1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Stolas again... 09/12/2008 05:01 PM CDT
ya equating owning a Mac and owning a human being is silly

:oP Ragran
Re: Stolas again... 09/12/2008 05:44 PM CDT
Seriously?

I've heard some people say some stupid things in my life but equating the morality of owning human beings as slaves to owning a collection of Circuit boards that display pretty lights on a screen? You've managed to place in the top three. Congrats.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Stolas again...::Thread Over:: 09/12/2008 07:04 PM CDT
Touch the mirror, Stolas. Touch the rippling mirror. The real you will shortly be ejected into a sewer.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Stolas again...::Thread Over:: 09/12/2008 10:54 PM CDT
Maybe Stolas is just a really big Futurama fan.
Re: Stolas again...::Thread Over:: 09/13/2008 11:35 AM CDT
I like to think of Stolas like a dirty old bum. He's comin' up to me, and I'm 'bout to sock him one, cause, you know, he's a dirty old bum, but then I say, "Wait a minute, there's something... I don't know, special about this guy."
Re: Stolas again...::Thread Over:: 09/13/2008 08:29 PM CDT
<<I like to think of Stolas like a dirty old bum. He's comin' up to me, and I'm 'bout to sock him one>>

You punch bums? That's pretty weak.
Re: Stolas again... 09/13/2008 09:25 PM CDT
<<I've heard some people say some stupid things in my life but equating the morality of owning human beings as slaves to owning a collection of Circuit boards that display pretty lights on a screen? You've managed to place in the top three. Congrats.

Aristotle would have laughed at your bias towards owning people giving as much consideration to a slave as you give to your circuit board.

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas

You wait around impatiently for your opponent to return.
>
Galren stops the contest, admitting you are the better opponent.
Re: Stolas again... 09/13/2008 11:37 PM CDT
"Aristotle would have laughed at your bias towards owning people giving as much consideration to a slave as you give to your circuit board."

Hu? Seriously, could you restate that? It makes less sense than usual.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Stolas again... 09/13/2008 11:46 PM CDT
>>Seriously, could you restate that?

He was saying that Aristotle viewed slaves the way you view computers. Mere pieces of property to be used and traded about.

So long as you were supposed to be a slave, Aristotle thought it right and proper that you were a slave and would argue against your freedom. If you were not supposed to be one, though, he would argue for it.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Stolas again... 09/13/2008 11:53 PM CDT
Stolas, is that what you were trying so clumsily to get across?

-Serc

Re: Stolas again... 09/14/2008 02:25 AM CDT
Oh god I hope that post doesn't get pulled, it was brilliant.

Rev. Reene

"More I would, but Death invades me;
Death is now a welcome guest.
When I am laid in earth,
May my wrongs create
No trouble in thy breast.
Remember me, but ah!
Forget my fate."

- Dido's Lament
Re: Stolas again... 09/14/2008 02:59 AM CDT
You know, they sell certain products which... Actually why don't you explain it Reene, you're the one with the dolls in your closet.
Re: Stolas again... 09/14/2008 03:27 AM CDT
I refuse to allow Urkel's most holy visage to be defiled in such a manner >:(

WE'RE FIGHTING.

Rev. Reene

"More I would, but Death invades me;
Death is now a welcome guest.
When I am laid in earth,
May my wrongs create
No trouble in thy breast.
Remember me, but ah!
Forget my fate."

- Dido's Lament
Re: Stolas again...::Thread Over - AGAIN:: 09/15/2008 12:47 PM CDT

No really, this one's dead.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
1 3 Next Next_page