Prev_page Previous 1
Stolas events. 02/03/2007 09:55 AM CST
This was fairly amusing so I'll relate the events that transpired last night. Here's a basic summary.

Stolas arrived in Crossing. Makes smoochies with Ravennesque (lovely evil Tezirite RP there Stolas), then heads to town where he proceeds to ask on the gweth about any available Sever Thread scrolls. Eason made a comment about calling the guards and oddly enough Stolas was arrested (hey he wanted to RP himself as a sorcerer, he should expect to be treated as one). So, out of the blue, Stolas walks into the room, makes some comment about the 'peanut gallery', MBs Eason and casts CRS at him. CRS gets one hit in before I drag Eason out of the room and he runs over to get healed. So after making sure Eason is ok, I locate Stolas and he has hopped the Ways and left town.

Now I have to say...not only are your RP lacking Stolas, your PvP skills suck. I don't even PvP but I'll give you a couple tips. First off, CRS has a delay. Not really the best choice of spells since I managed to get Eason out of the room before he could be seriously hurt. When the person you're attacking is one third your level, a nice burn will do. Simple, straight to the point and most likely instant death. Of course I've always been a big fan of DFA spells. If you need more pointers maybe you should contact most any other moon mage in the game, most of us know the basics. Good luck and happy hunting!

Eowen.

Eason says, "It's a long walk"
You say, "Not that far."
Eason says, "Is too"
You exclaim, "Where's your sense of adventure!"
Eason exclaims, "Youre gonna see! It took off with my sense of mapreading!"
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 10:36 AM CST
lol, those aren't lessons you learn while becoming grandmaster of the zoo.

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 12:27 PM CST
Stolas the proper thing to do now would be kill Eason and then kill Eowen for interfering/being irritating.

-Strk
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 12:34 PM CST
But not with CRS. Theres no worse PVP spell. Except maybe SLS. Or dazzle. Okay, there are worse, but you get the idea.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 12:35 PM CST
<<Stolas the proper thing to do now would be kill Eason and then kill Eowen for interfering/being irritating.>>

Ha, now there's the generic answer to everything.

Eowen.

You say, "Not that far."
Eason says, "Is too"
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 01:42 PM CST
>>Not only could you not kill someone less than a third your circle, but here's the kicker. Stamina : 11 ... After jumping me, and failing to finish the job, I quickly found an empath, and decided to locate the aggressor. Not only was he not in the area, but he hopped the ways to escape. How brave. Youre a coward, and no-body likes you, now go away. -Eason

Daaaaaamn!

>>Stolas walks into the room, makes some comment about the 'peanut gallery', MBs Eason and casts CRS at him. CRS gets one hit in before I drag Eason out of the room and he runs over to get healed. -Eowen

. . . and the truth comes out.

X
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 03:02 PM CST
>> Or dazzle.

Actually Dazzle is a pretty damn good PvP spell you just have to know what you're doing.

Rev. Reene

[Zukir] "Rawr! Down with Moonies!"
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 03:11 PM CST
>>Actually Dazzle is a pretty damn good PvP spell you just have to know what you're doing.

This seems to be the fundamental issue here.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Airanie whispers, "are you raising?"
>whisper air I don't deal with corpses.
Airanie whispers, "ah I'm sorry thought you were a cleric, my apologies"
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 03:18 PM CST
This is a dumb conflict so I addressed the most important issue in the thread.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 04:12 PM CST
I dunno. The only time I PvPed, I slept the guy and used CrS to kill him. But I knew he had no friends. And I gave him like... four chances to stand down before I fought back...

Wait, I don't know PvP and I used CrS. I'm like Stolas! Go me!

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.rangerrawb.com/wiki/index.php/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 04:18 PM CST
Even if someone has no friends, they can easily log to avoid CRS. If someone is sleeping, burn will almost always 1-shot them. If you can't cast burn, DO/PD targeting the chest will do it in 1 or two casts. Let them log when they're dead. Unless you like to build the tension first or something. When your magics (especially TM) get higher, you can skip the MB part. Boom, dead before they know it.

That said, CRS doesn't always kill in 1 shot no matter how high your magic skills are. And even with 11 stamina, a limb shot will not kill you because the vitality loss is capped.
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 04:27 PM CST
I don't know the intricate details of this occurrence, nor do I really care because I can't show respect to somebody trying to play a dark powerful sorcery mage who hides in RF and picks up gems during an invasion cowering while brave empaths and the like are dropping dead all around down in Ilithi. However, it is a warnable offense to attack somebody, steal, basically give consent and then log out. I am guessing the party affected didn't care to go that route but you must stay in game a reasonable amount of time to allow for retaliation according to Nehros, who gave that spill to an acquaintance of mine. Also, the remaining in game only counts if it is not in a warded area. For example, a thief can't just sneak back into a certain ?dark dank hideout? apparently and never come out. If I were you guys, I wouldn't bother going back for revenge on em. You've embarrassed him enough here and he'll likely run away should he see you are in the area.

Player of Pormithius
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 05:15 PM CST
">>Actually Dazzle is a pretty damn good PvP spell you just have to know what you're doing."

While I see where you're going, the expendature of Mana to produce a RT long enough to give me initiative of action VS the amount of prep time for that mana and more efficent ways of ending the conflict immidiatly I don't see dazzle as a good choice for PVP.

However, in this instance I'm willing to be proved wrong as I honsetly havn't delved deep into the applications of Dazzle.

CRS is still a bad PVP spell.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 05:38 PM CST
>>Even if someone has no friends, they can easily log to avoid CRS.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is one of the very few things I would ever report. OOC things like this drive me nuts, and I believe it would result in a Mechanics Abuse warning for the person who logged while being attacked by another player.
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 06:01 PM CST
">>Even if someone has no friends, they can easily log to avoid CRS"

Walking out of the room after it's cast is just as effective and less policy breaking.

-Serc

Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 07:23 PM CST
I used SLS in one of my very, very rare PvP incidents. I caught someone in my pockets and pointed the sphere at him. I told him to get out. He did.
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 07:27 PM CST
>>Walking out of the room after it's cast is just as effective and less policy breaking.

Hence, the Mental Blast.

X
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 07:44 PM CST
But, gee, if Mb worked, why bother with CRS? Just walk up to the sleeping victim, skin him, and stuff the skin to mount as a trophy in your tree house. That way you can throw darts at your enemy's figure any time you like from then on, even when you have been drinking too much. Or maybe I do not understand revenge.

Wulfcat

Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 07:49 PM CST
Wulfcat, sometimes you worry me.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 08:47 PM CST
All you guys are going about it all wrong. Sleep em, pour naphtha on em and hit em with a dragon lighter or burn! Then keep dousing the person and let em log or run away when they wake, death will come regardless :)

Player of Pormithius
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 10:09 PM CST
Pormithius has style.

-=Dirge. We've been kicking ash for centuries!=-
Re: Stolas events. 02/03/2007 10:15 PM CST
Lighters don't light naphtha last I checked :(

However the Burn (or scheelite rod if you're a cheapshot or don't have Burn) with naphtha idea is good.

>> I used SLS in one of my very, very rare PvP incidents. I caught someone in my pockets and pointed the sphere at him. I told him to get out. He did.

I like your style.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/05/2007 03:02 PM CST
Well, I suppose Eason should not call guards on people if he does not want them coming back to discuss it. I walked into the room gave Eason the opportunity to apologize for calling the guards on Stolas. When that did not happen he got the MB and a CRS. If Eowen was not there he would have died. Knowing that Eowen and who knows who else wanted to get involved I left the provience. And I did remain in game where Eason could find me. Matter of fact I was sitting in one room hidden while I went and showered and got a bite to eat.

Somewhere in there is when Eowen told me how she was cheating on her husband with Eason. So I guess that is the reason she chose to drag him away. I maybe RPing a sorcerer what exactly are you RPing Eowen?

Shadowmancer Stolas, Darkling of the Progeny

Re: Stolas events. 02/05/2007 03:09 PM CST
>> I maybe RPing a sorcerer what exactly are you RPing Eowen?

You're RPing a sorcerer? I thought you were RPing an asshat. My bad.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/05/2007 07:22 PM CST
<<Somewhere in there is when Eowen told me how she was cheating on her husband with Eason. So I guess that is the reason she chose to drag him away. I maybe RPing a sorcerer what exactly are you RPing Eowen?>>

Eowen never told you she was cheating on her husband. I think everyone has pretty much deduced that on their own. And yes, that is part of RP. Eason is a sorcerer and Eowen has managed to get herself involved with someone that has immersed themselves in everything she thinks is evil and twisted...makes for interesting RP, don't you think?

<<You're RPing a sorcerer? I thought you were RPing an asshat. My bad.>>

Thanks for the laugh Reene.

Eowen.

You say, "Not that far."
Eason says, "Is too"
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 12:59 AM CST
>>I maybe RPing a sorcerer

Well, congrats: you got the outcast part down.

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.rangerrawb.com/wiki/index.php/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 10:06 AM CST
>>So I guess that is the reason she chose to drag him away. I maybe RPing a sorcerer what exactly are you RPing Eowen?

>>Eowen never told you she was cheating on her husband. I think everyone has pretty much deduced that on their own. And yes, that is part of RP. Eason is a sorcerer and Eowen has managed to get herself involved with someone that has immersed themselves in everything she thinks is evil and twisted...makes for interesting RP, don't you think?

he shoots and he whiffs. so much for having a comprehensive understanding of RP. Too bad it wasn't possible to include training that in your script o. your mighty path to Grandmaster of the Zoo.

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 11:05 AM CST
I've been quiet here for a reason. I'll post just because i can't resist anymore. This isn't meant as a direct attack more then a critique.

Stolas, i get you're trying to roleplay a Evil Sorcerer that is cool and all variety in roleplay is grand. Don't equate guild circle to knowledge, being a Grand Master in your guild doesn't make you any more knowledgeable then others half your circle. Also if you want to roleplay being around 200 years old, it'd be great if you spent the time to research the history and time periods in which you were supposedly alive before spouting off at the mouth.

I really wasn't too concerned but i was really confused when Stolas approached Aleyden, calling him and Outcast and talking about how the Elothean's kicked his people out. Yes Aleyden is Prydaen but the Outcast from Ilithi were Elves and others who inhabited the area Shard was build long ago. Prydaens came from the West during a different event.

Do your homework.

Remind yourself circle in guild doesn't mean being more knowledgeable about Elanthia. In truth circle means little to others in Role playing in a event like Sorcery.

Try to understand that there are people who know more about certain things then you. You want to role play a know it all then please back it up when you role play that way if you want to be taken seriously. You can't seriously approach a well known character in an area Questioning why they were choosen to be a Commander (clearly showing your lack of knowledge in that respect), then getting his race confused with Outcast from the Deserts.

Aleyden would have been more then open about why he was a Commander if Stolas hadn't came off like a idiot. Going on about how Elothean's rule Ilithi rant, specifically considering his commission was a direct result of Osur asking him to be a Commander. Elothean or not he was asked by a Elothean to fill the position, because there was something that needed to be done at the time and sometimes taking up an Unwanted position was the best way to archive a goal.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 12:40 PM CST
Actually, Aley, I find the conduct of Stolas that you complain about entirely consistant with the RP of a hot shot, know it all. I am sure you have run across them before. How many were really hot shots, and how many really knew it all?

To be fair, I suppose Stolas error really just demonstrated his humanity (to err is . . .).

On the other hand, I am pretty laid back about most things, this event included.
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 01:18 PM CST
I don't disagree if that was the angle he was coming from. My issue was that it seemed he was trying to spin the situation as him being more of a Elothean who was about 200 years old and knew the history of Shard well.

I was just saying he wanted to be taken seriously in the context that he presented himself, when approaching anyone, he should do the work required. If he wants to just be a hot shot know it all who really knows nothing, then you're right he's doing it perfectly well.

I'm pretty laid back with my Role play, i make it very well known Aleyden doesn't know everything and he really doesn't care to know everything. Which makes it pretty easy to just admit when I don't know. Yet when i do know something I'll try to offer up knowledge in hopes its well received, if not then i just go back to doing my thing.

>
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 01:52 PM CST
I am sorry that some of the RP nazis are so upset about my character. Personally, I feel they are upset about some criticism they have received in other posts and now just want to complain about every little thing. I would ask for others to remember that not everyone RPs the way you do and that the game has room for everyone. I would also like to say that Stolas does not have complete and absolute knowledge of Elanthia. The player has of course visited the websites and read many a book but Stolas has his own subjective viewpoint on Elanthia, Ilithi, Eloths and everything else. I think a lot of people have complained about the RP of myself and my character concept when all they have shown is the concious effort put into both.

Shadowmancer Stolas, Darkling of the Progeny

Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 02:21 PM CST
We're all out to get you!

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
Airanie whispers, "are you raising?"
>whisper air I don't deal with corpses.
Airanie whispers, "ah I'm sorry thought you were a cleric, my apologies"
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 05:00 PM CST
>> I would ask for others to remember that not everyone RPs the way you do and that the game has room for everyone.

Um... You mean wrong?

I guess if you're roleplaying an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about and utterly lacks finesse in his dealings with pretty much everyone, good job.

If you're trying to be taken seriously as some kind of intelligent and evil villain, though, I can tell you that you're falling way, way short of the mark.

>> I think a lot of people have complained about the RP of myself and my character concept when all they have shown is the concious effort put into both.

I can't say I've seen it, or at the very least the image you think you're projecting is very different from the image that is actually being projected.

But it's okay. I sympathize. It's alright to fall short of the mark sometimes.

May I recommend a little reading for you? http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html might come in useful to you.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 09:44 PM CST
>>May I recommend a little reading for you? http://reene.euphoricsoup.com/text/roleplaying.html might come in useful to you. ~Reene

This made me giggle, thank you.

Stolas... My grandma told me a long arse time ago, if you can't say nothing nice, don't say anything at all... I think that rule really seriously applies here.

You've gone from complaining about them handing out 3 scrolls (and were shot down nicely by the GM's and then not so nicely) to seeming to be against the use of sorcery, atleast some of it. Do me a favor, please? Pick a side of the fence to sit on.

~~
>ask shadowling about Solomon
The shadowling exclaims, "Bibayaritoo mi!"

The tiny shadowling glares at you.
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 10:02 PM CST
I find it ironic that Sylverwind is criticizing someone for not roleplaying when she's one of those lovely people whose characters all act exactly how she acts on the OOC boards.

You are Malkien, a dashing Barbarian. Huzzah!
You are Apis, a legendary Cleric in your own head.
You are Ragesong. What sort of Kaldar is a Bard, anyways, doofus?
You are also Pellazan (WM), Essatariol (Ranger) and running out of sig space.
Re: Stolas events. 02/06/2007 11:38 PM CST
Shows how much you know about my characters.

Any of them.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/07/2007 07:52 AM CST
If you suggest someone read your personal roleplaying guide one more time I will print it out, twist it into a little paper cord, and strangle your first born child with it.

-Strk
Re: Stolas events. 02/07/2007 07:56 AM CST
I do it to shamelessly annoy people.

Looks like it's working too.

Rev. Reene

Re: Stolas events. 02/07/2007 03:37 PM CST
Challenge emptiness.
Ten thousand swords never rise
on paper tigers.

Rroht Hhussk
Progeny of Tezirah