RtR 06/04/2016 06:41 PM CDT
Quest bug...

Before getting the white fragment…
>>predict state all
You consider your recent observations:
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over magic.
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over lore.
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over offensive combat.
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over defensive combat.
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over survival.
You have a complete understanding of the celestial influences over future events.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

After getting the white fragment...

>invoke frag
Well, that didn't do much.

>predict state all
You consider your recent observations:
You have no understanding of the celestial influences over magic.
You have no understanding of the celestial influences over lore.
You have no understanding of the celestial influences over offensive combat.
You have no understanding of the celestial influences over defensive combat.
You have no understanding of the celestial influences over survival.
You have a powerful understanding of the celestial influences over future events.
Roundtime: 16 sec.

so, I couldn't invoke the fragment to complete the quest. What's the deal?
Re: RtR 06/04/2016 07:24 PM CDT
Apologies, looks like a bug fix I applied the other day went slightly wrong. It should work now.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: RtR 06/04/2016 08:12 PM CDT
::shuffles feet::

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: RtR 06/04/2016 08:25 PM CDT
>>::shuffles feet::

Way to take down your enemies by any means necessary.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: RtR 06/04/2016 10:05 PM CDT
I should have kept the fragment instead of trying to turn it in.

That was a funny death though.

Thayet

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: RtR 06/05/2016 09:59 AM CDT
Hehe, I did the same thing the first time Thayet.

Second time through I double checked my prediction pools were full before getting the fragment. Still couldn't invoke, so I kept the fragment and refilled my pools. I was able to invoke the fragment, but I wasn't learning from the observations triggered by the invocation because my prediction pools were full; ironic, I know. So... I did a bunch of quick predictions to empty the pools while the fragment-induced spell was active and I was actually able to complete the quest.

Looks like the bug was patch since (thank you!!!!)

Cheers,

~Z
Re: RtR 06/05/2016 10:03 AM CDT
Oh nono, I found one on my Necromancer. And used it. And it worked.

Attempting to turn it in got me a spiel about thieving and a messy death. It was great. Really makes me nostalgic for my moonie days.

Thayet

Re: RtR 06/05/2016 02:38 PM CDT
>>Oh nono, I found one on my Necromancer. And used it. And it worked.

Yeah, yeah, I figured Moon Mages would be tricky enough to try and pass them off to other Moon Mages. I didn't consider people would be tricky enough to use it to bypass the signature status (Not that I can imagine this is a terribly useful thing for a non-Moon Mage to do, but it doesn't make sense.)

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things