Replacement Guild Ability 09/04/2017 08:15 PM CDT
Are there any ideas for a guild ability to give Moonies once Enchanting is released as a crafting system?
Re: Replacement Guild Ability 09/04/2017 09:05 PM CDT
This is going to sound snarky, but it's not. The MM guild will probably get the same replacement that other guilds have gotten; either a guild-specific 'thing', or simply nothing.

More guilds were supposed to have guild specific 'things' but Kodius has had his life rear its ugly head.

Typically this type of guild perk MMs have is replicated with free techs, which I think MMs have for enchanting?
Re: Replacement Guild Ability 09/04/2017 09:23 PM CDT
Moonmages aren't going to get anything as a deliberate replacement for enchanting. If you have some ideas for a system to be developed for MMs, by all means suggest it. But it will be considered on its own merits, independent of enchanting.
Re: Replacement Guild Ability 09/04/2017 11:17 PM CDT

I'm guessing that moon mage guild abilities aren't high on the priority list since they already have predictions, likely the most powerful and intricate guild ability in the game. Add to this cantrips, backtrace, high sorcery, astral travel, time sense, and sects.

I don't think you could expect to be built in the next decade even if they were of interest. Look at what has already been planned. Bard abilities were announced in 2011. The crowd system, also heavily slanted towards bards, was announced in what, 2015? Trader magic in 2014, let alone useful abilities. Paladins still have no way to train their guild skill, which was aluded to in 2010. Necromancers still don't have transcendance or lichdom since their release 9 years ago. Slips were originally planned to be shared with each guild. 100th circle abilities were originally planned for each guild. That's not even touching the missing crafting systems as a whole, the missing major revamps such as the barrier review, or the gaps in the spellbooks.

I wouldn't say never, but I also wouldn't expect new systems for moon mages... ever. Maybe a new spell here and there, I highly doubt any guild (save maybe necros) will receive new abilities or complex systems all their own.
Re: Replacement Guild Ability 12/09/2017 09:45 PM CST
I'm a little late getting here.

Your points are well made, especially about the Paladins' guild skill.

Rather than expecting an entirely new system for Moon Mages, I'd be happy if we get bowls and Tokka back as Christmas presents. I've never used a bowl, and I've heard DC removes the penalty, but as G'nar Peth I would enjoy using my sect tool.

However, I suspect more widespread needs along with a GM wo/manpower shortage will override what affects such a small section of the player population, especially for what is mainly just RP flavor now.

~ Vanxa

You see Grazhir cracking open in one sharp movement.
The World Dragon emerges, roaring soundlessly.
It moves to sear Katamba to a lifeless black.
You see the night sky, filled with stars.