting goes live. How this will look precisely is still being worked out, but the precedent that guild-specific crafting makes way for the global system is going to be upheld.

Burins will auto-convert to the new system. Old sigil books will not convert to the new system, you'll need to purchase new ones (the concept of what a sigil is has been broadened and changed significantly anyway).

Most enchantments, even Lunar themed, will be available to anyone with sufficient skill to create. In particular, gweths and gwethsmashers will be craftable by anyone with sufficient skill (though gwethsmashers retain the 1-week cooldown per creation). There are plans for guild-specific enchantments, and one of those for Moon Mages will be Astral Guide.

I take full responsibility for the decision to open up gweth* to everyone, any hate for it should be directed my way instead of his.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/21/2019 09:11 PM CST
As I remember, Artificing will be the first form of Enchanting, which would mean cambrinth items will be in the first release. Could you tell me if that's correct?

~ Vanxa

Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/22/2019 05:54 PM CST
Good to know and fair approach imo.

Will we ultimately be able to make prediction tools? That would be really slick (looking forward to tokka re-development someday followed by making my own deck heh).

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/22/2019 09:36 PM CST
>Will we ultimately be able to make prediction tools?

I haven't heard anything in a while, but that was the plan back when Crafting was getting started.

Most of our tools could probably be put into Engineering. Tokka and charts might take some thought, although some form of wood pulp for primitive cardboard or stiff paper could work.

~ Vanxa

Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/28/2019 10:00 AM CST
As long as Gaharzen are a moon mage specific enchant I'll be happy.

"An' I'm learnin' 'ere in London what the ten-year soldier tells; If you've 'eard the East a-callin', you won't never 'eed naught else. No! you won't 'eed nothin' else"

Re: Enchanting vs Enchanting 02/28/2019 10:50 AM CST

I hope they're created as well, should be a nice 1-2 punch to follow up with after a glass orb!

-Nsar