Gwethsmasher question 07/09/2015 11:46 AM CDT
This seemed like the best place to ask this:

Player A is a moonie with thoughtcast on her/himself so they can think and hear thoughts as if wearing a j and k gweth. They annoy Player B who is wearing actual j and k gweths.
Player B uses a gwethsmasher on Player A within 10 seconds of their last gweth thought.

What happens? Player A does not have a gweth to break or disable but they did "gweth".

What would happen if both players are moonies with thoughtcast and no physical gweths?
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/09/2015 12:36 PM CDT
If you happen to be wearing gweths and crystal rings as a moon mage and get smashed they'll break, you cast thoughtcast and can immediately go right back to using the gweth network.

If you're wearing permagweths as a moon mage and get smashed they'll get shut down for however long a permanent gweth gets shut down from smashing but you can cast thoughtcast and immediately be reconnected to the gweth network.

If you aren't wearing gweths and using thoughtcast and get smashed it does nothing but burn a smasher charge. You might actually have to recast thoughtcast but I don't remember if that's necessary or not. I do know you can immediately recast thoughtcast and it's business as usual.

Gwethsmashing range is extremely short ranged (it won't work if the thoughts you're hearing are faint) so you'd have to close on them and slay them or otherwise tank their concentration if you want to shut them up.

Dragonrealms needs more offensive concentration draining enchantments, spells and abilities.

Basically a gwethsmasher is just a gweth smasher. Doesn't smash anything but the physical broadcasting unit.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/09/2015 12:58 PM CDT
Good to know. Thanks.
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 02:40 AM CDT

>> Dragonrealms needs more offensive concentration draining enchantments, spells and abilities.

Go say Hi to Raikage. That thief move drains my concentration to zero and keeps it at zero for about 5 minutes. And I have 400 concentration. :(
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 11:26 AM CDT
More spells abilities and enchantments in addition to ambush clout.

Have you ever tried using mental focus to combat it? No clue if that would make a difference.

Protective or warding spells/enchantments against concentration attacks would be nice too. (and make astral travel easier for moon mages with lower concentration)

Vote:
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 12:39 PM CDT

>> More spells abilities and enchantments in addition to ambush clout.

>> Have you ever tried using mental focus to combat it? No clue if that would make a difference.

Haven't tried mental focus, doubt it would help. I believe its mostly a product of the SvS contest, even though I have 100s in wis/int. Then against I'm not sure what the contest is. But regardless he outclasses me by a very large degree.

And I think there a couple spells that sort of do this. Huldahs pall? Idon's theft maybe. But I agree, concentration reducing spells would be nice. However, I don't think they are remotely balance because sapping concentration completely detroys any chance of casting at the moment. Which seems a bit overpowered.
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 02:04 PM CDT
>Haven't tried mental focus, doubt it would help. I believe its mostly a product of the SvS contest, even though I have 100s in wis/int.

Granted I don't play a thief but epedia says ambush clout is Finesse vs Willpower.

A combination of Mental Focus/IOTS might give you enough disc/int/wis to resist or at least not be completely overwhelmed. (if that's even possible with how ambush checks work)

or

A combination of Wisdom of the Pack/IOTS or Divine guidance/IOTS.

Vote:
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 02:37 PM CDT
>> A combination of Mental Focus/IOTS might give you enough disc/int/wis to resist or at least not be completely overwhelmed. (if that's even possible with how ambush checks work)

Absolutely. But not against Raikage. Completely losing a finesse vs will to such a degree with 75/100/100 in the relevant stats means I have a long way to go.

Finesse is reflex/agility/intel. I imagine thieves can boost both reflex and agility so I'd probably need 100/100/100 plus boosters on all 3 stats. Plus I believe attackers get a bonus.

Haha, anyways not a fairy comparison! Would need to test with a regular thief.
Re: Gwethsmasher question 07/11/2015 07:59 PM CDT
Does Psychic Shield help against "vs. Willpower" like it says on the wiki? Have you tried that?