Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/14/2014 04:56 PM CDT
I tried 6 times to solidify a shard and each time it dissolved.
I used as much as 6 casts of dazzle at 24 mana each on a yavash shard.
I also tried 3 casts of shadows at 40 mana each on a katamba shard.

Any chance we could get this activated again? It would be nice to be able to drop beams on friends without having to shift the beams around and create astral guides.
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/14/2014 07:13 PM CDT
<<Any chance we could get this activated again? It would be nice to be able to drop beams on friends without having to shift the beams around and create astral guides.

It was turned on by Raesh just a few days ago if you look for the thread. I seem to recall it taking a lot more than just 3 casts of 40 each, however. Are you charging it with enough mana?
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 09:07 AM CDT
That's the gwethsmashers was turned back on a few days ago.

I was charging the shard with twice at 12 mana each while waiting for dazzle to prep and did 3 charges at 12 mana each when waiting for shadows to prep.
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 09:40 AM CDT

Raesh has also been working on beacons. I can confirm you can finish the enchantment, although with 600 attunement I often strain my mana management to finish one
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 10:08 AM CDT
<<That's the gwethsmashers was turned back on a few days ago.

He does have the capability of doing more than one thing.

He in fact did fix crystal shard creation, although there were a couple of hiccoughs along the way. I suggest finding the thread and reading it.

My guess is you simply aren't putting enough mana into it relative to the amount you are casting at it.

IIRC when you charge the shard you add mana to its temporary pool. When you cast a spell at it you remove that amount of mana from the shard's temporary pool and convert it to its permanent pool. The temporary pool is also constantly draining at a not-so-slow rate. Once you have converted enough temporary pool into permanent pool then the shard solidifies. If your temporary pool ever drops below a certain threshold (this is not necessarily zero, although it's not far from it if not) then the shard collapses. A good rule of thumb if you find you aren't successful is to charge twice the amount of each cast you put in which should more than account for the loss from the drain over time.
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 12:05 PM CDT
Alright... as far as creating the shard, I was able to create them easily; however, they are more mana intensive than they used to be, and they were really bad then. 1158 attunement, invoked shadowling and servant up, I can only get two shards created using the following simple script -- I have not tinkered with it lower, I may do that next -- however, the script was mandatory for me, I just couldn't seem to get the commands out fast enough before the shard dissipates -- Although, macros also might do the job, this was easier for me:

put prep fm 10
pause 6
put cast %1
pause 2
put prep imbue 20
pause 6
put cast
pause 1
put prep %2 60
put charge shard 15
pause 5
waitfor You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
put cast shard
pause
put prep %2 60
put charge shard 15
pause 5
waitfor You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
put cast shard
pause
put put shard in duf bag

%1 = Moon you're casting on, %2 = Dazzle/Shadows depending on the moon you're using
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 01:55 PM CDT
Anyone with an enchanting script for the beacons? I using genie if it matters. This script worked good, i just had to add another spell prep and charge shard.
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/15/2014 08:04 PM CDT
Just at a glance your charge to cast ratio seem out of whack which is likely why you're having problems.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Celestial Beacon/Beacon Shard 05/16/2014 10:23 AM CDT
I will have to run a few tests and see what the best ratio is for me since I can't cast dazzle at 60 mana and can't snap cast shadows that high either.