First Astral Guide! 12/20/2012 01:47 AM CST
I finally took the plunge and made my first astral guide! It was a long journey (lost one of my sigilbooks!) but it is finally over. It took about 10 days with all the research I needed and sigil gathering and then actually making the minds/guide.

It was a GREAT experience and very fulfilling. I highly recommend everyone take a stab at it.

I managed to place 1 besoge, 1 rolagi, 2 sanity(blue), 2 speed(red), 1 force(black.) I was unable to place an 8th crystal.

This is the final messaging which is pretty epic.

R> scribe torque
You carefully scribe the sigil of the constellation of The Hare upon the bronze torque with your burin.
With great skill, you set the sigil directly within the magical matrix. The torque absorbs the energy of the Hare.
The torque twists and shudders as it tries to expel the built up charge of celestial energy!
You are able to force the charge to remain in the torque with a supreme act of will! The torque twists with a primal urgency as long moments pass and the celestial energy merges with the psychic patterns within the matrix. With a scream that echoes in the walls of your mind, the torque forcefully expels the energy, but not before the transformation is complete.
Impulses flow between the psychic patterns with incredible speed, while a vibrant sense of pain and confusion emanates from the torque. What once held a simple construct of energy now holds a single, waking mind.

The effort of creating an Astral Guide was incredibly taxing, you do not believe you will be able to do that again for many days.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.

> focus torque

You focus your magical senses on a twisted bronze torque.
You recognize the delicate pattern of the Astral Guide enchantment.
It appears that the matrix is based on a Trine sigil of the moon Katamba, the moon Yavash and the moon Xibar.
You sense the enchantment is attuned to Katamba.
A latticework construct of Lunar energy holds multiple psychic patterns and connects them together in a single, overarching matrix.
The gestalt mind is completely lucid and has a nearly indominable personality. It reacts to its environment quickly and can manipulate its environment with an incredible amount of force.
Names are being whispered within the device: Rolagi and Besoge.
The torque is fully aware. The Astral Guide can be awakened by raising it up and performing a simple ritual.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/21/2012 02:53 PM CST
Congratulations on your first guide. But unless I am mistaken then
katamba = speed
xibar = sanity protection
yavash = force
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/21/2012 03:12 PM CST
>> Congratulations on your first guide. But unless I am mistaken then
>> katamba = speed
>> xibar = sanity protection
>> yavash = force

Ahh! You are right. What does force do anyhow?
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/21/2012 03:45 PM CST
Out of curiosity, what do those mean? Speed I get. But what is it the others do?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/25/2012 07:54 PM CST
>>Out of curiosity, what do those mean? Speed I get. But what is it the others do?

You know. i dont know. If i were betting, i'd guess
katamba = speed (how fast you move through the rooms)
xibar = sanity protection (odds of creating an insane and useless guide)
yavash = force (likelihood of hearing the correct direction)

These are just guesses. i honestly dont know. I was hoping someone smarter was going to chime in.
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/26/2012 09:54 AM CST
My guess (I stress "guess") has always been that sanity relates to number of charges, and force relates to the amount of Arcana the user needs to use the guide.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: First Astral Guide! 12/26/2012 12:22 PM CST

If I remember right, one of the stats either force of sanity protection influences the concentration hit you take while your using the guide.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.