Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 09:38 PM CDT
Did enchanting get harder? I recenlty came back and found it incredibly difficult to scribe sigils for the invis ring enchant. With 250 mech / 330 astro / 450 Arcana I didn't expect to be failing 5+ times before succeeding. I had up CV, AUS and ART.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 09:56 PM CDT
Some aspects of enchanting got much harder, yes.

This link may be super useful for you?
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/What%27s_New

Raesh - "Moon Mages see stars when they do it."
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 10:15 PM CDT
While that link was Super useful, I didn't see anything about enchanting difficulty changes, and I find the Wiki pages on Encahnting to be pretty sparse (probably because it's in process to be completely rewritten)
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 10:34 PM CDT
The new enchanting craft is yet to come out. The best page for moon mage enchanting I suspect you already have.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Moon_Mage_Enchanting

Otherwise I'm afraid anything more specific on difficulties may be PAFO, unless hopefully someone else can respond with their own experiences. I do know that enchantments I could do easily before the conversion were much harder afterwards and took me several tries to complete successfully (like scribing the second sigil for garden's vision.)

Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 11:03 PM CDT
Hmm. This is actually the first I'm hearing of this. (can't fix the bugs if I don't see reports for them! Or if I didn't notice them in the thousands of bugs reports we've had over the years...)

Anyhow - looks like the scribe verb was never updated for skills 3.0, so it wasn't factoring in your ranks in Astrology. That should be fixed now.

Please let me know if you encounter any other problems.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 11:11 PM CDT
>>Anyhow - looks like the scribe verb was never updated for skills 3.0, so it wasn't factoring in your ranks in Astrology. That should be fixed now.

Yay, that explains so much. Thanks Raesh!
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/13/2015 11:14 PM CDT
Vahlissa and I were testing enchantments out back for this thread. I guess I just figured it was working as intended due to all the stuff going on at the time. Silly me!

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Enchantment%20System%20and%20Other%20Magical%20Items/thread/1554297

Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 12:34 AM CDT

>> Anyhow - looks like the scribe verb was never updated for skills 3.0, so it wasn't factoring in your ranks in Astrology. That should be fixed now.

Err. Weren't people making gwethsmashers this whole time?

Also I just scribed two 50 page scorpions onto a sigilbook and also scribed the first 3 sigils on a gwethsmasher.

Hmmm.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 12:36 AM CDT

>> Also I just scribed two 50 page scorpions onto a sigilbook and also scribed the first 3 sigils on a gwethsmasher.

Just as in like 4 days ago.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 01:39 AM CDT
>> Anyhow - looks like the scribe verb was never updated for skills 3.0, so it wasn't factoring in your ranks in Astrology. That should be fixed now.

> Err. Weren't people making gwethsmashers this whole time?

> Also I just scribed two 50 page scorpions onto a sigilbook and also scribed the first 3 sigils on a gwethsmasher.

There's no contradiction. They and you were succeeding despite having effectively 0 Astrology, because you were compensating for it with the other skills.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 02:42 AM CDT
Arcana makes up the bulk of the skill check in scribing - but having effectively no ranks in astro sure wasn't helping.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 03:50 AM CDT

Reply Reply
>> Arcana makes up the bulk of the skill check in scribing - but having effectively no ranks in astro sure wasn't helping.

Ahh. thats funny. Gogo uber Arcana!
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 12:31 PM CDT
Is dipping J/K stones in oil Mech? I recently discovered I could no longer complete this step and wonder if it is related to my converting mech to another crafting skill.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 12:44 PM CDT
>>Is dipping J/K stones in oil Mech? I recently discovered I could no longer complete this step and wonder if it is related to my converting mech to another crafting skill.

I'm reasonably certain it is. I think I stopped having issues around 150-200 ranks in mech
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 01:48 PM CDT

>> Is dipping J/K stones in oil Mech? I recently discovered I could no longer complete this step and wonder if it is related to my converting mech to another crafting skill.

I was recently talking to a moon mage in game and she was shocked to discover I had transferred my mech. Apparently it has a lot of hooks in the enchanting system still.

Whoops.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 01:54 PM CDT
>>I was recently talking to a moon mage in game and she was shocked to discover I had transferred my mech. Apparently it has a lot of hooks in the enchanting system still.

I've been working to catch mine back up as I made the conversion a few days before I decided I wanted to get back into enchanting.

Whoops indeed.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 02:03 PM CDT
I think it's just Burin creation and dipping stones. Don't think mech factors into anything else, but those two are pretty important.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 02:03 PM CDT
Gah, and attaching stones of course.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 02:58 PM CDT
>I think it's just Burin creation and dipping stones. Don't think mech factors into anything else, but those two are pretty important.

I made up a half dozen burins without any problem with less than 135 mech.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 03:07 PM CDT
For what it's worth, I made my first burin at 100 mech years and years ago, so that's about right.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 04:41 PM CDT

I'd be more concerned with some of the high level enchantments not getting as a many charges such as astrals and gwethsmashers.
Re: Returning after 2 years 07/14/2015 06:37 PM CDT
>>I'd be more concerned with some of the high level enchantments not getting as a many charges such as astrals and gwethsmashers.

I wouldn't worry about that, those are all more Arcana / Astro