Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/28/2012 01:46 PM CST
Any chance, that if the process for creating Astral Guides remains close to what it is now(I am assuming astral guides remain an enchantable thing in 3.0), that when we align a mind to a destination (instead of attributes), the crystal could drain of color and be a white crystal? It'd make sorting through crystals much easier.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/28/2012 07:06 PM CST
I'm not sure if I like this idea. Doesn't a katamba shard aligned to Rolagi still boost speed like any other katamba shard? I think it does. I'd have to double check.
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/28/2012 07:28 PM CST
>>Doesn't a katamba shard aligned to Rolagi still boost speed like any other katamba shard?

Given what it says when you focus on them, I'd guess no.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/28/2012 07:51 PM CST
Here are the differences:

The mind has been imprinted with the essence of its own form.

The mind has been imprinted with the essence of the silvery-white shard Dor'na'torna.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 02:38 PM CST
Enchanting has always been an exercise in inventory management. Changing to white crystals will not alleviate that. What happens when you have 10 white crystals? I like having the option of my destination crystals being 1 of 3 colors.(my choice) It allows sorting them much easier. I won't explain any further because your posting history puts you in the category of "never helping you ever."
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 02:54 PM CST
>>Enchanting has always been an exercise in inventory management. Changing to white crystals will not alleviate that. What happens when you have 10 white crystals?

To go along with the last of your post, if you really think that it wouldn't help, you're a lot dumber than you look, and that's all that is really needed to respond to your post.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 03:12 PM CST
>>I'm not sure if I like this idea. Doesn't a katamba shard aligned to Rolagi still boost speed like any other katamba shard? I think it does. I'd have to double check.

Further testing. Note that all stats still seem to be at their base levels, with two minds put in.

You focus your magical senses on a silver brooch.
You recognize the delicate pattern of the Astral Guide enchantment.
It appears that the matrix is based on a Trine sigil of the moon Katamba, the moon Yavash and the moon Xibar.
You sense the enchantment is attuned to Xibar.
A latticework construct of Lunar energy holds multiple psychic patterns and connects them together in a single, overarching matrix.
The gestalt mind is completely lucid and has no mechanism to preserve its sanity. It reacts to its environment with glacial slowness and can manipulate its environment only with exhaustive effort.
Names are being whispered within the device: Mintais and Dor'na'torna.
The brooch lacks the esoteric spark of a truly intelligent mind. Any additional sigils scribed upon the brooch could, with incredible effort, be modified to bathe the device in celestial energy and hopefully catalyze the gestalt.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.

With one more mind (red-force). All three crystals were red.

You focus your magical senses on a silver brooch.
You recognize the delicate pattern of the Astral Guide enchantment.
It appears that the matrix is based on a Trine sigil of the moon Katamba, the moon Yavash and the moon Xibar.
You sense the enchantment is attuned to Xibar.
A latticework construct of Lunar energy holds multiple psychic patterns and connects them together in a single, overarching matrix.
The gestalt mind is completely lucid and has no mechanism to preserve its sanity. It reacts to its environment with glacial slowness and can manipulate its environment with a light amount of force.
Names are being whispered within the device: Mintais and Dor'na'torna.
The brooch lacks the esoteric spark of a truly intelligent mind. Any additional sigils scribed upon the brooch could, with incredible effort, be modified to bathe the device in celestial energy and hopefully catalyze the gestalt.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 03:29 PM CST
cool. i stand corrected. i'm just waiting for my crystal minds to stop cooking and then i'll do the same test and post.
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 05:01 PM CST

>> To go along with the last of your post, if you really think that it wouldn't help, you're a lot dumber than you look, and that's all that is really needed to respond to your post.

I was trying not to resort to personal attacks, but since you started it, you are an idiot. You couldn't even figure out how to make a celestial beacon, and you are trying to lecture me on crystal minds? Have you even actually created a single astral guide yet?
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/29/2012 05:17 PM CST
>>I was trying not to resort to personal attacks, but since you started it, you are an idiot. You couldn't even figure out how to make a celestial beacon

:psyduck: What in the name of all that's holy are you talking about.

Also, you should probably try to post from the same forum account? Or would that make it too hard for people to know who to ignore?

>>BRYCOLE83
>>DAENAR-DR

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/30/2012 06:35 PM CST
>> Also, you should probably try to post from the same forum account?

Whoops, on vacation. It doesn't really matter who posted what, the point stands. You toyed with astral guides for what, 1-2 days? And now you want to change the system when you haven't even had a chance to really use or understand it. Bad idea.
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/30/2012 07:19 PM CST
>>Whoops, on vacation. It doesn't really matter who posted what, the point stands. You toyed with astral guides for what, 1-2 days? And now you want to change the system when you haven't even had a chance to really use or understand it. Bad idea.

Says the person who made their first, what, 9 days ago? Stop trying to pretend like you've been making them forever, you just look foolish.

In addition, you shouldn't speculate: I made one or two quite a while ago (over a year) when I still played my moon mage regularly. Didn't really like the going insane portion of them, so I didn't really make anymore. Gwethsmashers were a better use of the timer at the time. I decided to try them out again after the recent changes.

Still waiting for you to post something that isn't 100% crazy. Although I do thank you for posting under DAENAR-DR, I know not to hold my breath.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/30/2012 08:56 PM CST
>> Grim45

The only one who looks foolish is you. Your hyper aggressive posts and calling everyone stupid/idiot/etc/whatever other flavor you choose for the day make that very clear. I shouldn't have involved myself in your delusional postings. I'll try to remember next time.
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/31/2012 05:00 AM CST
>>The only one who looks foolish is you. Your hyper aggressive posts and calling everyone stupid/idiot/etc/whatever other flavor you choose for the day make that very clear.

Right. Coming from the person who started the (passive-)aggressive post in this thread.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Astral Guides (Crystal Mind) 12/31/2012 08:33 AM CST
Yep. I just got done testing too. You were right. Location shards dont contribute to other aspects.