Katywhisper 05/20/2008 04:04 PM CDT
I'm all about attacking people with little or no provocation...but at what point could should Redeth consider herself able to gorilla stomp Katywhisper?

I'm not sure if she's well loved or not...but any information would be gravy.

Red'

PS: I'm not worried about dying...but I try not to push my luck unless I'm within 20 circles of said mook. 20 and below is my limit for rocking the boat.

You hear the ghostly voice of Redeth say, "That plan worked better in my head."
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 04:45 PM CDT
"I'm not worried about dying...but I try not to push my luck unless I'm within 20 circles of said mook. 20 and below is my limit for rocking the boat."

You want to go to an OOC source to see if you can handle this character? I am just trying to figure out your motivation here- you only want to attack someone if you have a reasonable chance of beating the character, so you go out of game and OOC to check this out? How can you reasonably argue that your character would know this information and make a decision in this fashion?

I mean really- think of it this way- what would your character do? If you character would handle it in a situational form(I will only attack if I can reasonably defeat the character, and if it turns out the character is really little go me), then your character should ask these questions in game. Don't come here to size him/her up.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 04:48 PM CDT
"I'm all about attacking people with little or no provocation"

Does this mean i can come find you and blast you in half like a musk hog?
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 04:49 PM CDT
1. it's a moon mage
2. you're an idiot

Rev. Reene

Idon: Oh wow, you got a send from Solomon? You must feel special.
Me: Special in the way the Tiananmen Square guy must have felt special, yeah.
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 06:02 PM CDT
alden no one likes you stop posting

-Strk
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 06:55 PM CDT
Sorry Strk, that kind of insult doesn't work once you are out of junior high. Give it another try in 4 years.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 07:39 PM CDT
>>You want to go to an OOC source to see if you can handle this character? I am just trying to figure out your motivation here- you only want to attack someone if you have a reasonable chance of beating the character, so you go out of game and OOC to check this out?

The intent to me seems to be a choice to modulate his response in a way that makes the conflict fun and prolonged rather than a quick race to see who can one-shot the other first. A watched pot never boils, true, but on the other hand you'll not be eating burnt soup.

If she's significantly lower in skill, he might try to keep it verbal until she decides to strike out at him. If she's significantly higher, she could probably withstand most of what he could dish out and it would now be her choice to turn the fight into a quick race to see who can get the one-shot off or not. If they are similar in level, neither is likely to own the other that quickly so a good fight or a good chance to run away is still viable.

I like to think that whatever trouble my mouth might get me in, those putting me back in my place don't like one-shots any better than I do.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 08:18 PM CDT
Normally, I wouldn't snipe at Flavius, but when he makes it this easy...

>>Sorry Strk, that kind of insult doesn't work once you are out of junior high. Give it another try in 4 years.

You're only in 2nd grade?

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 10:31 PM CDT
Flavius lives life in reverse.

He is currently a senior in high school.

I am --- Navak
Re: Katywhisper 05/20/2008 11:57 PM CDT
"Flavius lives life in reverse."

Well that part is true...hard on the neck though.

Re: Katywhisper 05/21/2008 08:03 AM CDT
This thread is thick with irony. Rather than take a survey to gauge their abilities why not just deal with it in character and test the waters. if you die then you'll know that your opponent was that much bigger.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Katywhisper 05/21/2008 09:49 AM CDT
>>You want to go to an OOC source to see if you can handle this character? I am just trying to figure out your motivation here- you only want to attack someone if you have a reasonable chance of beating the character, so you go out of game and OOC to check this out? How can you reasonably argue that your character would know this information and make a decision in this fashion?

Very valid questions. <3 <3 <3 Alden
Re: Katywhisper 05/22/2008 04:02 AM CDT
Wow, this is the first time my character has had anyone trolling for information OOC that I have heard of.. why don't you make it easy on yourself hun and come and find out.. but seriously, let's keep this IC because I absolutely have nothing against you OOC or really IC for that matter, but apparently you have issues you want to discuss.. so let's resolve whatever you need to emote over in private and let this board get back to bigger and better things, shall we?
Re: Katywhisper 05/22/2008 04:26 AM CDT
aaaand a mature rebuttal by Katywhisper, HOW WILL REDETH RECOVER?

Rev. Reene

Idon: Oh wow, you got a send from Solomon? You must feel special.
Me: Special in the way the Tiananmen Square guy must have felt special, yeah.
Re: Katywhisper 05/22/2008 09:09 AM CDT
::mjpopcorn::

-Strk