Predictions too small 12/30/2016 02:33 PM CST
The following is with a capped set of bones and a full pool. It should have been much more than +10 ranks.

MoonMageBob casts his bones towards you.

The Krr-tich skitters across the ground and rests pointing towards him.
The Sek-rith bounces three times and lands pointing towards him.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting a catapult.
The Sun Disk lands white side up.
He studies them for a moment before gathering them back up.

>exp skill engin
Showing Engineering experience:

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Engineering: 1215 93.68% clear (0/34)

Time Development Points: 6163 Favors: 17 Deaths: 66 Departs: 47

>exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:
+193 Targeted Magic
+63 Skinning
+284 Forging
+10 Engineering
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 02:44 PM CST
Some more. Maybe something to do with the lore skillset?

The Krr-tich bounces twice and lands pointing towards him.
The Sek-rith stands on end for a moment before falling over, pointing towards him.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting a musical note.

The Krr-tich tumbles end-over-end before coming to a rest pointing towards him.
The Sek-rith rolls a few inches away pointing directly towards him.
The Moon Sphere comes to a stop with the top face depicting an eyeball.

>exp mods
The following skills are currently under the influence of a modifier:
+132 Perception
+63 Skinning
+10 Engineering
+10 Performance
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 02:53 PM CST
>>Some more. Maybe something to do with the lore skillset?

IIRC crafting skills get half the buff of other things for 'reasons'.

Still, that would put the full buff at only 20 ranks which seems low to me.
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 02:58 PM CST
> IIRC crafting skills get half the buff of other things for 'reasons'.

Note that one of the skills I tested was performance, which is not a crafting skill.

Also, that halving is applied after exp mods reports the results, based on how WOTM behaves.
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 06:59 PM CST
I'm not sure if it's related, but something similar happened when a moon mage predicted on me, got +10 to athletics. I logged out and back in and it showed +48 to athletics (which, at 94 base ranks, was significant).

__
A swamp troll looks at you.
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 08:56 PM CST
If you have something like this happen please assist and have a GM capture all the effects on you and make sure to tell them if you had any other sources of buff/debuff at the time to the skill in question.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 08:56 PM CST
>>I'm not sure if it's related, but something similar happened when a moon mage predicted on me, got +10 to athletics. I logged out and back in and it showed +48 to athletics (which, at 94 base ranks, was significant).

Have you ever managed to do something like this without relogging? Can you do it consistently?

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 09:38 PM CST
> If you have something like this happen please assist and have a GM capture all the effects on you and make sure to tell them if you had any other sources of buff/debuff at the time to the skill in question.

Done. I had been logged out, so I still had the predictions that I posted about earlier.
Re: Predictions too small 12/30/2016 11:02 PM CST
>>Have you ever managed to do something like this without relogging? Can you do it consistently?

In my case I had attempted multiple buffs a couple of times, first one from a ranger (Athleticism, which brought me to +12), then using the tentacle from The Witchery (dropped buff to +10) and then the moon mage prediction, which, before I relogged, did not change from +10. The ranger spell ran out, no change. Buff stayed at +10 for over an hour, when I logged out for the night. The next morning I logged in, and had the buff show up as +48, which dropped when I got the messaging about the prediction wearing off.

The second time, tried the ranger spell (+12 again), then the prediction (dropped to +10), (no tentacle) let the spell run out, logged out and got +48 upon logging back in.

__
A swamp troll looks at you.
Re: Predictions too small 12/31/2016 12:09 PM CST
Better question: Can you ever replicate this with only one buff?

-Raesh

Re: Predictions too small 01/20/2017 07:34 PM CST
If you still need data on this, it happened to me again. In addition to one +10, I've got a number of other curiously small predictions, despite the messaging on the prediction indicating a very strong one. So far I've only seen it happen when predicting on someone else.
Re: Predictions too small 01/20/2017 10:06 PM CST
It's reached the point where it happens more often than not (i.e. 5 of my last 6 predictions), so I can probably demonstrate.