Sigilbook pages 06/26/2013 12:15 AM CDT
When READing a page in my sigilbook it says I have a "Foundation" sigil or some other type of sigil but it does not say what the sigil is. Is there any way to tell what is on a specific page without using up one of the STUDY uses of the page?
Re: Sigilbook pages 06/26/2013 12:31 AM CDT
>When READing a page in my sigilbook it says I have a "Foundation" sigil or some other type of sigil but it does not say what the sigil is. Is there any way to tell what is on a specific page without using up one of the STUDY uses of the page?

I'd guess you're failing the skillcheck to read that page if you aren't getting sigil info. Sigilbooks are much harder to read and use than loose sigil scrolls.

Here's what you should be seeing if you pass the skillcheck:

>read sigilbook

There appears to be an intricate drawing scribed onto the page.
Guiding your fingers across it, you are able to make out a Foundation sigil of the Ram, inscribed with average quality.
You notice the page will probably last for 50 more uses.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
Re: Sigilbook pages 06/26/2013 12:57 AM CDT
If its the first page, then it might be a bug. I know one of my books on the first page i think it was, it just says Foundation, and nothing is there. I know my skills pass the skill checks, as all the rest of hte pages are fine.
Re: Sigilbook pages 06/26/2013 08:35 PM CDT
It's every page I've put a sigil on.

What skills are being checked against and do you know the minimums to be able to read it properly?
Re: Sigilbook pages 06/26/2013 10:35 PM CDT
>What skills are being checked against and do you know the minimums to be able to read it properly?

Just a guess:

Scholarship, Arcana, Astrology to read.
Mech lore? Scholarship, Arcana, Astro to write.

No clue on the exact reqs or minimums. I used scrolls for a long time vs sigilbooks because single scrolls are much easier to read and write upon. Even though you only get a couple uses out of them (way too few uses imo - hope this changes once enchanting is a craft) it's very satisfying to make your own scrolls.
Re: Sigilbook pages 06/27/2013 10:29 AM CDT
>I used scrolls for a long time vs sigilbooks because single scrolls are much easier to read and write upon. Even though you only get a couple uses out of them (way too few uses imo - hope this changes once enchanting is a craft) it's very satisfying to make your own scrolls.

I agree. I've made a bunch of scroll myself (from Heggarangi Frogs). I got a sigilbook because I'm running out of room in my inventory and my vault is rather full too.