alternate spell preparations 02/15/2018 08:51 PM CST
My character belongs to the sect of the Monks of the Crystal Hand. It used to be, and according to the elanthipedia still is, that all the sects have different spell preparations. I have the feats, Alternate Prep and Silent Prep, necessary to use what is supposed to be the Monk's spell prep but the "prepare /list" command isn't working for me. When I enter "prepare /list' or prepare /shift" all i receive is the help messaging for the command telling me how to prepare a spell and telling me how to toggle whether or not I'm attempting to hide my spell prep. Does anyone know if this is a bug or if there's eomthing else I have to do in order to get the alternate spell prep?
Re: alternate spell preparations 02/15/2018 09:29 PM CST

Do you need the alternative spell preparation feat?
Re: alternate spell preparations 02/15/2018 09:52 PM CST
You also need to learn the prep from an NPC. The sect representative you join with, I believe?
Re: alternate spell preparations 02/16/2018 11:33 AM CST
Thanks. It used to be that you just defaulted to the new prep message when you joined so I hadn't though of the very simple solution of going and asking about it from the sect rep.
Re: alternate spell preparations 02/17/2018 11:56 PM CST
This is an area that I wish we would get rid of the spell cost. It's not OP, but letting people have different spell preps would just add a little variety.