Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 01:46 AM CST
Was making some burins and found that you can no longer use imbue on angiswaerd teeth. It seems that the only way to make a burin from them is to use a yavash sigil now. I also tested this on some grey carapace slivers from grave worms and those can still be imbued fine.

Quick log with a tooth from a freshly skinned angiswaerd...

>prep imbue 90
That will disrupt about half your current attunement.
Smiling slyly, you murmur the words of the Imbue spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
>cast my tooth
You gesture at an angiswaerd tooth.
Something about the tooth causes the spell pattern to dissipate.
>
>focus tooth
You focus your magical senses on an angiswaerd tooth.
The angiswaerd tooth has no discernible magical pattern.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

~Sydnee
Re: Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 09:53 AM CST
Imbue hasn't changed since 2014 and nothing in the code is standing out as causing that (There's only a few things that can generate that message and none of the angiswaerd teeth I glanced at in game met the criteria).

Further:

>cast tooth
You gesture at an angiswaerd tooth.
The angiswaerd tooth twists and warps as if caught in a heat wave, then abruptly stops.

Is anyone else having this problem?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 10:14 AM CST
I tried to make a burin from poth tusks the other day since mine broke. I found that imbue wouldn't do anything on them so I had to go to Throne City to just buy burins.

I'm guessing that something happened with the crafting system in terms of skinned pieces to play with the new system and it is messing up the enchanting code.
Re: Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 10:19 AM CST
That was my guess too but no smoking gun.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 10:21 AM CST
Ah ha - I found it. It's not a retroactive thing.

I'll look into a fix.

-Raesh

Re: Angiswaerd tooth / Imbue issue 02/29/2016 11:07 AM CST
Great. Thanks for looking into it Raesh. Interesting that the imbue worked for you when you tried it. I tried to imbue quite a number of teeth before posting this, with no success.

~Syd