G'nar Pethian cantrip VIEW not working with telescopes or enigma? 06/13/2016 12:11 AM CDT
Just to review, the cantrip allows for prediction observation regardless of the time of day as long as the object is in season. This doesn't appear to be working in this case, although I'm not sure if it's because it's an enigma or because it requires a telescope.

> cent tele on eye

You redirect your efforts with the telescope.
You put your eye to the black telescope and attempt to center on the enigma of Dergati's Eye (Mag2 Lor1 Off1 Def1 Sur1).
Your search for the enigma of Dergati's Eye (Mag2 Lor1 Off1 Def1 Sur1) is foiled by the daylight.

> frow
You frown.

> chant cant view
You chant a small phrase, the power of your cantrip flowing from your lips!
You feel a sense of inner sight well up within you.
> cent tele on eye

You put your eye to the black telescope and attempt to center on the enigma of Dergati's Eye (Mag2 Lor1 Off1 Def1 Sur1).
Your search for the enigma of Dergati's Eye (Mag2 Lor1 Off1 Def1 Sur1) turns up fruitless.

>
You feel your inner sight leave you.

> cent tele on eye

>
Your search for the enigma of Dergati's Eye (Mag2 Lor1 Off1 Def1 Sur1) is foiled by the daylight.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: G'nar Pethian cantrip VIEW not working with telescopes or enigma? 06/22/2016 07:28 AM CDT
>>Just to review, the cantrip allows for prediction observation regardless of the time of day as long as the object is in season. This doesn't appear to be working in this case, although I'm not sure if it's because it's an enigma or because it requires a telescope.

I think what is happening here is that the order of checks is confusing you.

First check: Is it the right time of day to see this Enigma? Without the cantrip you fail this check (Foiled by daylight). With the cantrip you pass it.

Second check: Is the object actually in season? This is the fruitless message.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things