Dear Sugarbanana 12/13/2008 07:06 PM CST
I don't know if you read the boards, but your ridiculous name has urged me to post.

I personally don't think your name is appropriate and am embarrassed by your existence and association with the Moon Mage Guild. I know it "technically" doesn't violate any of the naming policies, but it's an eyesore and distracting to see an Elothean Moon Mage walking around with such a horrendous name.

I'd love for you to provide everyone with a well thought out and believable explanation for your character's name, but I doubt you can provide one. If you're up for the challenge, feel free and I'll be happy to back down.

Until then, I encourage everyone to report that you find the name disruptive to your roleplay environment and push for GM's to be a little harsher against downright stupid names.

-Coralin
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/14/2008 07:13 AM CST
I seen this one in who full the other day and about spit out my soda I was drinking I was in so much disbelief.

It's just... bad.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
Badtooth slips an ice pick in his spidersilk garter, tightening the ribbons securely below his knee.
>gasp bad
You gasp at Badtooth!
>wave shade
You fan yourself.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/14/2008 11:19 AM CST
dear coralin

qq

-Strk
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/14/2008 05:09 PM CST
Wow...pretty bad

-Marlowe
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/15/2008 01:30 PM CST
Sugarbanana is a pretty bad one, but lets not single her (her?) out. There are tons of stupid names. Hell, my name can be stripperfied quite easily.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/15/2008 07:33 PM CST
Stripperfication isn't the issue. It's sheer ridiculousness.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/18/2008 11:51 AM CST
As if it couldn't get any worse

You see Necrofelia, an Elven Commoner.
Necrofelia has pointed ears and dark eyes. Her black hair is short and fine, and is worn loose. She has smooth skin.
She is young for an Elf.
She is in good shape.

She is wearing a fringed doeskin jerkin, some cream leggings, a tiny wooden tree pin and a battered leather pack.

-Marlowe
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/18/2008 12:20 PM CST
Please take the discussion of bad names over to the Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players folders.

If we start just cataloging names we don't like this thread will never end.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/18/2008 09:04 PM CST
I think Annwyl will be most appreciative if we simply took that to the Anything But DR folder, just to dislodge the nefarious mind-worm of a thread there.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/18/2008 09:43 PM CST

Not so much.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/19/2008 03:35 PM CST
You know, I just reported the name Sugarbanana when I saw it, a GM told me thanks, and I never saw the name again. It might not always work, but it's a lot more effective than starting threads like this.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/20/2008 10:06 AM CST
I did report. They said they'd look into it and I continued to see the name for at least a week after. Hence the thread.

-Coralin
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/20/2008 07:46 PM CST
Haha, I just saw a Sugarapple or some liked derivative running around, i presume to spite you?

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 12/22/2008 12:14 AM CST
Clara: I'm Clara and my real name is Clara.

Vork: You use your real name for your Avatar?

Clara: Yeah, well I used to use an alias but then my kids picked it up and started calling me "Momma-natrix".

"The Guild" Season 1, Episode 4

Cydrik

I'd argue none of the current prediction tools are complex at all, merely written in Klingon. -- Armifer
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 01/16/2009 02:26 PM CST
I reported Sugarbanana twice and heard/saw no response.

Other silly names that are not appropriate I have seen in the last couple of months include Seacucumber, Tanned , and Skinz. Listed in order of offensiveness.
Re: Dear Sugarbanana 01/16/2009 02:53 PM CST
Please take the discussion of bad names over to the names forum.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
- Martin Luther King Jr.