I made a permanent moongate! 06/28/2016 09:44 PM CDT
Might be something to do with the buggy enchante messaging that everyone in the room stopped playing at once.

This was during spar night, so I wasn't really paying attention to my mana or when the gate closed. Normally I cast and just let it close on it's own.

> prep mg 9
You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Moongate spell.

You sense your Shift Moonbeam spell fade from you.

> cast yav

You gesture.
In a blazing fountain of red-gold sparks, a red Moongate blazes into life.
>
Untamed Annieka came through a red Moongate.

The skipping, sparkling rhythm of Maxwelinski's enchante flows from his lips, enticing the air around you to shed moisture and to warm as if under a summer sun.
The air shifts as the persuasive melody of Maxwelinski's enchante surrounds you, and suddenly the area seems hotter and drier.

The air gradually stills as the music of Annieka's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around her.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of your enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around you.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Coeur's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around her.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Hebion's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Derium's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Zaqek's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Ephic's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Kelneth's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Hnot's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.
>
The air gradually stills as the music of Zandrith's enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around him.

You say, "Ohmy goodness."
>
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>
>
You sense an overall decrease in Lunar mana.
>
>
Rumbling comes from the fissure followed by a thick cloud of dust which quickly settles to the ground.
>
> prep mg 9
You raise an arm skyward, chanting the equation of the Moongate spell.
>
>
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>
> cast yav
You gesture.
Since there is already a Moongate open here, the existing rift in reality causes your spell to fail.

>

>
> pow
>
Yavash is dominant, while Katamba and Xibar's influences are weak.
Perception and Enlightened Geometry spells are favored.
Your blue moonbeam at [The Crossing, Magen Road] should last at least four more anlaen or until Xibar sets.
Your red moonbeam at [The Crossing, Magen Road] should last at least six more anlaen or until Yavash sets.
You are currently sustaining a Moongate.
You sense the Clear Vision spell upon you, which will last for about thirty roisaen.
You sense the Braun's Conjecture spell upon you, which will last for about eighty-two roisaen.
You sense the Distant Gaze spell linking you to your blue moonbeam. It should last for about fifty-four roisaen.
You are preparing the Locate spell at sixteen mana.
You sense the Zephyr spell in the area, which will last for about nine roisaen.
You sense an extraplanar incursion in the area.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

> pow

Yavash is dominant, Katamba is moderate, while Xibar's influence is weak.
Perception and Enlightened Geometry spells are favored.
Your red moonbeam at [The Crossing, Magen Road] should last at least three more anlaen or until Yavash sets.
You sense the Braun's Conjecture spell upon you, which will last for about thirteen roisaen.

> look
[Prairie, Sunbeam Circle]
Waves of tall grass shudder like kite strings dangling from the night sky. Barn owls hoot in the distance, and it's not hard to imagine rodents cowering at the warning. Though normally a focal point of activity during the day, the community well stands unbothered at the edge of the dirt path.
You also see a red and white checkered cloth with several things on it, a red Moongate, a red and white checkered cloth with several things on it, a large farmstead with a blooming apple blossom tree in the yard, a large farmstead with a verdant hedgerow brimming with snow white Elamiri roses, a large farmstead and a large farmstead.
Also here: Shadow Hunter Maltris.
Obvious paths: southeast, southwest, west.

> peer moong
You peer through the Moongate...

[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement.
You also see a wide arch and a stone urn.
Also here: Hex Coryne.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
>
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/28/2016 10:26 PM CDT
Assuming not to much was cut from the log, that first perceive message shows you preparing Locate even though you just tried preping and casting moongate. That could be part of the bug.
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/28/2016 11:30 PM CDT
A LOT was cut from the log. Again, I was running spars. That POW was done far after the fact.

Anyways, so, I logged out and logged back, in, the moongate closed, yay! But the system still things I'm holding one open, so I can't cast any other moonbeams.

Katamba and Yavash are dominant, while Xibar's influence is weak.
Perception and Moonlight Manipulation spells are favored.
You sense the Aura Sight spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-five roisaen.
You sense the Braun's Conjecture spell upon you, which will last for about eighty-two roisaen.
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/28/2016 11:31 PM CDT
> The air gradually stills as the music of your enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around you.

Well that's interesting.
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/29/2016 12:02 AM CDT
Moonbard!
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/29/2016 01:42 AM CDT
<<> The air gradually stills as the music of your enchante comes near to its end, but a lingering warmth still hangs upon the air around you.
<<Well that's interesting.

FWIW, I bugged that about a year ago or so.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/29/2016 07:46 AM CDT

> Well that's interesting.

It's a bug with care and cast area, IIRC.
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/29/2016 10:43 AM CDT
<<FWIW, I bugged that about a year ago or so.

Okay, turns out it was only about 6 months ago. http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Bards/Bugs%20-%20Bards/view/1474

I don't think it'd be related to the Moongate at any rate.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: I made a permanent moongate! 06/29/2016 12:30 PM CDT
It actually could be. That bug is... more irritating that you might think last time I checked it out.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things