Making smashers 02/27/2016 11:53 AM CST
What are the skill requirements for re-materializing the object on the last step?

Right now I have:
Arcana 390
Lunar magic 450
Astrology 357
Mech 311
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:04 PM CST
You should be able to make one imo.

A year/two ago (before Raesh's latest set of changes, which I thought wouldn't affect this), I was able to re-materialize a gwethsmasher with the following skills

Arcana 366
Lunar magic 388
Astrology 263
Mech 197

BUT, I just tried to make a gwethsmasher today and my item keeps disappearing in the final step. Same messaging as a success.

So I don't know. I'm trying to see what I can test to make this work. Current idea, learn imbue and make a fresh enchantment.

I assume you're posting because your enchant failed? If not, it might be worth it to try.

Nikpack
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:12 PM CST
Have you crafted an astral guide recently? Is it possible you made a smasher recently and just forgot so the timer is kicking in?

Do you know both the Seer's Sense and Thoughtcast spells? Raesh just fixed a gwethsmasher creation bug re: knowing one spell but not the other but it might have reverted.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:23 PM CST
It was my first attempt to make a smasher and I've never made a guide. Maybe there is a random factor?
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:28 PM CST
<<Do you know both the Seer's Sense and Thoughtcast spells? Raesh just fixed a gwethsmasher creation bug re: knowing one spell but not the other but it might have reverted.

As for me: I know both Seer's and Thoughtcast. I've never made astral guides nor have I made a gwethsmasher recently on this character.

Nikpack
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:31 PM CST
What you were using as a base item for the smasher? I'm assuming you already went back over your log and made sure all the sigils stuck/activated/bonded and you got all the steps? I wouldn't expect RNG to be a factor as far as succeed/fail on the last step.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:55 PM CST
I've got both spells, will try again and see what happens.
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 03:56 PM CST
Sorry for the double post.

I used one of the warcat spiked leather collars just because it was handy.
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 04:20 PM CST
So success! The key is that using kyanite stone is easier than jaedite stones. Which makes sence; why should you be able to get a random 1-10 charge gwethsmasher and bypass the skillcheck kyanite-made ones.

Same skills as I posted before:

Trying with Jaedite Stones

>prep unleash 40
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You raise your head skyward, chanting the equation of the Unleash spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast my razor
>
You gesture at a bronze razor.
A pulsing glow of iridescent light brightens the razor.
The interplay of energy between the Scorpion sigil and the other two reacts violently to the spell!
The razor disintegrates in a flash of white light! When the flash subsides, you are left holding a small and violently swirling cloud of light.
>put j stone in light
You carefully hold some jadeite stones above the swirling light in your other hand and lower it in. Upon contact, the light coalesces into an opaque, roaring vortex that completely engulfs the stones! Seconds later the light dims once more and the stones have vanished.
Mottled green wisps appear in the light and quickly grow to become the dominant color.

You sense that the disintegrated object has absorbed enough material from the gwethdesuan stones to power the enchantment. Bringing your will to bear upon the light, you attempt to force it to reform.
Roundtime: 14 sec.
R>
Unable to muster the skill to reintegrate the object, you feel the energy slip away entirely.
A bright swirling light lets out a soft sigh as it slows, dims, and finally dissipates.

Trying with Kyanite Stones

>get razor from haver
You get a bronze razor from inside your cotton haversack.
>get k stone
>
You get some kyanite stones from inside your cotton haversack.
>prep unleash 40
>
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You raise your head skyward, chanting the equation of the Unleash spell.
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast my razor
You gesture at a bronze razor.
A pulsing glow of iridescent light brightens the razor.
The interplay of energy between the Scorpion sigil and the other two reacts violently to the spell!
The razor disintegrates in a flash of white light! When the flash subsides, you are left holding a small and violently swirling cloud of light.
>put stone in light
You carefully hold some kyanite stones above the swirling light in your other hand and lower it in. Upon contact, the light coalesces into an opaque, roaring vortex that completely engulfs the stones! Seconds later the light dims once more and the stones have vanished.
Blue and grey wisps appear in the light and quickly grow to become the dominant color.

You sense that the disintegrated object has absorbed enough material from the gwethdesuan stones to power the enchantment. Bringing your will to bear upon the light, you attempt to force it to reform.
Roundtime: 14 sec.
R>
Using the techniques you learned with the Thoughtcast spell, you focus on a mental image of the light's previous form, so vivid and detailed that you can feel its weight pressing against the palm of your hand. With a supreme act of will you impose this image upon the light, forcing the wild energy to reintegrate into a bronze razor.

Nikpack
Re: Making smashers 02/27/2016 04:28 PM CST
That would explain it. I used J stones on my first one. Good job catching that.