Training warding 12/19/2017 09:35 PM CST
I was testing with both psychic shield and shear to see if moving to shear would start training better and they both appear to teach the same.

With the chaos symbiosis I can put 43 mana into either spell and per cast I get 1 mindstate each time, but PSY is listed as basic difficulty and shear is listed as advanced.

Am I missing something or is one of these not teaching as it should?

~Kehlbins
Re: Training warding 12/19/2017 11:43 PM CST
Did you note how much actual exp you were gaining? To do this, you need to have an empty Warding skill pool, cast a spell once, and then wait for the exp to clear out. In this way you can see what exp level you were at before and after the spell and thus how much exp you gained.

It's entirely possible that each spell was giving you 1 mindstate but that one was still teaching you more than the other, since the mindstates represent a range of exp values.

- Navesi
Re: Training warding 12/20/2017 05:29 PM CST
Oh I get that I'm not showing the most accurate test possible. I was just surprised that it took the skill to use the same amount of mana and get approximately the same experiance when one is a basic spell and the other is advanced. Seems like an advanced should teach more for the same amount of mana.

I tried testing with shadow servant (advanced) and shadowling (intermediate) and had the same number of mind states (I know, not the best test) of movement. Both with chaos, both with 53 mana.

I might have to test without chaos to see if it's doing something.

~Kehlbins