Gweth making 11/29/2012 03:12 PM CST
Has anyone had any problems making gweths recently? I just made a few the other day (both k and j) and now can't even scribe the first sigil. I have no active predictions, aura sight, clear vision and piercing gaze up. I tried from the constellations and from my sigil book and it is nighttime.
Re: Gweth making 11/29/2012 07:29 PM CST

Haven't, no, but have you tried using a different burin? Long shot, that or your not scribing the sigil on a properly prepared item(I have no idea which step you are failing at)

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Gweth making 11/29/2012 08:24 PM CST
Nope, haven't tried using a different burin, I'll try that but I'm pretty sure it's the same burin I used before and I checked to make sure it still has "charges".

I'm failing at the very beginning, just scribing the Raven on the first stone. I've tried multiple area's and have no problem memorizing the Raven from constellation or sigilbook.
Re: Gweth making 11/29/2012 08:36 PM CST
Forgot to mention my lowest relevant skill for enchanting is mech which is just shy of 400 everything else is approaching 500 if not past that. Maybe my skills are too low? I tried with licking the bowl for a mech boost also.
Re: Gweth making 11/29/2012 10:50 PM CST
Mech has nothing to do with scribing sigils. The only time mech has any effect on enchanting is setting the gem on a burin, affixing the stones to the gweth chains (which sets the charges as far as I can tell) and dipping the stones in oil. Mech having anything to do with scribing sigils is an urban legend that I wish would die a horrible death. Which I guess will finally happen when mech splits. Yay!

It sounds like the stone you're scribing may already be magical/scribed so it's not taking the first step or your burin isn't completed. Post the messaging you're getting and someone can probably figure it out easier.
Re: Gweth making 11/30/2012 04:56 AM CST
Appreciate all the help!

I didn't know how sensitive the information is so I didn't want to post too much.

Lunar Magic: 556 35% learning (3/34)
Harness Ability: 568 27% thinking (5/34)
Power Perceive: 535 02% perusing (2/34)
Arcana: 551 01% thoughtful (4/34)
Astrology: 419 25% dabbling (1/34)
Mechanical Lore: 355 02% clear (0/34)

> predict analyze
The world around you fades from sight as you turn your gaze inward... but you detect no active predictions.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

> perc
Katamba and Xibar are dominant, while Yavash's influence is weak.
Moonlight Manipulation and Transduction spells are favored.
Your blue moonbeam should last about forty-one more roisaen or until Xibar sets.
Your red moonbeam should last about fifty more roisaen or until Yavash sets.
You sense the Aura Sight spell upon you, which should last for about four roisaen.
You sense the Shadows spell upon you, which should last for about eleven roisaen.
You sense the Clear Vision spell upon you, which should last for about five roisaen.
You sense the Ease Burden spell upon you, which should last for about four roisaen.

> focus my bur
You focus your magical senses on an oak-handled burin inset with a large crown-cut turquoise tip.
You recognize the delicate pattern of the Enchanter's Burin enchantment, which will stay intact for a large number of uses.
The energy matrix appears to have been installed with good magical craftsmanship.
It appears that the matrix is based on a Foundation sigil of the Spider.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.

> get my sig
You get a faded black leather-bound sigilbook from inside your dusty apron.
> open my sig
You carefully open your leather-bound sigilbook.
>
> read my sig
There appears to be an intricate drawing scribed onto the page.
Guiding your fingers across it, you are able to make out a Foundation sigil of the Raven.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
R>
R> study my sig
You study the page, attempting to grasp the sigil thereon.
You are able to memorize a Foundation sigil of the Raven, noticing in the process that the leather-bound sigilbook will be good for many more uses.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

> scribe my stone
You carefully scribe the sigil of the constellation of The Raven upon the kyanite stone with your burin.
The sigil fails to adhere and quickly dissipates.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.

I get the same "fails to adhere" with several different burins and whether I use my sigilbook or studying it in the sky at night. I crafted a few gweths a couple days ago easy, with around 50 charges each, both j and k. Those were crafted with my sigilbook during the day because I remember having to use my sigilbook.
Re: Gweth making 11/30/2012 08:10 AM CST
>>I get the same "fails to adhere" with several different burins and whether I use my sigilbook or studying it in the sky at night. I crafted a few gweths a couple days ago easy, with around 50 charges each, both j and k. Those were crafted with my sigilbook during the day because I remember having to use my sigilbook.

Do me a favor, Look at the stone and tell me what you see.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.
Re: Gweth making 11/30/2012 03:12 PM CST
>>Do me a favor, Look at the stone and tell me what you see.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. Thank you for all the help. I have no idea how all of my k stones became inscribed, but that was exactly the case.

Thank you again!