Su Helmas Mirror Bug 02/01/2017 07:39 AM CST
Watchout! In coming post.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Su Helmas lewt 02/01/2017 01:18 AM CST
I was lucky enough to win the heptagonal khor'vela and goldwood mirror inlaid with geometric illustrations from the raffle at Su Helmas. I started bonding with it right away, and noticed a problem. You can't predict on other people. You're supposed to "show mirror to <person>" in order to predict on someone else, but it doesn't work. Instead, it just says you catch their image in the reflection, and that's it.

It's a really nice divination tool, but I'd love to be able to use it to it's fullest extent.

>look mirror
Scalloped along the edge of the glass, spirals of khor'vela wood create whirling pattern of undigested animal bone, golden tones peeking through in the center of each vortex. Carved in bas-relief upon the entirety of the mirror's posterior surface, a seven-pointed star protrudes, platinum inset in the center of the raised delineation. Mathematical calculations manifest at the linear intersections, inscribed proficiently in steel and brass.
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/01/2017 12:25 PM CST
Functionally, it should act like any mirror.

What's the exact messaging you're getting when you're trying to show it to someone?

-Raesh

"Sometimes, I worry that I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am..." - Mistborn
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/01/2017 02:45 PM CST
>align magic
You focus internally and align yourself for a prediction on a random magic skill.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
Sophrona deftly removes a lockpick from her lockpick ring and begins to fiddle with a crust-covered driftwood strongbox using her lockpick.
Sophrona returns her lockpick to the lockpick ring.
>show mirror to sophr
You tilt your mirror to catch Sophrona's reflection, capturing her reflection within the mirror.
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 01:42 AM CST
i dont think this is a problem limited to this specific mirror. it's a problem with mirrors in general.
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 08:50 AM CST
>show mirror to sophr
You tilt your mirror to catch Sophrona's reflection, capturing her reflection within the mirror.

That's what's supposed to happen.

-Raesh

Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 02:15 PM CST
How am I supposed to predict on other people using the mirror then? I know elanthipedia can be wrong, but it says in order to predict on someone else using the mirror, I am to align first, then "show mirror to <person>", but it doesn't work. With bones, I was able to "roll bones at <person>", or "predict future <person>". Is it not possible with a mirror, is it self-only?
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 03:49 PM CST
Showing just identifies the target. After that you still have to predict like usual.

-Raesh

Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 07:39 PM CST
I don't know, just spitballing here based on raesh's post. But what if you align, show the mirror to the person and then gaze in the mirror? does it predict on you or the other person?
Re: Su Helmas lewt 02/02/2017 07:50 PM CST
Got it!

So, you have to SHOW MIRROR TO PERSON, then you just GAZE MIRROR. That's it.