Relayer 11/07/2008 10:11 AM CST
If yer gonna try to pick an actual fight with me, please don't egg me on with aggressive insults, and tell me to come get you, then go into an inn and hide, then log off when i get you located.

Its lame, cowardly, an ooc solution, and does not become you.

Yer a common cowid. Try seeing things through. It's more fun.

:oP Ragran
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 08:57 AM CST
Hmmmmmmmmm I seem to have hit a nerve here..........since when did roleplay involve tactics dictated
to by the other side? Seems rather Napoleonic to stand there and get wacked when outy gunned and out numbered.
There is a few sides to "warfare".
Its called Guerrilla tactics. Heres a good definition:

Guerrilla tactics are based on intelligence, ambush, deception, sabotage, and espionage, undermining an authority through long, low-intensity confrontation. It can be quite successful against an unpopular foreign or local regime, as demonstrated by the Vietnam conflict........or in this instance Idon raiders

Seems it effects ones enemy but causing confusion and anger, taking their minds off, or at least diverting their purpose. And it seems to be working.

Kinda like that annoying lil insect buzzin in yer ear that ya just cant swat

Have a nice day
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 09:41 AM CST
Logging to avoid a conflict counts as mech abuse. Grow a brain.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 10:35 AM CST
true I made a rather poor call of judgement to bring in another charactor...........

wont happen again
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 10:38 AM CST
<<Logging to avoid a conflict counts as mech abuse. Grow a brain.>>

qft

the logging after being located was the bad part - not the hiding. I haven't seen any "guerilla tactics" yet. Unless the Sandanistas can log into DR to avoid combatting their adversaries in the real world.

The rest is how i survive. cheap shots are okay.

Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves."
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 10:39 AM CST
bringing in another character to spy for you is fine. If they are on the same account it looks like yer avoiding conflict.

ok

Idon Raider

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves."
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 10:57 AM CST
<<true I made a rather poor call of judgement to bring in another charactor...........

<<wont happen again

And for once someone fessed up and admitted the wrong. I'm... shocked and a little impressed! What game am I playing again?

- Player of Foresee

Ingredients: 100% real emotion
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 12:24 PM CST
>>And for once someone fessed up and admitted the wrong.

If it's not getting reported, then the GMs aren't going to do something about it and therefore it's not against policy. Unless Ragran or someone in support of this interaction is going to, I don't see what the difference is.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 12:25 PM CST
<<If it's not getting reported, then the GMs aren't going to do something about it and therefore it's not against policy. Unless Ragran or someone in support of this interaction is going to, I don't see what the difference is.

This isn't a Zen koan. Logging off to avoid repercussions is against policy if its reported or not. Seriously, just go away.

- Player of Foresee

Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 03:01 PM CST
Logging during conflicts and bringing in alts are both cheap and horribly OOC.

Someone post character names plz.

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 05:33 PM CST
yer so hawt

Idon Raider

Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 07:21 PM CST
obnoxious snide and net lingo'd remarks aside, you only reveal your foolishness in responding negatively.

In a world created for the purpose of telling stories, mechanics abuse represents the equivalent of flipping to the end of the novel to see the ending, or tearing out pages that you don't agree with.

Resolve conflicts IC, it's at least 50% less fattening.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 07:27 PM CST
The thing is, he fessed up to it publicly on the forums and claimed he wouldn't do it again. In my eye that at least gives him another shot. Fool me once... oh come on, we all know where that phrase is going.

- Player of Foresee

Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 08:48 PM CST
>Fool me once... oh come on, we all know where that phrase is going.

Fool me can't get fooled again?

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Magus of the Compact

Ruea says in Ilithic, "At least you're very handsome. That makes the fact that you're always right far easier to live with"
Re: Relayer 11/08/2008 10:45 PM CST
"I wont get fooled again!" - Pete Townshend

Idon Raider

Re: Relayer 11/09/2008 02:14 AM CST
>>"I wont get fooled again!" - Pete Townshend
Good quote.

-Vaeyrin
Re: Relayer 11/10/2008 09:26 AM CST
"Fool me once... shame on... shame on you. Fool me, we can't get fooled again."

Ah yes, lesson in DR, lesson in life.